• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Some of these lines are so bad. Everything about Arena seems so strange to me. So does everyone's reaction to it. When it was released, everybody was saying "This game is such a Persona game! :O".

I'm not seeing it.

I think a segment of people associate the brand of Persona with a light atmosphere thanks to P4 so the goofiness seems normal for them.

Dantis

It definitely feels like a Persona 4 game though.

...Disagree.

Anywho, what has everyone been playing? I tried Ni No Kuni, but man, that combat did not gel with me at all. There's a few reasons that I don't play many non-MegaTen JRPGs and combat like Ni No Kuni's is definitely one of them. I'm also still working my way through Corpse Party, sloooooowly.

Once I'm done with that, I'll probably start up P4G again. Tempted to play through in Japanese again. Some of the JP voices are so, so great.

Squire

Banned
Well so much for their taste in games.

I don't think they've got anything against them, they're just dated games.

Then again, look at the review Flux linked. 7.3? Totally trashed it.
-_^

Anywho, what has everyone been playing? I tried Ni No Kuni, but man, that combat did not gel with me at all. There's a few reasons that I don't play many non-MegaTen JRPGs and combat like Ni No Kuni's is definitely one of them. I'm also still working my way through Corpse Party, sloooooowly.

Once I'm done with that, I'll probably start up P4G again. Tempted to play through in Japanese again. Some of the JP voices are so, so great.

Yeah, that Ninokuni combat is dogshit.

I played a few hours Gravity Rush on Vita. I like it, but something's missing. It's like they didn't seem to really grab the bull by the horns and the game lost me after a couple days as a result. I wanna go back to it, though. Really strikes me as a game that deserves the time.

I'm really tempted to get Revengeance on day one. To that end, I got a controller converter for my PS3 since I want to have the exclusive VR missions as an option, but I'm not gonna play the game with that Fisher Price pad. I'm undecided though. Trying to save some for the new consoles.

You know I'm playing FES. I'm nine hours in. It's good.

I'm also tempted to restart P4G. I probably will shortly.

Kazzy

Some of these lines are so bad. Everything about Arena seems so strange to me. So does everyone's reaction to it. When it was released, everybody was saying "This game is such a Persona game! :O".

I'm not seeing it.

It also doesn't help that they were seemingly content to break each character down to one or two defining traits, most of which were only ever used as funny asides in the original games. Chie and her love of meat, along with Yosuke and his uneasiness around Kanji, etc.

You were basically left with caricatures.

I didn't dig the NNK combat system either, but I'll probably get it when it's 20$. I'm fooling around in UMvC3 right now and waiting for Metal Gear Rising to come out.

Dantis

It also doesn't help that they were seemingly content to break each character down to one or two defining traits, most of which were only ever used as funny asides in the original games. Chie and her love of meat, along with Yosuke and his uneasiness around Kanji, etc.

You were basically left with caricatures.

Yep. I've said this loads of times before too, haha! :D

I didn't dig the NNK combat system either, but I'll probably get it when it's 20$. I'm fooling around in UMvC3 right now and waiting for Metal Gear Rising to come out.

I can see myself picking it up somewhere down the line and playing through it really slowly, you know? I had it rented though, so I was inclined to play it over my other games, and it just wasn't happening. It is outrageously charming though.

I loved MvC3 when it first came out, and then somehow my opinion of it just dropped off. Honestly, it might have been when I realised how terrible I was, haha.

TWILT

Banned
I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening mostly. I've also been playing Resonance of Fate on and off (at chapter 13~). Tempted to pick up Revengeance coming soon.

Annd I'll probably start Nocturne soon.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
...Disagree.

Dead Space 3.

It's glorious. I love this series.

I think I'll get around to trying the Killzone trilogy now that I have the ability to use my 360 controller on my ps3. :D

cj_iwakura

Kind of a cross post, but hopefully this gets you all interested in Soul Hackers:
http://telebunny.net/talkingtime/showpost.php?p=1475197&postcount=174

2427073-izzy.jpg

A taste of how crazy intricate the gameplay can be. I'm still giddy to think we're getting it here.

Enjoy some music too.

Squire

Banned
Mitsuru had a great design in P3. The catsuit variant of her was obvious fanservice.

The whole game was. Athena's whole reason for existing is people loving the casts of P3 and P4 the way they do. "It's canon. Such-and-such is in the plot." Whatever. Way, way too much weight is given to Arena. It's a fun game for fans.

FluxWaveZ

The whole game was. Athena's whole reason for existing is people loving the casts of P3 and P4 the way they do. "It's canon. Such-and-such is in the plot." Whatever. Way, way too much weight is given to Arena. It's a fun game for fans.

You would have preferred it if Penthesilea was used as Mitsuru's Persona instead? (I actually meant Palladion for Aigis)

But yeah, the catsuit was certainly just for fanservice. P4A as a whole was.

Sophia

Darn right it is. I get to play as my favorite character and beat the crap out of Akihiko! >_>;

Dantis

Today is a day for improving my pictures.

Mitsuru had a great design in P3. The catsuit variant of her was obvious fanservice.

Agreed. Mitsuru's design is one of my favourite designs across P3 and P4. The Arena design was dumb.

Blerg. You're probably right.

Trigger

Yeah, I can't disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom