• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Things could've been worse, I suppose.

ibjBjXROu1Clgh.gif

Bayonetta 2 looks amazing. God fucking damn.

I am in bloody love with her new design. I've always loved the look of short hair more than long hair for some reason (absolutely no offence, Sophia).

The new weapons look neat as well, and the halberd-wielding baddie was slick. 2014 is going to be an amazing year for the Wii U :D

it's kinda funny because it was the top article on the blog i was looking at (one that usually posts famitsu leaks) and it had a persona icon and before i read the headline i was like "oh i guess they did announce p5 in famitsu this weak :O"

and then i read the headline

and the accompanying link

and my heart sank

index...why...

PK Gaming

i mean it's pretty much nintendo being nintendo so i don't see the problem

qwLZhWw.png

Exactly.

I liked the games they showed off (Smash, Bayonetta, Mario Kart/Platformer, etc) and i'm willing to wait for them. I appreciate how Nintendo still cares about one of the only strengths of console gaming: Coop/multiplayer gaming in your room.

Just the way I like it.

Jintor

Come to think of it I haven't seen a good in-room multi game since the endless Halo iterations and maybe firefight modes to an extent

Maybe Borderlands but also not really

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe P5's plot will be about corporate fraud.
bhuHH.gif

It's obvious now what Persona 5 is. You play as Kaz, your Yosuke is Tretton, your Kanji is Cerny, your Teddie is Yoshida and you have to fight Devil Remember Manifestation.
Come to think of it I haven't seen a good in-room multi game since the endless Halo iterations and maybe firefight modes to an extent

Maybe Borderlands but also not really

Rayman

Yup, this is all it needed. Plus I'm a massive Pokemon fan and Platinum's stuff looks awesome soo...

Have they actually shown anything for SMTxFE? Seems like it may be a while before it turns up again. What are crossover games like this usually like? The only ones I can think of are fighting games. Perhaps FE mechanics with the demons as units?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yup, this is all it needed. Plus I'm a massive Pokemon fan and Platinum's stuff looks awesome soo...

Have they actually shown anything for SMTxFE? Seems like it may be a while before it turns up again. What are crossover games like this usually like? The only ones I can think of are fighting games. Perhaps FE mechanics with the demons as units?

AFAIK the only thing they have shown on SMTxFE is that 30 second flash animation.

cj_iwakura

Eh, I've never been a fan of Nintendo's IPs. I buy their systems for third party games. DS: Trauma Center, GC: Tales of Symphonia, Wii: Shikigami III, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
X looks pretty cool but Xenoblade was mad overrated. Pretty good game, and even if it was 'one of the best jrpgs of the generation'that's real faint praise as far as consoles go. Hell, I had more fun with Ni No Kuni's combat than X's Everquest 1 combat system.

Sophia

X looks pretty cool but Xenoblade was mad overrated. Pretty good game, and even if it was 'one of the best jrpgs of the generation'that's real faint praise as far as consoles go. Hell, I had more fun with Ni No Kuni's combat than X's Everquest 1 combat system.

... what? o_O;

Have you even PLAYED Everquest?

Sophia

Yes. Since it launched. Auto attack with occasionally hitting a button. Xenoblade.

Well no wonder you found it "overrated" if you weren't using abilities. :p

All three, and Gears.

I rate them Gears > III > I > root canal work > II

And that link is proof positive that Yuki Kajiura made Yasunori Mitsuda look like an amateur.

Good ratings, although I think I'd put III above Gears if we were talking purely gameplay.

As an aside, Famitsu usually leaks by now, so I'm assuming there's no P5 in it.

Trigger

I think the main combat in III was pretty boring compared to II and I, but the mech battles were fantastic. I'd really kill for a Xeno game that was closer in spirit to Xenosaga.

cj_iwakura

Well no wonder you found it "overrated" if you weren't using abilities. :p

Good ratings, although I think I'd put III above Gears if we were talking purely gameplay.

As an aside, Famitsu usually leaks by now, so I'm assuming there's no P5 in it.

Not until TGS. That's my belief, at least for now.

Squire

Banned
I'm just glad I didn't make any bets and don't plan to.

E3 is delivering though, as far as I'm concerned. Probably the best one yet for me.

Soriku

All three, and Gears.

I rate them Gears > III > I > root canal work > II

And that link is proof positive that Yuki Kajiura made Yasunori Mitsuda look like an amateur.

Xenosaga 2 > 1 IMO. 1 was nothing special, at least 2 went more in-depth into the story (1 was just a set up) and had a good post-game.

cj_iwakura

Xenosaga 2 > 1 IMO. 1 was nothing special, at least 2 went more in-depth into the story (1 was just a set up) and had a good post-game.

2 shifted the focus away from the two most important characters, and worse, wrecked their voices. I enjoyed the battle system, and the music, but that was about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom