• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get out.

Get out and never return! :O

I don't plan on getting The Last of Us for a little while either because I spent more money than I should have lately (mainly because Gundam Extreme Vs hnnnnnnnnnng). I plan on getting it in a few months when my money situation is better.

but I don't want t leave, this is one of the few gaf-groups I care about :(

tumblr_lybdv8dEkT1r6c9l9o1_400.jpg

Someone should go about finding a larger one of this pic

Astra

I don't plan on getting The Last of Us for a little while either because I spent more money than I should have lately (mainly because Gundam Extreme Vs hnnnnnnnnnng). I plan on getting it in a few months when my money situation is better.

but I don't want t leave, this is one of the few gaf-groups I care about :(

I'm in the same boat as you, and I am still going back and forth on getting TLoU right away or not. With so many games coming out, waiting until it's even $40 will be a big help.

Right now, TLoU and Tales of Xillia are top on my list. I'll definitely wait for a sale on Xillia if there ever is one. SMTIV will have to wait, since there is no way I am paying $50 for a handheld game. Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown I'll have no issue with waiting for. Already played Muramasa.

Probably some other games I am forgetting. My wallet isn't pleased.

I'm in the same boat as you, and I am still going back and forth on getting TLoU right away or not. With so many games coming out, waiting until it's even $40 will be a big help.

Right now, TLoU and Tales of Xillia are top on my list. I'll definitely wait for a sale on Xillia if there ever is one. SMTIV will have to wait, since there is no way I am paying $50 for a handheld game. Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown I'll have no issue with waiting for. Already played Muramasa.

Probably some other games I am forgetting. My wallet isn't pleased.

What system are you getting Dragon's Crown for? Please say Vita...

Squire

Banned
It's pretty fun.

I wanna check it out, but I feel like it's sooooo close to TLOU I don't want to risk becoming burnt out on the post-apocolypse angle.

From here on out is crazy for game releases. Other than July, I can think of something I want like every month.

August: Saint's Row IV
September: GTA V
October: Beyond: Two Souls
November: FFX/X-2 HD (prsumably)

And this is before E3 which could very likely push me to go day one on PS4.

I didn't think I'd go day one Vita, but I did!

cj_iwakura

Is that even getting localized?

Anyway-

June: Project X Zone
July: SMT IV
August: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva

Also Dragon's Crown without a doubt.

Trigger

I wanna check it out, but I feel like it's sooooo close to TLOU I don't want to risk becoming burnt out on the post-apocolypse angle.

From here on out is crazy for game releases. Other than July, I can think of something I want like every month.

SoD will probably be on sale in the near future. It probably would have been smart to wait. This fall is packed crazy.

Markun

June: Project x Zone
July: SMT 4
August: Dragon's Crown, Xillia, Killer is Dead, Jojo All-Star Battle

And then after August kills my wallet, September comes and desecrates its corpse with Puppeteer, Kingdom Hearts HD, and Rayman Legends. I'd better start saving my pennies while my wallet is still alive.

June: Project x Zone
July: SMT 4
August: Dragon's Crown, Xillia, Killer is Dead, Jojo All-Star Battle

And then after August kills my wallet, September comes and desecrates its corpse with Puppeteer, Kingdom Hearts HD, and Rayman Legends. I'd better start saving my pennies while my wallet is still alive.

crap i forgot that comes out in august

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I think for me besides TLOU it's..

July SMTIV
August SRIV
Sept : Killzone Mercenary/Y's Celesta
(PS4 Maybe somehwere in there)
December : GT6

Just because the last couple of posts are doesn't erase the myriad posts above about other games and other things.

Drop another P5 hint and you'll be able to squeeze another 2-3 pages of discussion out of us.

Please, O mighty Prophet Queen. My avatar is riding on this :'(

Aeana

Naw this is a thread of random posts and occasionally Persona and sometimes other Megatens.

Downloading AC New Leaf, its time.

Well, let me rephrase. This thread is about Persona. I'd really appreciate it if you guys would engage the rest of the forum in relevant threads if you're talking about other things. We don't really want insular general chatroom threads.

Venfayth

I don't mind posting specifically about Persona, but we have a community of people here who do enjoy Persona and there is not always a lot of news to share, and not always people playing Persona to share their experiences; I don't really think we become insular by sharing our experiences in other games with fellow Persona fans, especially if when there IS Persona related news, that's what ends up being discussed.

Edit: That reads kind of clunky. What I mean is that I don't think this is the only place we talk about other games, although we DO talk about other games.

Aeana

I don't mind posting specifically about Persona, but we have a community of people here who do enjoy Persona and there is not always a lot of news to share, and not always people playing Persona to share their experiences; I don't really think we become insular by sharing our experiences in other games with fellow Persona fans, especially if when there IS Persona related news, that's what ends up being discussed.

I think there's kind of a misunderstanding about what the idea behind a community thread is. They're supposed to be places where you can always chat with others about the subject in question, not where you can find people who unite around a common interest but chat about miscellaneous things. That type of thing is actually why we don't mind advertising an IRC channel in community threads, so that type of general discussion can occur there. If you go to a community thread to talk about something unrelated, then that most likely means you're not posting in the rest of the forum about that thing, or at least favoring one thread over the many, many others, which indeed results in insular communities. We have people who only ever come to the forum to post in a single thread and that's it, uninterested in being a part of the GAF community at large, and that's kind of crappy.

Sophia

I don't really like it when this thread turns non-persona myself. You guys have a bad habbit of getting very off topic and sometimes downright creepy. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom