• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the choppy framerate is why I didn't bother with the collection. Honestly though, seeing how another certain Konami product fared (Silent Hill HD), I'm glad that it's at least playable to people picking it up for the first time.

Konami - Well we made one good HD port so I don't think anyone will question us if we don't do as good of a job next two times, right guys?

Is there even a Margaret figure?

Well there's this

23289-12-0209-persona4-megahouse-gcc-remix.jpg

That aside, I don't believe so

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's talk about how Margaret looks about a million times cooler than Elizabeth.

Margaret not only looks cooler but seems like she'd be a way cooler romantic interest. Like Elizabeth is all 'I dont know I'm just here because I'm cute' where as Margaret is all 'motha fucka I run Velvet Room'

Dantis

I've never cared for Elizabeth at all. Margaret on the other hand looks absolutely boss.

As an aside, what age does everyone see them as (Based on looks)? I always saw Elizabeth as slightly older than the protagonist(s) and Margaret as a full-grown adult.

I don't know about looks, but I certainly prefer Elizabeth's personality. Yu Narukami puts it best when he said that "Her profile simultaneously evokes the images of a pondering philosopher and an innocent girl."

That's some dynamite fanart.

Dantis

The only thing I dislike about P4. Margaret just isn't interesting. Liz is on a journey of self-discovery, but Marge? She's just sorta there.

#TeamElizabeth

I don't find either particularly interesting. Elizabeth is just "HO HUM, SO RANDOM LOL!" and Margaret literally has no personality whatsoever. Astoundingly bland S Link.

Squire

Banned
The only thing I dislike about P4. Margaret just isn't interesting. Liz is on a journey of self-discovery, but Marge? She's just sorta there.

#TeamElizabeth

I haven't done anything with Liz yet, but I definitely see your point with Marge. She doesn't really have an arc. Her S. Link serves the purpose of getting the player to approach the fusion system with a focus and a desired result rather than just throwing fusions together. She's also another reason to call Narukami a ladies man.

To Dantis' point though, she has a better design. She looks more deliberately mysterious and like a distinctly older, strikingly beautiful woman relative to P4's cast. I enjoyed that they played that up when the group meets her in P4G.

Her design is what draws you to her to start doing her requests at all.

Omikaru

I'm gonna be kind of mealy mouthed and say I like Margaret and Elizabeth for different reasons. So there.

But I'm not a fan of bob haircuts. Sorry Elizabeth, but your sister's hair is much better.

Noi

I liked Liz a lot more because, as a result of how her requests worked, you got to hear her opinion over every little thing instead of just for persona fusion requests. Comparatively, you hardly know much about Margaret by the end of the game.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I don't hate her design. I just found it hard to like her. lol, she's a little too mysterious.

Her rank up events should've consisted of a lot more than a "Thanks" each time, for sure.

But I'm not a fan of bob haircuts. Sorry Elizabeth, but your sister's hair is much better.

Bobs and boy cuts are fine, but you need a cute face to make 'em work.

Edit: Oh hey, Marge has a hair band, too! Soejima strikes again!

Dantis

So Persona 5 is on GT's '20 games we want to see on PS4'.

I think there is absolutely no chance of it happening, but if P5 got announced on Feb 20th for PS4, I'd preorder one ASAP.

FluxWaveZ

I think there is absolutely no chance of it happening, but if P5 got announced on Feb 20th for PS4, I'd preorder one ASAP.

The PS4 announced along with Persona 5 as a PS4 game on February 20th... I think I'd tear up.

Squire

Banned

Ooh, I meant to post that hear. No chance of that happening, but I was glad GT gave Persona a mention. Very cool.

#TeamMarge all the way, I like Elizabeth, but I feel like Margaret is a better Velvet Room attendant.

Also, if P5 was somehow announced for the PS4 (it'll be on the PS3), that would affirm my decision to buy one even more... even if it *gulp* had always online DRM or no used games.

Omikaru

If P5 is a PS4 release, it'll probably be cross-gen, which I think will be a thing that many games released in 2013 and 2014 will be. So a basic (sub?) 720p version on PS3, and a prettier, native 1080p version on PS4. At any rate, PS4 would be the version I'd get.

As it stands, I know in my gut they're making this for PS3. And 360.
Not Wii U.

P5 as a 360 exclusive would be a wild meltdown.
Don't even joke about that.

Omikaru

I'd be in for day 1 in this scenario too.

I'm getting that game, Atlus, regardless of platform.

I don't have a 360. I'd import an American one just for P5. I'd bring over a copy of P4A while I'm at it, because fuck Zen United.

I still wouldn't be happy, though.

Jintor

As long as they don't ignore Wiping All Out like P4A did :mad:

Best Persona battle theme ever.

They don't have a full three-verse version. LAME

MOVIN' FAST WHILE YOU STILL PRATTLIN', NO TIME FOR ME, NO TANGLIN', HIT YOU FROM A SPOT WITH NO ANGLIN'

Personally I'd use an Ouendan/EBA format rather than Theatrhythm, which got really boring for me fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom