• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

It's awesome.
You don't see her, but she's in a blue tent as a fortune teller. She says something to the effect of "You can't beat me, romantically." and flusters Ai.

Oh, that's her? lol, I never made that connection for some odd reason.

It's awesome.
You don't see her, but she's in a blue tent as a fortune teller. She says something to the effect of "You can't beat me, romantically." and flusters Ai.

I liked how that happened in the dub of the anime.
well not so much it happening itself, but later when Nanako comes in after seeing Margaret and innocently says that she called him a man-whore

FluxWaveZ

The TV broadcast end in particular made up for the lackluster start. I wish the game was that awesome.

I feel that a lot of parts in the anime were particularly well done in comparison to the game. One thing I really enjoyed is the fact that when Shadows become enraged, the "victims" do not suddenly fall unconscious for no reason. I feel it would have been nice if it was the same in the game.
Shadow Mitsuo's episode was awesome
and seeing what would happen if the
Investigation Team went their own separate ways
Shadow Yu
was great, even though the
Margaret fight
itself wasn't too hot, and makes a lot of sense given
Yu's personality

One thing I would have liked to see would have been some kind of implementation of the optional "The Final Hour" scene in the game (P4 SPOILERS).

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Oh another Persona thread. fufufufufu excellent.
Also thank you so much johnsmith if i ever need help finding figures I will message you.

suzu

Late, but just wanted to say I like both Theo and Elizabeth. I find it amusing that he's the youngest of the siblings and that he's scared of Elizabeth. I think she's the one who fed him dog food. Haha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_lnkds70eig1qf8np7o1_500.jpg

Trigger

Late, but just wanted to say I like both Theo and Elizabeth. I find it amusing that he's the youngest of the siblings and that he's scared of Elizabeth. I think she's the one who fed him dog food. Haha.

I don't know Marge is quite sneaky.

Squire

Banned

No fucking way! Is that from WonFes?!

Just found this myself:

czc4FUc.jpg

And yeah, I can totally see what Soejima means. You would just think theyre designer headphones.

Oh man, just browsed the front page of Tomopop. You guys thinking this suff is risque don't know figures, haha.

Sophia

Just found this myself:

czc4FUc.jpg

And yeah, I can totally see what Soejima means. You would just think theyre designer headphones.

Oh man, just browsed the front page of Tomopop. You guys thinking this suff is risque don't know figures, haha.

*blinks*

Just... how much is that?

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Sometimes I wonder if Aigis wore actual school shoes or smth with her uniform because if I saw someone not having feet and walking around like that I'd be very suspicious.

Sophia

Sometimes I wonder if Aigis wore actual school shoes or smth with her uniform because if I saw someone not having feet and walking around like that I'd be very suspicious.

She has shoes + socks or tights in her school uniform. They're noticeable on the game model in FES, but absent from that figurine.

I always wondered how teachers allowed her to wear "headphones" on her head in class.

The teachers don't seem to care given the protagonist has headphones on as well, as long as you can hear when you're called on. :p

Trigger

Maybe they thought she was an amputee.....?

........Who wears really odd shoes.....?

EDIT- Ah, Sophia with the encyclopedic Aigis knowledge.

Noi

Too late to make an accurate post, but fuck Kunino-sagiri and Yukiko by proxy.

I'm going to bed.

Edit: not the P4G ot, but eh close enough

Dantis

Just found this myself:

czc4FUc.jpg

These are both excellent.

Also, I beat Corpse Party BoS last night. Highly recommend them both to anyone who is looking for something to play on their Vita.

EDIT: As an aside, when I first played P3 it was the FES version, and I remember looking at the manual cover and thinking that Aigis was wearing headphones. I had no idea that she was a robot.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
These are both excellent.

Also, I beat Corpse Party BoS last night. Highly recommend them both to anyone who is looking for something to play on their Vita.

EDIT: As an aside, when I first played P3 it was the FES version, and I remember looking at the manual cover and thinking that Aigis was wearing headphones. I had no idea that she was a robot.

I like freaked out when Aigis ran up to female MC and hugged her. I was so pleased I was like praying there would be lesbians there.

So Persona 5 is on GT's '20 games we want to see on PS4'.

I think there is absolutely no chance of it happening, but if P5 got announced on Feb 20th for PS4, I'd preorder one ASAP.
There is no reason why p5 couldn't be on ps3/ps4. I think using the "first jrpg on next gen consoles" gimmick would work well.

Yes there is.

Budget.
According to the ubisoft CEO(and a couple of devs/smart people on this forum),next gen ( for the first few years) will be identical to this gen due to the reuse of assets.

Today, assets are created at far higher fidelity (in Z brush) and then is downgraded. That takes time. Besides that, as we shift toward a completely real time lighting system (perhaps by next to next gen), the lack of baking would mean further reduction in dev time.

Ubisoft CEO Yves
Guillemot tells IGN, "We’ll make sure that
we unlock the potential of the new machines
when they will be around." However, "We
will continue to develop on older platforms,
for sure...but the majority of our time and
talent [will go] toward taking advantage of
those new possibilities."
The cost of those next-gen titles, Guillemot
says, likely won't cost much more than
current-generation budgets

Going from SD to HD is one of the biggest leaps ever, not only in graphics but manpower/resources/budget as well. Next gen leap will be like going from NES to SNES or maaaaaybe ps1/n64 to Dreamcast. Any developer that survives this gen could definitely survive next gen( especially if they aren't graphic whores). P5 not coming to ps4 will have absolutely nothing to do with budget.

Omikaru

Going from SD to HD is one of the biggest leaps ever, not only in graphics but manpower/resources/budget as well. Next gen leap will be like going from NES to SNES or maaaaaybe ps1/n64 to Dreamcast. Any developer that survives this gen could definitely survive next gen( especially if they aren't graphic whores). P5 not coming to ps4 will have absolutely nothing to do with budget.

More to do with sales than budget, I imagine. Next gen consoles have a small install base for the first 12-18 months, so it's not far-fetched to think a lot of games released in the latter half of this year and through 2014 will be cross-gen, especially PS3 games. It'd help the new console build up a library and get engine coders familiar with the hardware, without taking the huge risks necessary in making a big game for a small console audience. It also gives customers an upgrade path that's almost as compelling as full and comprehensive BC. You just need two versions of the game engine on the Blu-ray; assets can be shared. Putting the disc in your PS4 would be akin to playing a bog standard console port on PC, so better framerate, some neat new visual tricks, and native 1080p.

Alas, we don't know what next-gen entails yet, so all of this is pie in the sky speculation until we get more details on the 20th, but I'm hoping Sony allow this and that a lot of games take advantage of it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
P5 will be on PS3 and most likely 360 as well.

This wouldn't be the first time that Atlus released a game that was a previous gen game during a new console gen.

See: Persona 4.

Besides, the game probably already started development before the dev kits starting going out.

Dantis

Wrong.

Budget goes a lot further than just making models and textures in ZBrush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom