• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess Who

Banned
She has more personality than Yukiko.

:(

I really liked Yukiko's social link at first, because I could really relate to the whole I-want-to-get-out-of-this-small-town-and-make-something-of-myself thing she had going on. But then she went JK STAYING AT THE INN FOREVER and my heart was broken. </3

Jintor

The opening track for FES would be so hard, but glorious! Would probably be an extended mix, too.

These songs need extensions to full verse:

P3 FES
Wiping All Out
Ain't Nobody Can hold me Down

Yukiko:
But lol the whole point of her s.link wasn't that she didn't like the inn, it was that she didn't like feeling like her life had already been laid out for her and instinctively rebelled against it.

She's still kinda bland though

Squire

Banned
The non-canon P4A seems to be PSN-bound in NA.

4tCFLB4l.jpg

"Sorry, Europe!"

Tiktaalik

There is literally no chance of P5 heading to next-gen, Atlus have barely done anything for this one.

Is there a consensus fan opinion about what platform Persona 5 will be coming to?

For the longest time I assumed PS3 exclusive, with some "golden" version coming along later for PSVita, but given the length of time that has passed, and with next gen upon us, does anyone think we might see it for Wii U instead of PS3?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a consensus fan opinion about what platform Persona 5 will be coming to?

For the longest time I assumed PS3 exclusive, with some "golden" version coming along later for PSVita, but given the length of time that has passed, and with next gen upon us, does anyone think we might see it for Wii U instead of PS3?

Between SMT 4 and FE x SMT, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a Nintendo system.

Trigger

It's probably going to be for 360/PS3. There was talk of Catherine being a test run (though I don't think that panned out) and it was multiplatform. I could see a version for WiiU tho. A re-release seems guaranteed given the way the franchise has been treated.

FluxWaveZ

There was talk of Catherine being a test run (though I don't think that panned out) and it was multiplatform.

They stated Catherine was developed as a testbed for Persona 5, but that the Persona Team ditched Gamebryo to develop their own internal engine for the title.

Given that the title "Persona 5" first appeared in a Dengeki PlayStation of 2010, I'm certain that Persona 5 will at least be a PS3 title. It might be a 360 and Wii U one as well.

Tiktaalik

It's probably going to be for 360/PS3. There was talk of Catherine being a test run (though I don't think that panned out) and it was multiplatform. I could see a version for WiiU tho. A re-release seems guaranteed given the way the franchise has been treated.

That's a good point. You'd have to imagine they would have built a lot of tools developing cross platform and gained a lot of expertise on what's necessary to build for both.

I'll agree with the 360/PS3 camp, though I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it on Wii U. And it *could* technically be possible, though I don't necessarily see it happening.

Tiktaalik

android/ios

I think with some heavy UI revisions some (but not all) of the SMT games would work really well on iOS. SMT: Strange Journey for example could probably easily be played one handed, which would be great for that bus commute when you're standing and holding onto a pole.

Squire

Banned

PS3: Definitely.
360: Likely.
Wii U: Pfft.

Nothing's coming to Wii U.

Dantis, Ni No Kuni's combat system will make you rage and stop playing it. I promise.

It's not so bad at first but near the end? Holy shit, if you have a 'Psyche Up' familiar instead of defend or evade, you're fucked constantly. You only have a short window to defend, and the AI takes SO long to switch familiars. Not to mention sometimes you'll set them on attack and they'll just keep backing up. And other times when you can't get around other enemies.

Games combat turns infuriating on boss fights and certain mobs.

It's the P3 Vanilla of ARPGs. *ducks*

It's almost as if the autobattley Attack command makes it seem as if originally, the human was under direct control all the time and you manage the familiar via L1/d-pad, but was changed. It's wierd.

FES.

As a side-note, I need to replay through P3P.

I find it really weird that other companies don't use Press Turn or One More ripoffs.

Because either A) "TURNBASED BORING, PRESS A FOR AWESOME" or B) mashing "X" thru trash battles is veeeeeeeeeeeery comforting compared with actual battle management for alot, despite the hate X-ing thru fights gets.

Is there even a male persona figure?

Fixed.

Are there any SMT games even on PC?

I've a large group of PC-playing friends and acquaintances who I've told "It's Fallout with demons" trying to get them to bite. Some being on Steam would help immensely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh and I always got older woman vibes from Margaret, but it's probably just the way she carries herself.

Also, she doesn't throw herself at the protag which means she's the most realistic romance besides Ai.

Squire

Banned
oh and I always got older woman vibes from Margaret, but it's probably just the way she carries herself.

Also, she doesn't throw herself at the protag which means she's the most realistic romance besides Ai.

I like how
you bump into her during the Culture Festival and she isn't intimidated by Ai.
That was great.

johnsmith

remember me
I love helping people spend money on figures. I spend way too much time on mandarake and amiami, so when I see something somebody has mentioned wanting, I'll let them know. This hobby was so frustrating when I started and saw that everything I wanted was sold out before I learned where to look for stuff besides ebay (which is so damn overpriced).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom