• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

tumblr_mhzfd37GfT1r07mdjo1_400.png
tumblr_mhzfd37GfT1r07mdjo2_400.png

tumblr_mhzfd37GfT1r07mdjo3_400.png
tumblr_mhzfd37GfT1r07mdjo4_400.jpg

better than most valentines cards

Squire

Banned
Fuck story, put Soejima on everything.

Problem. Solved.

:D

P4A figures are good news. I hope Narukami and Aigis are on the list.

Darn right it is. I get to play as my favorite character and beat the crap out of Akihiko! >_>;

Blerg. You're probably right.

Yeah, I can't disagree.

You would have preferred it if Penthesilea was used as Mitsuru's Persona instead? (I actually meant Palladion for Aigis)

But yeah, the catsuit was certainly just for fanservice. P4A as a whole was.

:D

Want.

Probably very expensive though

I think it's pretty hard to come by now, yeah. The older Liz figure CJ posted is $1,000+ on Amazon right now.

Sophia

This is the one game I wish that Ken was in for that reason.

What we wouldn't all give to beat the shit out of him for the problems he caused in Persona 3.... of course then Altus would rewrite his character to somehow be redeeming if he was in so meh. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dantis, Ni No Kuni's combat system will make you rage and stop playing it. I promise.

It's not so bad at first but near the end? Holy shit, if you have a 'Psyche Up' familiar instead of defend or evade, you're fucked constantly. You only have a short window to defend, and the AI takes SO long to switch familiars. Not to mention sometimes you'll set them on attack and they'll just keep backing up. And other times when you can't get around other enemies.

Games combat turns infuriating on boss fights and certain mobs.

Dantis

Dantis, Ni No Kuni's combat system will make you rage and stop playing it. I promise.

It's not so bad at first but near the end? Holy shit, if you have a 'Psyche Up' familiar instead of defend or evade, you're fucked constantly. You only have a short window to defend, and the AI takes SO long to switch familiars. Not to mention sometimes you'll set them on attack and they'll just keep backing up. And other times when you can't get around other enemies.

Games combat turns infuriating on boss fights and certain mobs.

I've already sent it back. Shame, because I loved everything besides actually playing it.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
How should Persona 3 be experienced first: FES on PS3, or P3P on Vita?

I already have the game on Vita, but never played it (other than for a couple minutes).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It doesn't get much better, and the music's fine, but there's not a lot of it. Or they don't use enough of it.

Also, in Pokemon you level up more and get excited when you get something cool like Flame Wheel. There's nothing really that cool that I found from getting higher leveled monsters in Ni No Kuni. Like, the coolest ability I got was a single target physical that did like 500 damage.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I already have the game on Vita, but never played it (other than for a couple minutes).

If you have the ability to play it, FES.

P3P is essentially the same game, but a lot of the presentation is missing. No animated cutscenes, no outside exploring (replaced by static imaging and visual novel like due to the PSP's hardware).

Dantis

FES.

As a side-note, I need to replay through P3P.

Seems to have been my complaint with the demo, and why I haven't rushed out to rent it. >_>;

I find it really weird that other companies don't use Press Turn or One More ripoffs.

I never had any save file issues in P3FES. I did get annoyed when there is that minute-long freeze during the September full moon. I restarted it a few times and then I just googled the problem and all you have to do is wait until it's over.

But P3P just seems more accessible.

I think it's pretty hard to come by now, yeah. The older Liz figure CJ posted is $1,000+ on Amazon right now.

The aftermarket - crusher of dreams.

I'll just hope the P4U Mitsuru will be cheaper and I'll hopefully be able to get it at some point

my wallet, please just die for me

Noi

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF.

I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty nail-biting surviving 8 turns in a row of that with the MC surviving by 1-8 HP every time WITH a Defense buff on. I eventually ran out of full HP items though, lol.

Didn't help that it did more damage than Yukiko has HP. ._. I really don't wanna grind on Hands for EXP, but it seems inevitable in this situation since it's Almighty damage.

I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty nail-biting surviving 8 turns in a row of that with the MC surviving by 1-8 HP every time WITH a Defense buff on. I eventually ran out of full HP items though, lol.

Didn't help that it did more damage than Yukiko has HP. ._. I really don't wanna grind on Hands for EXP, but it seems inevitable in this situation since it's Almighty damage.

When in doubt, always grind for hands. It's how I got the Going Nova trophy near end of the game, I hit a bunch of hands with an All-Out and all took a lot of damage

of course, they're hands so they got a lot of health anyways

Trigger

You might as well. The true ending boss will be even more brutal.

Noi

Holy shit.

I think it was doing HALF of that to my characters....

My MC is Level 51 at 420 HP and survived for a few rounds with only single digit HP left, until it eventually did him in. Oddly enough, Naoto at 59 with 408 HP always survived with double digits. Yukiko at 51/361 died every round though. >_>

When in doubt, always grind for hands. It's how I got the Going Nova trophy near end of the game, I hit a bunch of hands with an All-Out and all took a lot of damage

of course, they're hands so they got a lot of health anyways

I'm playing on V. Hard, so I'm never gonna do that much damage to them unless I look for ones in Yukiko's Castle, haha. It's part of why the thought of grinding on them is unappealing, they don't give enough experience for guaranteed level-ups.

Normally I'm all for being as under-leveled as possible, but this is rough.

Squire

Banned
Are people overvaluing the game because it's Ghibli?

I think we already know the answer to this.

Yes.

Pretty sure it's mainly because it's a console JRPG.

It's undoubtedly because of Ghibli's involvement. Doesn't hold me though as it's Ghibli in baby mode. I'm not really a fan of the Ponyo style. If they and Level-5 wanna do something closer to Kiki or Mononoke with teenagers, I'll be there day one.

The aftermarket - crusher of dreams.

I'll just hope the P4U Mitsuru will be cheaper and I'll hopefully be able to get it at some point

my wallet, please just die for me

Yeah, those are from Wonder Festival 2013 going on this weekend. Here's the new Labby!

BrUCVAj.jpg

TF2JHvs.jpg

Kazzy

Are people overvaluing the game because it's Ghibli?

That's certainly part of the appeal, and for those who don't have much interest in modern RPG's, I can see how it scratches a particular itch.

I'm certainly playing it for a multitude of reasons, none of which are the battle system! Thought it definitely becomes more interesting in the latter half.

Taruranto

It's undoubtedly because of Ghibli's involvement. Doesn't hold me though as it's Ghibli in baby mode. I'm not really a fan of the Ponyo style. If they and Level-5 wanna do something closer to Kiki or Mononoke with teenagers, I'll be there day one.

Yeah, those are from Wonder Festival 2013 going on this weekend. Here's the new Labby!

BrUCVAj.jpg

TF2JHvs.jpg

Ugh, what an awful character.

Dantis

I've rented ZoE HD. Should I even bother playing it? I might just send it back. Not sure that I have any interest.

(You know, besides Kaneko's guest character design)

If you really don't feel like it, play ZoE2 at the very least. It's really good.

Agreed, ZoE2 is a great game. However, this is where the HD port has it's biggest flaw, an inconsistent framerate. I was all set to trade in my PS2 disc but the framerate problem kinda rubbed me the wrong way. If you haven't played it before, it won't bother you as much as if you did, let me just put it that way. It's still a fun game, but expect some choppy waters in the port.

Noi

Agreed, ZoE2 is a great game. However, this is where the HD port has it's biggest flaw, an inconsistent framerate. I was all set to trade in my PS2 disc but the framerate problem kinda rubbed me the wrong way. If you haven't played it before, it won't bother you as much as if you did, let me just put it that way. It's still a fun game, but expect some choppy waters in the port.

Yeah, the choppy framerate is why I didn't bother with the collection. Honestly though, seeing how another certain Konami product fared (Silent Hill HD), I'm glad that it's at least playable to people picking it up for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom