• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everything can be DLC.

They'll sell costumes. They might sell demons if SMTIV is any indication. The structure of the game means S. Links aren't an option though.

Not really, if they just extend the time you can spend outside during the day, or at night, you could easily throw an event trigger in for an S.link.

Squire

Banned
...What do you even do with your free time?

Post in this thread, mostly.

You make it sound so easy, haha!

Yep. And it's not. It'd throw the game out of whack. The structure is waaaaay to tight. If they're loosening it up in some way, maybe. If it continues to be as rigid as P3/4, no chance. Whether the days or longer or not.

All this talk of P5 is making me sad.

They'd best show the damn thing soon. >: (

Next week in Famitsu?!
I'm half-serious.

pirata

This wait for P5 is making me delirious. I'm thinking of making either a thread or a post compiling everything we've heard/has been leaked about the game. Is it worth making another thread, or should I just post it in here?

Dantis

Next week in Famitsu?!
I'm half-serious.

I've been saying for months that I think it will be shown at the end of May/beginning of June.

I genuinely believe that the next two issues of Famitsu are the most likely places we'll see it for a long while.

EDIT: Following up what I said to Ron on Twitter, what does everyone want to see at E3?

Personally, I'd like Persona 5, Legacy of Kain, Uncharted (Or just a new Amy Hennig title tbh), Witcher 3 and Project Zero 5.

Sophia

Persona 5 wont be shown this year.

Be negative about these things and you'll never be disappointed.

43-persona3-25-1041rudd.jpg

cjkeats

EDIT: Following up what I said to Ron on Twitter, what does everyone want to see at E3?

Personally, I'd like Persona 5, Legacy of Kain, Uncharted (Or just a new Amy Hennig title tbh), Witcher 3 and Project Zero 5.

3DS and Vita games. New stuff for the current consoles. No franchises in particular, just games.
Lots of localization announcements. Sega better deliver Y5 and Protect Dive F(& f).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really think we'll see a new Raidou game from Atlus announced soon.

As I said in the other thread, I actually think the Ys 7/Celceta style of gameplay would work really well with Raidou. Switching the allies with two demons you choose and going for a top down, fast paced action rpg.

Taruranto

You make it sound so easy, haha!

Yeah, i mean, it's not like they created S.Link out of nothing in P3-4 portings.

I really think we'll see a new Raidou game from Atlus announced soon.

As I said in the other thread, I actually think the Ys 7/Celceta style of gameplay would work really well with Raidou. Switching the allies with two demons you choose and going for a top down, fast paced action rpg.

As much i'd love a new Raidou (especially if it continues Raidou 2 gameplay), i doubt we are going to see one soon. The Raidou games didn't sell well iirc and Raidou 2 was 80% recycled content.

Dantis

3DS and Vita games. New stuff for the current consoles. No franchises in particular, just games.
Lots of localization announcements. Sega better deliver Y5 and Protect Dive F(& f).

Only if they cut the Haruka section!

Yeah, i mean, it's not like they created S.Link out of nothing in P3-4 portings.

They did two in P4G and had to massively rejig the whole structure of the game.

P3P's replaced previous links so don't count.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And for people complaining about the girls throwing their panties at you so easily in Persona.

Play Hakuoki, it's far from a Persona/female exclusive thing. Or hell, even Fire Emblem. Chrom get out of my face.

Taruranto

P3P's replaced previous links so don't count.

Aigis didn't require much modifications (if any?), and Adachi S.Link doesn't affect much for the first 7-8 ranks, iirc. There were plenty of days in P4, especially in NG+ were you could do nothing.

If wrpg can get away with entirely optional companions despite the ammount of change they present to the game structure, adding an NPC to games like Persona 3-4 were S.Link are pretty much locked out of the main storyline content-wise and consequence-wise isn't really a huge feat.

Squire

Banned
I've been saying for months that I think it will be shown at the end of May/beginning of June.

I genuinely believe that the next two issues of Famitsu are the most likely places we'll see it for a long while.

100% agree on the next two Famitsu's being most likely.

And yeah, new AH game would be sweet. Yesterday somebody was asking me how I'd feel about Unchsrted, but with a new character instead of Drake - somebody related to him or completely new. I love Drake, but I think it's a great idea.

I also have a theory about Naughty Dog's next game, but that's neither here nor there.

Were there any teases in the most recent Famitsu?

Which is, ironically, when they're most likely to cover something you care about!

Post in this thread, mostly.

Yep. And it's not. It'd throw the game out of whack. The structure is waaaaay to tight. If they're loosening it up in some way, maybe. If it continues to be as rigid as P3/4, no chance. Whether the days or longer or not.

Next week in Famitsu?!
I'm half-serious.

Honestly, I would be really annoyed if it was as rigid and had the same battle/s.link system.I understand why it worked before, but after 5 releases of it, I'm a little bored. I'd prefer a game that allowed for the openness to accommodate things like character event DLC, and not just stupid bikini battle outfits. I'm looking for a little more from P5 than just some pretty cell shading and a copy pasta silent MC in a new town and his wacky new gang of friends.

Dantis

It wasn't even funny the first time you said it. It's not funny now. Too significant to be cut. It's like an entire chapter in Yakuza 4.

'Funny' implies that I'm joking. And I guess what I just said to Keats was?

But it seriously will be disappointing if it comes over with the idol section both intact and unskippable, because I love all five of the Yakuza games.

100% agree on the next two Famitsu's being most likely.

And yeah, new AH game would be sweet. Yesterday somebody was asking me how I'd feel about Unchsrted, but with a new character instead of Drake - somebody related to him or completely new. I love Drake, but I think it's a great idea.

I also have a theory about Naughty Dog's next game, but that's neither here nor there

Indeed. The wait for leaks on Tuesday is going to be agony, haha.

Also, I love the theory that someone had that the new AH game would be an Uncharted prequel where you play as Francis Drake. I'd be totally down with that.

Honestly, I would be really annoyed if it was as rigid and had the same battle/s.link system.I understand why it worked before, but after 5 releases of it, I'm a little bored. I'd prefer a game that allowed for the openness to accommodate things like character event DLC, and not just stupid bikini battle outfits. I'm looking for a little more from P5 than just some pretty cell shading and a copy pasta silent MC in a new town and his wacky new gang of friends.

Man, I think you're in for a unpleasant surprise. It sounds like you want something more open world-esque?

Sophia

'Funny' implies that I'm joking. And I guess what I just said to Keats was?

But it seriously will be disappointing if it comes over with the idol section both intact and unskippable, because I love all five of the Yakuza games.

It will. There's no way it'll be removed.

Squire

Banned
Aigis didn't require much modifications (if any?), and Adachi S.Link doesn't affect much for the first 7-8 ranks, iirc. There were plenty of days in P4, especially in NG+ were you could do nothing.

If wrpg can get away with entirely optional companions despite the ammount of change they present to the game structure, adding an NPC to games like Persona 3-4 were S.Link are pretty much locked out of the main storyline content-wise and consequence-wise isn't really a huge feat.

S. Links are tied to whole suites of Persona (and in some cases, other things as well.)

It's not as trivial as a an optional party member in a BioWare game where you recruit them or you don't.

FluxWaveZ

And for people complaining about the girls throwing their panties at you so easily in Persona.

Play Hakuoki, it's far from a Persona/female exclusive thing. Or hell, even Fire Emblem. Chrom get out of my face.

Because another game does it worse does not mean there is no room for improvement.

Taruranto

Ops, i missed this
I have not played Growlanser (YOU CAN SHAME ME LATER KTHX), so go into more detail please?

Essentially (my memory is a bit hazy about the details) Growlanser IV has these things called "fubar" that are fixed events during the storyline where the player character can chill out and go out with the various characters (not necessarily females or party members).

During these fixed events you can progress their storyline, there are about 7 fubars, and you need (iirc) about 5-6 to complete a character storyline, so you can't 1) complete them early in the game and forget about it 2) you need to pay attention to these characters constantly during the game.

tl;dr they are more like "fixed" S.Link that progress during the storyline. It's a very basic system and it's just an idea, so don't think about it too much if you disagree.

S. Links are tied to whole suites of Persona (and in some cases, other things as well.)

It's not as trivial as a an optional party member in a BioWare game where you recruit them or you don't.

Sounds like a good excuse for some good Persona DLC pack X)

Sophia

Ops, i missed this

Essentially (my memory is a bit hazy about the details) Growlanser IV has these things called "fubar" that are fixed events during the storyline where the player character can chill out and go out with the various characters (not necessarily females or party members).

During these fixed events you can progress their storyline, there are about 7 fubars, and you need (iirc) about 5-6 to complete a character storyline, so you can't 1) complete them early in the game and forget about the 2) you need to pay attention to these characters constantly during the games.

tl;dr they are more like "fixed" S.Link that progress during the storyline. It's a very basic system and it's just an idea, so don't think about it too much if you disagree.

That almost sounds like it'd work in the context of a Persona 2 style storyline.

Man, I think you're in for a unpleasant surprise. It sounds like you want something more open world-esque?

Not so much that as I'm looking not to be held down SO HEAVILY by scheduling. I feel like an over scheduled 11 year old with helicopter parents every time I try to go back to 3/4. It almost feels like the game wants to play itself and I'm just level grinding and deciding which personas get fused. I'm sure there will be some holdovers from P3/4, but I'd hope that as they did last gen, there would be some innovation in the game play.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still hold that I want a SMT game where you play as the demons instead of summoning them. Mystery Dungeon style but not a rogue like.

cjkeats

"Persona 3's main character returns, this time voiced by Keifer Sutherland!"
"Breaking news, Yuri Lowenthal cries about job on twitter, says he was never offered"

That would also work, but I meant that the text is behind a blank screen and they just show that for the first five minutes. Then the prologue begins.

Play as him for first few days, then surprise switch to earring guy from P1 again.

Meia

On disc DLC locked P3 MC.

Game starts with Elizabeth berating you for not buying it if it sees it's not unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom