• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

They say this over in AnimeGAF, don't they? Haha, how ironic! XD

They say it everywhere on GAF. Remember the GTTV thread the other day?
I've never really seen animeGAF talk about Persona or PeronsaGAF, the anime aired before I started posting here and I don't think PersonaGAF even existed then anyways.

Moral of the story is that all of GAF is coo coo for coco puffs.

New page have a Trish
5qLiLmJ.jpg

Lunar15

The real problem is that of all the games I've ever wanted to go total blackout on, it would be P5.

But how in the world am I going to keep a blackout going for P5?

Squire

Banned
The real problem is that of all the games I've ever wanted to go total blackout on, it would be P5.

But how in the world am I going to keep a blackout going for P5?

How do they promote these games when they're brand new? I can't imagine they spoil much if the story, right?

cjkeats

I'll trust no one, hate everyone, and pray for a simultaneous worldwide release.
Atlus has been good lately, I'm hoping the time difference won't bee too long either.

I am perfectly sane, thank you very much.
You're the worst one here, you're just quieter than others.
Nah, there'll be an import OT.

Which we're all going to read, anyway :'(

Much like the Eva 3.0 OT and spoiler thread, they will leak nto each other.

No where is safe. Run to the hills.

Squire

Banned
I bet it's out over here really quickly.

If they're doing it for SMTIV they may as well keep the precedent going with their big seller.

Dantis

They say it everywhere on GAF. Remember the GTTV thread the other day?
I've never really seen animeGAF talk about Persona or PeronsaGAF, the anime aired before I started posting here and I don't think PersonaGAF even existed then anyways.

Moral of the story is that all of GAF is coo coo for coco puffs.

New page have a Trish

I get called out for it reasonably often when I post outside of here.

I find it weird that people even know who we are.

Nowhere will be safe those days.

I want those days to come already :(

Me too, buddy.

man when p5 isn't shown at e3 the tears are gonna be spectacular. worse than any of your "famitsu is... advertising their next issue?!?! surely it must be about persona 5!!!" meltdowns.

cjkeats

I get called out for it reasonably often when I post outside of here.

I find it weird that people even know who we are.

To be fair, you were awfully loud over the Arean fiasco. You've calmed it down a lot though, and honestly I posting here after you posted somewhere explaining to me that you had the meltdown over the region lock and admitted you went a little overboard because of it.

Almost every community on GAF is infamous for something so it's not surprising to be know, especially when we come out of the woodwork over every Persona thread over in gaming.

because people in this thread have been expecting it to be announced every week of 2013.

also some folks vastly overestimate the prominence of the persona series.

The way I feel things, E3 is only slightly more likely than GTTV but still a huge huge huge HUGE stretch

aka probably never.

Famitsu would make more sense but I don't think we'll get an announcement for it anytime soon there either.

The way I feel things, E3 is only slightly more likely than GTTV but still a huge huge huge HUGE stretch

aka probably never.

Famitsu would make more sense but I don't think we'll get an announcement for it anytime soon there either.

i think the best folks here can hope for is an atlus usa employee saying "Yeah they've said they're working on it"

Soriku

I'm normally the first to say history repeats itself, but you can totally break certain habits. Atlus put out Catherine and P4A on current hardware. Ditto P4G on Vita.

It's been a loooooong time since P3. I'm not sure that thinking holds weight anymore.

Well Atlus supported PS2, DS, PSP etc. when those were still relevant too. They just normally stick to older systems longer than others. Catherine and P4A on current gen consoles isn't out of the norm for them. P5 on PS4 would be. Granted Nocturne came out in 2003 on PS2.

Soriku

If P5 ends up on the PS4 I guess they'd want to get a head start in development like they have for PS2, though they'd be ignoring the people who own PS3s already who are ready for a Persona game, and it's easily the safest choice. But it'd mean they don't have to wait a couple years to get something out for next gen like this one.

Theoretically they could reuse assets for games other than Persona on the PS4, but when SMT4 is on the 3DS you have to wonder what. I guess Catherine 2 is a lock since Catherine sold well and Index said they wanted to grow the brand, but what else? Another new IP (possibly still part of Megaten)? IDK.

They might have gotten an incentive from Sony to do it instead of sticking to current gen but tbh Sony doesn't really care for JRPGs outside of FF so it'd be weird/new for them, although Sony does help with Persona's media aspect.

Pineapple pizza is a sacrilege, and for everyone you eat one Persona 5 announcement will be delayed 1 week!

EDIT: Just joking ;) We were arguing this on twitter, don't worry too much about it.
Back to my last Persona 4 dungeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom