• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would pay any amount of money to have Teddie tell a bear pun during the Sony conference to announce it. :p

As long as they got Sam Riegel there to voice him.

"We know the wait has been unBEARable, but here's a beary nice look at ATLUS' next bear of a game!"

Cue Strange Journey 3DS trailer

10 minutes to go.

Where have all the good games gone
and where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Tunoku to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there an Avenger Knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss
and I turn
and I dream of what I need.

I need Persona. I'm holding out for Persona 'til the end of the night.
It's gotta be good
and it's gotta be slick
And it's gotta be free from bad sprites.
I need Persona. I'm holding out for Persona 'til the morning light.
It's gotta be sure
and it's gotta be soon
And it's gotta be larger than life!
larger than life.

Somewhere after 9 PM
in my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
there's a game calling out for me.
Racing on the Zio and rising with the heat
It's gonna take an awesome game to sweep me off my feet.

It's gotta be good
and it's gotta be slick
And it's gotta be free from bad sprites
It's gotta be good
and it's gotta be slick
And it's gotta be larger than life.
I need a Persona. I'm holding out for Persona 'til the end of the night.

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where Ziodyne splits the sea
I could swear there is someone
somewhere
watching me.
Through Garu
and Bufu
and the fog
And the storm
and the flood
I can feel its approach like Agi in my blood.

It's gotta be good and it's gotta be slick
And it's gotta be free from the bad sprites.
It's gotta be sure
and it's gotta be soon
And it's gotta be larger than life.

Prep those avatars, Levito!

We still have Famitsu!

We've got to hold on to what we've got
Cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For Persona - we'll give it a shot

Also words cannot explain how hyped I am about Kingdom Hearts III. I was literally shaking with excitement and fistpumping during the announcement.

Sophia

I don't even give a shit that Persona 5 wasn't announced. That was the best E3 conference since I started watching them in 2004. Hands down.

Astra

You cling to a false hope! Bwahaha.

I thought the conference was really boring, though I liked a few aspects. Specifically the no used-game DRM. Plus being required for online multiplayer is disappointing, though.

Astra

I like how he said the Vita was just starting to get going, and then proceeded to announce nothing new for it, and ignore it for the rest of the conference.

Of course he meant that Persona 5 is going to be announced for it in the coming days.

sony took advantage of the enemy's weaknesses, much like one does in the persona series.

it's kind of a bummer that the new swery 65 game is xbone exclusive. but then i imagine the kinect controls would probably make it a nightmare to actually play anyway.
(note to aeana: swery65's previous big game, deadly premonition, was heavily inspired by twin peaks. persona also drew inspiration from twin peaks, in particular the velvet room in p1 and p2 is basically just a straight up purple version of the Lodge that appears in the show. i'm vaguely on topic i promise)

i can't wait until nintendo's presentation. i saw someone say that nintendo is usually playing an entirely different game than microsoft and sony, and that's true, so it'll be neat to see how it stacks up against sony's domination.

250px-SandiVSQuinn.jpg

like yu's cousin, or whatever

Jintor

You're all babies. It was 50 minutes of boring shit we've heard before, followed by a Squeenix surge, some great indie support, more boring shit, and then Tretton breaking Microsoft's kneecaps and repeatedly kicking them in the balls for 10 minutes and then showing Destiny.

You're all babies. It was 50 minutes of boring shit we've heard before, followed by a Squeenix surge, some great indie support, more boring shit, and then Tretton breaking Microsoft's kneecaps and repeatedly kicking them in the balls for 10 minutes and then showing Destiny.

people are excited for games that were announced/teased in 2006, don't be mad. (kh3 was teased at the end of kh2 right or was that something else my knowledge of the series is lacking)

Astra

I'm glad I wasn't the only one underwhelmed with their conference. They barely showed anything new.

Can't believe no Persona! Any chance it come another day? :(

No TLG either, was a disappointing show for Sony games-wise.

I didn't expect to see it at E3, but for Scrafty, Dantis and Omi's sake, let's hope we see something in Famitsu.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

no u

I am shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, that there was no Persona 5 news.

Dantis

My Internet cut out three minutes before the conference started. :/

EDIT: No Last Guardian or Naughty Dog? Man, disappointing.

Levito

Banned
I don't even give a shit that Persona 5 wasn't announced. That was the best E3 conference since I started watching them in 2004. Hands down.

Exactly what I was thinking, not since Nintendo 2004 has there been a conference this good.

Sony just humiliated Microsoft.

Persona may still come
haha noooo

Jintor

I will admit my heart grew three sizes to see SuperGiant and Klei up on stage. Oh, and Octodad.

It then immediately shrank again with the fucking horrific 'banter' for Destiny

Dantis

Catching up with E3 now. Price point is amazing for PS4. Games aren't as interesting to me as MS' conference (MGS and Witcher blew my mind), but the console seems miles better.

Relevant to the topic, no region locking apparently. Guess I'll be importing the next generation of Persona too, haha.

Levito

Banned
Catching up with E3 now. Price point is amazing for PS4. Games aren't as interesting to me as MS' conference (MGS and Witcher blew my mind), but the console seems miles better.

Relevant to the topic, no region locking apparently. Guess I'll be importing the next generation of Persona too, haha.

MGS and The Witcher are on PS4 as well.

PK Gaming

We might not get Persona 5 anytime soon (Sorry Scrafty, Dantis & Omi) but tomorrow's Nintendo E3's direct, and they might cover SMT X Fire Emblem!

on this day, june 11th in the year of our lord 2013, the clouds parted and a voice bellowed from the heavens
"Sony. Microsoft. Pretenders To The Throne. You Forget Yourselves. We Are Nintendo. Behold Our Power."
and then everyone lost their shit because megaman and animal crossing villager and wii fit trainer and cat suits in mario and playable peach and and and and...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom