• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

So Remember Me is about a million times better than I expected. Bloody gorgeous too.

Definitely this year's sleeper hit.

Marche90

What's wrong with everyone hating putting pineapple on pizza?

The combination of sweet and salty flavors is what makes this type of pizza my favorite

:T

Moonlight

Banned
hJBVsnq.jpg

Look at all that best girl.
Mankind will look upon this centuries from now, and know this as our era's Mona Lisa.

So Remember Me is about a million times better than I expected. Bloody gorgeous too.

Games with mixed receptions always turn out to be excellent for me.
I'm definitely trying that one out.

It'll be interesting to see how the navigator is handled in P5.

I personally would want no navigator. It would be awesome if they did a walkable, bikeable world map like the one in Shin Megami Tensei 3. Just a little more defined.
Of course they should put the option of fast travel for those who want to use it. In that case I feel that Persona 4 system is perfect, press Square and there you go!

EDIT: Ah, damn. You meant the party navigator... I misunderstood, my favorite hobby :p

PK Gaming

I was REALLY excited for it, but was iffy on buying it because of the reviews. Should I make the plunge and buy it now, or wait until its cheap.

Astra

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately it's low on my list, so I'll wait until it's cheaper. Too many games in the coming months!

Sadly, all of my rental shops closed up.

Same here. :(
The last one here was Microplay, and it closed up earlier this year. There are still some video rental places around that may rent games as well, but I never bothered to look.

Dantis

I was REALLY excited for it, but was iffy on buying it because of the reviews. Should I make the plunge and buy it now, or wait until its cheap.

It's great, but let's be honest, Last of Us will be better. Spend your moolah on that instead.

I'm willing to bet Remember Me has the better soundtrack though, so that's something!

Also, JohnLacke, why do you have a RWBY avatar.

Squire

Banned
It's great, but let's be honest, Last of Us will be better. Spend your moolah on that instead.

I'm willing to bet Remember Me has the better soundtrack though, so that's something!

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.

To your second point: I keep hearing RM's music is amazing. I really like what I've heard of TLOU's score though. Should be stiff competition,

Dantis

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.

To your second point: I keep hearing RM's music is amazing. I really like what I've heard of TLOU's score though. Should be stiff competition,

The Last of Us just sounds like reasonably boring acoustic stuff to me. None of it stands out at all (Particularly disappointing considering Uncharted's OSTs). Remember Me is heavily distorted orchestral combined with electronic elements. Incredibly unique.

Squire

Banned
The Last of Us just sounds like reasonably boring acoustic stuff to me. None of it stands out at all (Particularly disappointing considering Uncharted's OSTs). Remember Me is heavily distorted orchestral combined with electronic elements.

Eh, you should watch the video they put out with the composer. There's more than that going on. No spoilers are in it.

Dantis

Eh, you should watch the video they put out with the composer. There's more than that going on. No spoilers are in it.

I've seen it. It was a cool video, but the music did absolutely nothing. Like I say, it seemed like boring acoustic stuff to me (Not to say all acoustic music is boring, but The Last of Us is this really sullen, ambient stuff). It doesn't stand out at all in my opinion, particularly next to Remember Me.

What the fuck are you smoking.

What does this even mean.

kewlmyc

I've seen it. It was a cool video, but the music did absolutely nothing. Like I say, it seemed like boring acoustic stuff to me (Not to say all acoustic music is boring, but The Last of Us is this really sullen, ambient stuff). It doesn't stand out at all in my opinion, particularly next to Remember Me.

What does this even mean.

He's saying you must be high in order to have an opinion like that.

Dantis

Goddamn, Dantis.... The Main Theme to TLOU is awesome. D:

I really like TLoU's music. The acoustic piece that accompanied last December's VGA trailer was beautiful.

The main theme is fine. The music fits its purpose wonderfully. It is not music that I enjoy in any capacity though. It is just 'there'.

When I got into a fight in Remember Me, and the battle theme kicked in, I took notice, because it was immediately catchy and interesting. I think The Last of Us will be my favourite game this year, and I am still absolutely convinced that I will pay no attention to the music.

I just don't find it interesting.

I'm surprised he likes RM OST since it's not done by Meguro.

Wait, what? Is it not?

Shit, I'm out.

I saw that one trailer, and liked the style so I made an avatar out of her. I know next to nothing about it, haha. Is it something terrible?

Well it's animated well. But man.

That script.

Also the hyper-girly character designs clash heavily with the violence. I dislike Monty Oum's work a lot in general though, haha.

EDIT: I meant to put the first line as "Well I actually just brought it up to check that it was actually RWBY. The artist who draws the characters is also genuinely really good", but I forgot and went straight into the negative stuff.

Don't beat me.

Astra

Well it's animated well. But man.

That script.

Also the hyper-girly character designs clash heavily with the violence. I dislike Monty Oum's work a lot in general though, haha.

EDIT: I meant to put the first line as "Well I actually just brought it up to check that it was actually RWBY. The artist who draws the characters is also genuinely really good", but I forgot and went straight into the negative stuff.

Don't beat me.

Oh God, the voice acting is atrocious!

I didn't like that trailer like the first one. Why did she have to speak at the end?!

I liked the "White" trailer, though.

But yeah, I still like the style, so I'll pretend I never heard what she sounded like.

Don't worry about the negativity. I know you by now. ;)

But that's the thing though. Sony is acting relatively weird. You don't put Jonathan Blow on a stage. You don't solicit requests for un-localized, third-party JRPGs.

You will see indie games on stage at E3. I guarantee you will because they comprise half the PS4's library right now and Sony set that precedent when they brought out Blow for the unveiling.

So why can they not show Persona? Comparable sales (if not better). Diehard, super core fandom. These are the guys that get a system day one inside year one for one game.

And I'm saying a trailer. Probably a teaser trailer. If they can show a montage of indie games, I don't see why they can't show this.

If IF....if it is at E3, it'll be a booth or in a montage. This is keeping with the theme of "Sony continues to resist the temptation to stick their heads up their asses about various things so as keep momentum and good vibes", of course...

It'll be interesting to see how the navigator is handled in P5.

Used less often, with a heavy emphasis on not repeating lines.

"You hit it's weak point! Good work, Chie-chan!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

I saw that one trailer, and liked the style so I made an avatar out of her. I know next to nothing about it, haha. Is it something terrible?

It does look cool.

Taruranto

I remember watching some Remember Me video, there was an orange arrow that told the player where to jump every time. It made me sad so i closed the video and forgot about it.

I remember watching some Remember Me video, there was an orange arrow that told the player where to jump every time. It made me sad so i closed the video and forgot about it.

Yeah, the cutscenes and art was fine, but I have deep moral and ethical hatred of autogaming like that. Either make it a cutscene so I can rest my brain or let me exercize my brain thru gameplay one.

Jintor

I bought Dust an Elysian Tale for $14 and it's sooooooo gooooooooooooooooood
apart from like all the non-background art

Marche90

I'm saving to buy SMTIV next month. It's kinda sad that I need to save for a single game, but oh well, this is life for a poor full-time student, I guess...

Animal crossing in 2 hours, SMT IV next month, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d at sometime in between. Its a good time for my 3ds. Oh and Last of Us when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom