• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

tumblr_lybdv8dEkT1r6c9l9o1_400.jpg

Someone should go about finding a larger one of this pic

Really slick image, buddha.

Anyway, eventually I will have the choice between using this guy or this gal in my party, and I can't choose. They're equally viable ;_;

Really slick image, buddha.

Anyway, eventually I will have the choice between using this guy or this gal in my party, and I can't choose. They're equally viable ;_;

They're both mad slick looking in their style, definitely a hard choice.

Man, seeing all the artwork makes me really know more and more how much I love the style of Persona 2.

FluxWaveZ

I don't really like it when this thread turns non-persona myself. You guys have a bad habbit of getting very off topic and sometimes downright creepy. :\

I tend to post relatively infrequently because things tend to often stray from the topic of Persona, but even I was lead to make ~3 posts about reviews and The Last of Us some pages back.

Levito

Banned
We generally talk about Persona first and foremost, I mean, Persona 5 and it's eventual release date are practically daily discussion.

I don't really like it when this thread turns non-persona myself. You guys have a bad habbit of getting very off topic and sometimes downright creepy. :\

Such as?

You take part in the non-Persona stuff too!

Sophia

I'm gonna have to give my vote to Kei Nanjo, dude is baller status.

Good choice. I think I like Kei better than Eriko simply because his route goes more into Persona mythos.

Such as?

You take part in the non-Persona stuff too!

I take part, but I try to keep the conversation Persona related as much as possible, y'know? Although, there's nothing wrong with a little bit off topic.

But it gets a little bit disturbing like when you went a bit crazy with the avatar-betting posts a little bit back, or Scrafty's downright begging and calling Aeana a "Prophet Queen."

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Good choice. I think I like Kei better than Eriko simply because his route goes more into Persona mythos.

I take part, but I try to keep the conversation Persona related as much as possible, y'know? Although, there's nothing wrong with a little bit off topic.

But it gets a little bit disturbing like when you went a bit crazy with the avatar-betting posts a little bit back, or Scrafty's downright begging and calling Aeana a "Prophet Queen."

I'm pretty sure Scrafty was just joking around.

Squire

Banned

Ohhhhh.

Yeah, that's a little creepsville, bros. Obviously I just reacted to Scrafty, but I was also a little taken aback by the avatar bet stuff.

Anime-waifu parties?

this is a joke

Of course, but I see what's she's saying. There's a certain line of posting that bothers me, but I don't wanna put anyone on blast.

Ohhhhh.

Yeah, that's a little creepsville, bros. Obviously I just reacted to Scrafty, but I was also a little taken aback by the avatar bet stuff.

Of course, but I see what's she's saying. There's a certain line of posting that bothers me, but I don't wanna put anyone on blast.

I get what you're saying, but you know..Them cross audiences.

Sophia

Fair enough, those posts for just for laughs. I can't speak for everyone, but you can probably just ask someone to take something down if it's upsetting.

Though as a whole, the icon bet things seems pretty harmless in my opinion. I mean you just took part an once yourself, right?

Yeah. It's not the avatar betting that bothered me. I'm in full support of that because it's hilariously awesome. :p

It was just the images that followed.

I have a good feeling Dantis, Omi, and Scrafty are gonna win anyhow :D

Levito

Banned
The Persona series is a spin-off series in the Megami Tensei family of games which began with the release of Megami Ibunroku Persona in 1996. There are currently six main titles in the Persona series. All the games take place in the same universe and share certain common elements.
The series is inspired by Jungian Psychology, from which it takes the name. Some of the themes and characters (like Philemon) are based on this.

I have a good feeling Dantis, Omi, and Scrafty are gonna win anyhow :D

False hype should be bannable.

Squire

Banned
The Persona series is a spin-off series in the Megami Tensei family of games which began with the release of Megami Ibunroku Persona in 1996. There are currently six main titles in the Persona series. All the games take place in the same universe and share certain common elements.
The series is inspired by Jungian Psychology, from which it takes the name. Some of the themes and characters (like Philemon) are based on this.

sounds good tell me more

Levito

Banned
Persona 2 (ペルソナ2 Perusona Tsū?) is a duology of Japanese role-playing video games for the Sony PlayStation, developed by Atlus. Innocent Sin (罪 Tsumi?) and Eternal Punishment (罰 Batsu?) are two chapters of the same storyline. The dilogy is a direct sequel to the first installment of the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series, Revelations: Persona, with several characters from that title playing various roles, both minor and major, in both games.
Set in the fictional metropolis of Sumaru City, Innocent Sin follows a high school student named Tatsuya Suou. Eternal Punishment, which takes place afterwards, switches focus onto Maya Amano, a young magazine editor. Both characters have near-death experiences which transport them to the realm of Philemon, an astral being who exists outside of the waking world. Philemon grants them the ability to summon a Persona, an alter-ego which manifests as a mythological figure.
Unlike other Atlus' older games, which are traditionally restricted to a first-person viewpoint, Persona 2 is seen from a third-person perspective.[5][6] Several game elements, particularly the characters Philemon and Nyarlathotep, are drawn directly from the writings by Carl Jung and H. P. Lovecraft.[7]
Although the PlayStation version of Innocent Sin never received an official localization (but received a fan-translated English patch on October 15, 2008) in North America, a localized PSP version was officially released on September 20, 2011.[1]
Ironically, the PSP version of Eternal Punishment was unable to be localized due to "unusual circumstances",[8] with Atlus USA instead re-releasing the Playstation version on PSN.[9][10]
This makes Persona 2 the only Persona game to never have both parts officially localized on the same platform (as Innocent Sin was not localized for Playstation while Eternal Punishment was not localized for PSP).

In addition there is a Persona 3 and 4 but they are for silly weaboo datesim jerks.

It's not false hype. Just delusional hype! :)

baMn1U2.gif

PK Gaming

"Old Maid" is a spell from Persona 2, which temporarily turns one of your teammates against you(by using said character as a medium for the boss to attack you). You have no idea which character was cursed with this ailment, and they attack the entire party. Fortunately, you can command all characters to "guard" to avoid heavy damage.

In other words, its a freaking cool spell from
an awesome boss, Tatsuya Sudou.

Young Magus

"Old Maid" is a spell from Persona 2, which temporarily turns one of your teammates against you(by using said character as a medium for the boss to attack you). You have no idea which character was cursed with this ailment, and they attack the entire party. Fortunately, you can command all characters to "guard" to avoid heavy damage.

I hated that move :(, the horror....the horror

Question: how long is
Yomotsu Hirasaka
in Persona 4 Ps2?

How long does it take to beat on average?
Is it very difficult? Grindy? What level do you suggest me to be to beat the boss?

Dantis

Question: how long is
Yomotsu Hirasaka
in Persona 4 Ps2?

How long does it take to beat on average?
Is it very difficult? Grindy? What level do you suggest me to be to beat the boss?

I think 75 - 80 is the recommended level.

And it takes however long it takes to get to that level. ;)

It's probably the best dungeon on the game though. Looks really nice and the music is perfect.

I think 75 - 80 is the recommended level.

And it takes however long it takes to get to that level. ;)

It's probably the best dungeon on the game though. Looks really nice and the music is perfect.

Excellent, I'm almost there. Spending all that time catching those 6 Guardians paid off in the end :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
PersonaGAF, a local retailer has Revelations Persona on sale for $25. Should I go for it?

Wow, that's really come down. I saw it at a show a few years ago and they wanted like 80 bucks for it.

Like Dantis said, if you are getting it for collection purposes, grab it. But the PSP version plays better and has the optional quest.

Kazzy

Is the first Persona worth playing at all? Gameplay is probably boring and tedious but how does the story compare to 2,3 and 4?

I don't think that it's good enough to make the gameplay tolerable. Clearly, it's your own choice, but there is nothing wrong with not being able to overlook just how antiquated it all is.

cj_iwakura

P1 on its own has its charms(and some good characters), but it's mostly worth playing to get an even better build for P2(like with Suikoden 1 & 2 for the superior 3).

It also is a very unique experience, especially on the PS1, but the localization... issues.

Also, Eriko: best route. More fun contacts, better story. Nanjo's has its moments though, also more P1 connections and Eikichi.

Tamanon

Banned

I seem to remember being able to spot who was hit with the Old Maid spell pretty consistently by looking at the commands each character would do, and whoever was set to just regular Attack was the Maid.

Sophia

The best thing about contacts is how easily you can end a fight if you know the demons' personalities. Who needs Estoma?

I like contacts. I just don't like the tarot card system because it means you have to do a hell of a lot more contacting just to get a Persona. Where as in mainline SMT if you do contacts right you simply get the demon pronto.

Marche90

^You are one of the contrarian kings of the community, so no surprises there.

And what Sophia said. Or at the very least that contacts were to allow you to get the Persona inmediatly, and then fuse away in the Velvet Room.

Young Magus

The best thing about contacts is how easily you can end a fight if you know the demons' personalities. Who needs Estoma?
While true, the problem comes with how it ties into fusions and demon collection. That and even if you know the their personalities, you can piss them off in a stupid decision which isn't helped with the system in IS.

I like contacts. I just don't like the tarot card system because it means you have to do a hell of a lot more contacting just to get a Persona. Where as in mainline SMT if you do contacts right you simply get the demon pronto.
THIS! Not much of a big fan of the tarot card system in p2, as it requires a loads and loads of conversation that (while still entertaining) makes the feature tedious after a while. This becomes a problem in EP as there is more fusing required and encouraged then IS. Hell in p1, after 1 convo, you get the card right then and there IIRC, liked that a lot better and wish that they would have went that route in p2.

Astra

I'd love it if they remade EP and IS. I simply cannot go back to EP PS1, and even IS PSP is tedious for me. Can't stand random battles anymore.

This thread really slowed down with no off-topic discussion, hasn't it?

FluxWaveZ

My position has been "no more remakes" for a while now. I want new games. I've already experienced the stories of Persona 1, Persona 2 and Persona 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom