• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
He woud wear it like a hat.

Chie_consept.jpg

?

Meia

Never was good at figuring out the time periods for the quarters, so just voting the first one since I think it implies the soonest option.

Never was good at figuring out the time periods for the quarters, so just voting the first one since I think it implies the soonest option.

I believe it's like this

Q1 is January - March
Q2 is April - June
Q3 is July - September
Q4 is October - December

Though some people kinda overlap these once in a while

FluxWaveZ

Q2 = April, May, June. Voting for that option means you think Persona 5 will be announced this month.

Edit: Beaten.

I voted Q3. It's the time frame I thought P5 would be announced in coming into the year and even though I'm less certain of that now, I'll stick with it.

PK Gaming

Just finished the shadow Tatsuya boss fight in Persona 2.

It was a 1000 degrees of pure unadulterated awesome. For those in the dark, Tatsuya is a silent protagonist (much like every SMT protagonist) but his shadow self isn't. Shadow Tatsuya actually taunts you based
on the career counselling choices you made at the beginning of the game.
I was looking forward to this confrontation for a long time, and Atlus actually didn't disappoint me by keeping the shadow silent or whatever. I thought the dialogue exchange between
Apollo and Reverse Apollo, was awesome too in a hammy/cheesy way.

Tatsuya needs more love he's an awesome protagonist.

Squire

Banned
I believe it's like this

Q1 is January - March
Q2 is April - June
Q3 is July - September
Q4 is October - December

Though some people kinda overlap these once in a while

People get thrown off because you only really see references to quarters in financial briefings. Most companies' fiscal year ends on March 31st, so they see April 1st-June 31st as Q1 and convert from there.

I voted Q2. Feeling a little confident like Sophia and some others.

Now that I've gone back to Soul Hackers I can get into the Eternal Punishment groove when I'm done. I loved Innocent Sin's group dynamic and I already like everyone in Eternal Punishment.

"Wipe your own ass..."

Sage advice from Baofu.

Kinda hard to have penis results when more than 3 options are in a poll.

Fun fact, the other forums I visit refer to this phenomenon as the "Penis Poll"

Think of it like Mara.

You know me, fyi.

Soriku

To fulfill my curiosity, could you guys click this link and vote for when you think Persona 5 will be officially announced? I'd like to see what the general opinion is.

Q3 2013. We're already in the last month of Q2 and I'm not expecting an announcement this month. But the July-Sept period seems like enough time to announce it. Any later than that would be...late.

Dantis

Good morning PersonaGAF, why hasn't Persona 5 been announced yet?

Gods, no.

Leave the P3&P4 business to the spin-off games, thank you.

A bit of FE:A was creeping up there, haha

I'd love to see some small cameos, but that's it. No Shadow Workers (Or whatever they're called), no Investigation Team, no SEES.

Sophia

Is that extra scenario really so amazing? The ps1 version is fine.

Well, the extra scenario is amazing. However it's not just that. They've basically fixed every single user interface issue with the PS1 version. It's so incredibly streamlined that you can do 2-3 battles on the PSP version in the time it'd take you to do one on the PS1 version.

It's like the difference between vanilla Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden. Except bigger.

Meia

Well, the extra scenario is amazing. However it's not just that. They've basically fixed every single user interface issue with the PS1 version. It's so incredibly streamlined that you can do 2-3 battles on the PSP version in the time it'd take you to do one on the PS1 version.

It's like the difference between vanilla Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden. Except bigger.

And it's because of this me ever finishing EP is going to be tough. Blah.

Meia

i think you guys are overdoing the interface issue

Best way of doing damage in P2's battle system is with fusion spells. Because you can set hard turn orders in IS PSP outside of battle, all you have to do is go into a battle, set up what each member does for their turn, and just cycle through fusion spells, breaking only when you need to to heal or something. It was an incredibly smart system.

In EP, party member's turn order gets switched around for seemingly no reason. Because of this, not only do you have to set what each party member does, but you have to set up the turns. Every. Single. Turn. Of combat. That slows things down astronomically.

No, it's really not overdoing anything, especially when it lengthens every single random/boss encounter in the game massively. I had 0 problems in IS with the random encounter rate, and never cast Estoma, honestly. Now I probably NEED the spell if I ever want to slog through the game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
"DAKI MY COUSIN LET'S GO BOWLING"

yeah I know your name's not Niko but I don't care I just wanted to say that. So random question, how long did it take your account here to get accepted? Shit took me nearly 5 months.

That's about how long mine took.

In fact, I stopped looking at my ISP's e-mail looking for the confirmation at one point.

I forget why, but I managed to come back, and noticed I had some options and saw my account was approved. It's weird, some people seem to get it a month later and some take months. Obviously someone involved in the industry gets theirs REALLY quickly. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom