• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about how long mine took.

In fact, I stopped looking at my ISP's e-mail looking for the confirmation at one point.

I forget why, but I managed to come back, and noticed I had some options and saw my account was approved. It's weird, some people seem to get it a month later and some take months. Obviously someone involved in the industry gets theirs REALLY quickly. ;p

It seems pretty much inconsistent in how long it takes, some people three months, some longer, hell a friend of mine only recently got his account cleared after almost a year ago.

End of the day, I dunno :S

Var

After I registered with my work email it took like 3 months. My friend has been waiting for around 3 years now.

I registered mine in July 2011, but it didn't get approved until October and I didn't notice until January >_>

I have a good friend who applied for an account around the same time as I did and yet is still in limbo, so I really don't know how the approval process works.

Tamanon

Banned
I registered when we switched to this board, so it took a day or so.I don't even remember there being a wait on the old old old old Gaming Age Forums boards.

Squire

Banned
I registered when we switched to this board, so it took a day or so.I don't even remember there being a wait on the old old old old Gaming Age Forums boards.

Yeah, I was just thinking all the old guard members probably didn't really have to wait at all.

Best way of doing damage in P2's battle system is with fusion spells. Because you can set hard turn orders in IS PSP outside of battle, all you have to do is go into a battle, set up what each member does for their turn, and just cycle through fusion spells, breaking only when you need to to heal or something. It was an incredibly smart system.

In EP, party member's turn order gets switched around for seemingly no reason. Because of this, not only do you have to set what each party member does, but you have to set up the turns. Every. Single. Turn. Of combat. That slows things down astronomically.

No, it's really not overdoing anything, especially when it lengthens every single random/boss encounter in the game massively. I had 0 problems in IS with the random encounter rate, and never cast Estoma, honestly. Now I probably NEED the spell if I ever want to slog through the game.

I don't ever recall having issues with this...hell, I beat Innocent Sin PS1 and that didn't even have the auto fusion spell set up EP has, you had to go look at the fusion spell list and set the spells an the order correctly your self, nor did it have animation skip

Dantis

Took something like four months for me to get confirmed, and I only remembered I had the account because of Arena. ;)

Came here to find out if the region lock was true. Realised that there were in fact other people in the world who loved Soejima and Meguro and decided to stick around for a while. Progressively got to know various users through my various confrontations and somehow made friends and here we are!

The short version is yes. :p

Famitsu has to leak first, my boy.

My account took two weeks to get approved.

I was asking rhetorically, but the wait for Famitsu is genuinely frustrating.

The disappointment will be significantly worse.

Came here to find out if the region lock was true. Realised that there were in fact other people in the world who loved Soejima and Meguro and decided to stick around for a while. Progressively got to know various users through my various confrontations and somehow made friends and here we are!

The short version is yes. :p

I was asking rhetorically, but the wait for Famitsu is genuinely frustrating.

The disappointment will be significantly worse.

whats a meguro some sort of japanese mecha robot

Levito

Banned
Persona 5 is coming out this fall, Microsoft bought out Atlus. The franchise will now see yearly iterations, exclusive to Xbox One.

cjkeats

and holo Mel Tormé

Psst. I put transparency on your avatar for you if you want to join the cool kids club.
ZAx9OFL.png

Levito

Banned
Welcome to PersonaGAF, Var!

As a 360 fan, I would rather get a Wii U than an Xbone at this current time if nothing changes.

I'm sure it'll have some awesome exclusives, but the 24 check, used game policy, and mandatory Kincet will forever put me off the thing.

Var

As much as I don't have an interest in the Wii U or Xbone, I would pick one up if Persona 5 went exclusive. I would hate myself in the morning, though.

Back on the hologram subject, we live in a world where concerts have had performances by hologram Tupac and some hologram vocaloids (I've only seen footage of Miku and Luka, which coincidentally happen to be the only two I know names of, but I wouldn't be surprised of the others got holograms as well because japan), so it's not like a hologram Risette isn't impossible. That said, not sure if want.

Controversial opinion time? Controversial opinion time. I prefer Luka's voice to Miku's from what I've heard, and some people consider that sacrilege but too bad.

Necrovex

I was fumbling about online, and for some reason, I started to wonder how amazing a Persona 4 iPhone 5 case would be for my phone. Now I really want that case.

Dantis

What's a Wii U?

My shame.

I was fumbling about online, and for some reason, I started to wonder how amazing a Persona 4 iPhone 5 case would be for my phone. Now I really want that case.

Wait, do they actually exist?

Well you're in luck, as there are a ton of offical ones! Even though they kind suck. Swing over to Amiami and search "Persona 4 iPhone".

They released a few skins too with matching wallpapers for iPhone/iPad as well.

IwM932l.jpg

Ah. I wouldn't use any of those.

cjkeats

Well you're in luck, as there are a ton of offical ones! Even though they kind suck. Swing over to Amiami and search "Persona 4 iPhone".

They released a few skins too with matching wallpapers for iPhone/iPad as well.

IwM932l.jpg

Necrovex

Oh wow, thanks CJ. I like some of the designs there. I might pick up one of those cases in the near-future. Now, I need to decide which case though, either Yu, the Vita cover, or Rise. Decisions, decisions.

Levito

Banned
Yeah, saw in a tweet earlier that Sony shot down rumors of Last Guardian at E3, just cancel the project already, it's gone.

It'd be pretty silly of Bungie to release Destiny on current gen consoles but not PC, after all persistent online worlds have only ever thrived on PC. If it's a later port that's fine, even their model for doing sequels sounds exactly like how MMO's release expansion packs.

EDIT:

Haha "LEAKED" Sony press conference is such bullshit:

42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom