• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lolgaetgo81qaz2d4o1_500.jpg

Especially since I just checked and there are like no good $5 Steam games I don't already have. Satisfsction shall be my reward!

If you think about it, Persona 5 will be your reward!

Squire

Banned
Tell me about it, and I have a $150 arcade stick on the way too for Monday, so I'm double hyped up.

Yeah, I think you and I in particular are borderline losing our minds.

I don't think this will be a bust. I think the mods like to tease, but not outright troll. Even if it isn't at E3, it's a PS4 game. With Sony's current attitude towards smaller games, I can totally see then putting it on a stage.

Lunar15

I don't think this will be a bust. I think the mods like to tease, but not outright troll. Even if it isn't at E3, it's a PS4 game. With Sony's current attitude towards smaller games, I can totally see then putting it on a stage.

Although, the more I think about it: seeing them spend time talking about a ~relatively~ obscure JRPG on a stage at an American press conference would seem really weird to me.

PS4: Believable
@E3: I strongly doubt it

Squire

Banned
Although, the more I think about it: seeing them spend time talking about a ~relatively~ obscure JRPG on a stage at an American press conference would seem really weird to me.

PS4: Believable
@E3: I strongly doubt it

But that's the thing though. Sony is acting relatively weird. You don't put Jonathan Blow on a stage. You don't solicit requests for un-localized, third-party JRPGs.

You will see indie games on stage at E3. I guarantee you will because they comprise half the PS4's library right now and Sony set that precedent when they brought out Blow for the unveiling.

So why can they not show Persona? Comparable sales (if not better). Diehard, super core fandom. These are the guys that get a system day one inside year one for one game.

And I'm saying a trailer. Probably a teaser trailer. If they can show a montage of indie games, I don't see why they can't show this.

Lunar15

But that's the thing though. Sony is acting relatively weird. You don't put Jonathan Blow on a stage. You don't solicit requests for un-localized, third-party JRPGs.

You will see indie games on stage at E3. I guarantee you will because they comprise half the PS4's library right now and Sony set that precedent when they brought out Blow for the unveiling.

So why can they not show Persona? Comparable sales (if not better). Diehard, super core fandom. These are the guys that get a system day one inside year one for one game.

And I'm saying a trailer. Probably a teaser trailer. If they can show a montage of indie games, I don't see why they can't show this.

I just... no. That'd be too good of an idea. These companies can't make that many successive good ideas in a row...

I refuse to believe!

Omikaru

P5 game on stage at E3 would be a big win for Index/Atlus. I could see them doing things differently if Sony offered them stage time.

There is the counterbalance of this being an American conference, but if Sony are showing lots of games, there's time for variety and games for all, so there could be room. I wouldn't discount it off the bat, since we've had far more ridiculous stuff at E3 which didn't gel with the audience before (anything Kinect, Wonderbook, and so on...).

Sophia

It is entirely possible we'll have a Atlus Faithful teaser or a Famitsu teaser too. It doesn't need to be part of Sony's E3 conference to be at E3.

Marche90

Just two more days to go. I'm hyped beyond belief now.

And good luck to you, guys (Scrafty, Dantis, Omi), I really want you to win the bet, since I want to know details about P5.

And even if you don't win, I'll be able to laugh at your expenses for some days at least :p

Omikaru

I'm seriously considering offering Levito a $10 Steam game to escape having my avatar changed, if it comes to that.

But something tells me he won't bite. If I lose, I'm getting something awful...

Squire

Banned
It is entirely possible we'll have a Atlus Faithful teaser or a Famitsu teaser too. It doesn't need to be part of Sony's E3 conference to be at E3.

Absolutely. If it's on PS4, I can't see them not putting it in a montage. Like I said, there'll definitely be one and it will include indie games.

But yeah, you know how it goes. Clock strikes midnight and the AF teaser hits.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I don't think they are outright trolling, but teasing just a tad too much, because they know how much people want the game and are running with it.

Markun

Oh man, you guys are getting me excited now and I'm not one to get excited for these kinds of events. I'm going to blame YHVH if nothing happens at E3.

Levito

Banned
P5 a PS4 exclusive? That would be great, wont happen though.

Wont get announced this year. Time to move on folks, Persona is dead. Forever. Never coming back.

Dantis

Just gonna add to this rumour and speculation:

Some guy the other day on Twitter (A self proclaimed insider) said that he didn't think Persona 5 was getting announced that day, but he knows that there'll be blood when it finally is.

You know what would cause that response? Wii U or PS4 exclusivity.

Some guy the other day on Twitter (A self proclaimed insider) said that he didn't think Persona 5 was getting announced that day, but he knows that there'll be blood when it finally is.

Does this "insider" have any credibility?

Levito

Banned

Xbox One wouldn't?

Marche90

^Not that many people like MS in Japan... But if it were indeed for the Xbone, many tears would be shed, incluiding mine.

I would laugh if it were for Wii U. Just for the lulz. I don't mind getting one, but other guys here on the other hand...

Taruranto

Lacking is putting it nicely. The gameplay is horrible.

You play that game for the story and atmosphere. Hell, you might be better off watching it.
I own a copy, because I figured it would become a commodity at some point. Not entirely sure why mind you.

RoR slow sas gameplay is part of the charm.

Also, are you telling me you enjoyed Drakengard gameplay but not RoR?

Boogdud

I don't think P5 would be a PS4 announcement. I mean, this is atlus, famous for releasing flagship titles on obsolete platforms. I love them to death, but look at the history.

It'll be PS3 if anything, maybe vita, wouldn't that be a kick.

Dantis

After Daylight, I don't think they're going to support the platform at all. Why bother?

Entirely possible.

PS4 exclusive in Japan, Xbone exclusive elsewhere.

This is even sillier than Xbone exclusive.

I don't think P5 would be a PS4 announcement. I mean, this is atlus, famous for releasing flagship titles on obsolete platforms. I love them to death, but look at the history.

Like Catherine and Arena, right? Dohohohoho.

Squire

Banned

I'm normally the first to say history repeats itself, but you can totally break certain habits. Atlus put out Catherine and P4A on current hardware. Ditto P4G on Vita.

It's been a loooooong time since P3. I'm not sure that thinking holds weight anymore.

honestly, no matter where Persona 5 goes, there will be blood and people will be disappointing. No matter what Persona 5 is, does, is released on, etc.

Dantis

I'm normally the first to say history repeats itself, but you can totally break certain habits. Atlus put out Catherine and P4A on current hardware. Ditto P4G on Vita.

It's been a loooooong time since P3. I'm not sure that thinking holds weight anymore.

Simply put, P3 and P4 were too low budget to be 360/PS3 titles. Raidou was even lower budget than that, by the looks of things.

The Atlus of 2013/14 is not the same niche company that was Atlus in 2006.

I said that because you said Wii U or PS4 exclusivity would cause people to be upset. I was adding, that the Xbox One would do the same. ;D

Sure, but Xbox One is like, the least likely console there is. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
Simply put, P3 and P4 were too low budget to be 360/PS3 titles. Raidou was even lower budget than that, by the looks of things.

Yes, the Atlus of 2006 was a company. The Atlus of 2013-14 is a brand for Index.

Squire

Banned

Yep. They're a bonafide mid-tier publisher now. One of the few.

honestly, no matter where Persona 5 goes, there will be blood and people will be disappointing. No matter what Persona 5 is, does, is released on, etc.

Well, certain individuals probably don't wanna have to shell out ~$400 to play P5 and of course certain individuals will be super salty when P5 is inevitably close to P3/4 in tone.

So yes!

Squire

Banned

Well, I think that's pretty clearly the new branding for the studio. For SMT you can say it's by Team Maniax. Persona doesn't have that, which I imagine was a little annoying during Catherine promotion because you have to keep saying "the Persona team/the makers of Persona".

Obviously the team has earned a studio title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom