• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Huh, so apparently Unnerving Justice's damage is level-based? That's the only way I can rationalize it doing 400+ damage with a Def buff at level 51 versus ~150 at level 55 with a Def buff and Atk debuff. Tarunda doesn't lower damage THAT much. Either way, dungeon cleared.

Someone spoil me on the new P4G dungeon so I'm prepared for the awful.

Trigger

Spoil what? How to unlock it or what to expect? If you're looking for the latter:
It's as long as the other dungeons. You'll lose SP pretty rapidly. The boss can reflect everything, so horde the elemental breaker items to nullify it's repel. It's pretty as hell tho. Arguably the best looking one in the game.

Oh, and you lose access to your weapons, armor, and accessories.

Mine too. ;)

"You feel that your relationship with Dantis has gotten closer."

Soma

0PpRbKk.jpg

"Aha! I've been waiting for this chance!"

So I started New Game + for Persona 3 Portable. Good news I did find a use of the butterfly in the port (and chances are it will be the only time it appears due to the cut content), bad news, well how do I put it

You keep your level from the last game apparently, as I found out in the first battle (I still had my end game level 77 stats for HP and SP) so I feel on one hand that'll make it a bit too easy. On the other hand, I pretty much stopped using Junpei and Yukari as soon as I could replace both of them the first time around, so those two were really really really underleveled compared to the rest (iirc junpei was 18 and Yukari ay 21... ouch.) so, if the game does scale difficulty based on my level (which since I've only done the rooftop fight so far, have yet to step into Tartarus, I'm not sure if it will or not), then I'm stuck with deadweights until Akihiko joins up, while if it doesn't scale, the game will get much easier, which isn't what I'd want either.

If I knew about the level part sooner, I'd have gone with hard instead of normal.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I was always annoyed at keeping the level for Persona 3 on New Game+. I would've just preferred the stuff that P4 keeps.

Sophia

So I started New Game + for Persona 3 Portable. Good news I did find a use of the butterfly in the port (and chances are it will be the only time it appears due to the cut content), bad news, well how do I put it

You keep your level from the last game apparently, as I found out in the first battle (I still had my end game level 77 stats for HP and SP) so I feel on one hand that'll make it a bit too easy. On the other hand, I pretty much stopped using Junpei and Yukari as soon as I could replace both of them the first time around, so those two were really really really underleveled compared to the rest (iirc junpei was 18 and Yukari ay 21... ouch.) so, if the game does scale difficulty based on my level (which since I've only done the rooftop fight so far, have yet to step into Tartarus, I'm not sure if it will or not), then I'm stuck with deadweights until Akihiko joins up, while if it doesn't scale, the game will get much easier, which isn't what I'd want either.

If I knew about the level part sooner, I'd have gone with hard instead of normal.

It doesn't scale, and yeah P3(P)'s NG+ mode is just basically so you have forever to do the optional content. :p

So what else does NG+ actually let me carry over? What I was expecting going in was just my compendium and my personality stats, but apparently level is a factor as well. While I'm not too fond on the level carrying over, I'm gonna keep the NG+ run going rather that start fresh because (end game spoilers)
you choose who to spend your last moments with based on the SEES S. Links you completed so it doesn't have to be Aigis like it was before. Granted you still can choose Aigis if you want, but you get other options. I could just youtube it if I want, but that doesn't offer much of a sense of accomplishment. Then again the fact I even know this without doing it yet is kinda helping defeat my point, but idgaf.

It doesn't scale, and yeah P3(P)'s NG+ mode is just basically so you have forever to do the optional content. :p

Eh, I guess if anything that means that I can actually entertain the idea of fighting the Reaper this time around (once my end game party becomes fully available, still gotta wait for Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Ken to join before that happens), and focus on more social links since I won't be grinding personality stats anywhere near as much as I was before (assuming they carry over)

Sophia

Eh, I guess if anything that means that I can actually entertain the idea of fighting the Reaper this time around (once my end game party becomes fully available, still gotta wait for Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Ken to join before that happens), and focus on more social links since I won't be grinding personality stats anywhere near as much as I was before (assuming they carry over)

You should have the two optional areas (
Monad and the Desert of Doors
) opened up to you as well.

New discovery I found on P3P NG+, all of my yen from last time carries over. Went to the police station, I got over 4 million yen

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn I had a decent chunk of yen at the end of the game. I feel like dumping it in a fountain with Elizabeth

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
New discovery I found on P3P NG+, all of my yen from last time carries over. Went to the police station, I got over 4 million yen

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn I had a decent chunk of yen at the end of the game. I feel like dumping it in a fountain with Elizabeth

Omfg really. I have seriously been considering playing P3P today just so I can date Shinjiro and Ryoji again and go for Akihiko. This pleases me greatly.

Omfg really. I have seriously been considering playing P3P today just so I can date Shinjiro and Ryoji again and go for Akihiko. This pleases me greatly.

I just noticed all the end game weapons, armor, and excessories I had came over too. This is really getting me pumped to fight the Reaper before the end of this run

You can switch protagonists and weapons convert over too.

So what kind of weapon does the female protagonist use, and what type of damage does it deal (strike slash pierce)? I remember when I started playing P3 through the digital version of Fes (before I got glitched and my save data died) that you could use whatever weapon you wanted with the exception of guns and knives, but then the male protagonist in portable can only use 1 hand swords.

So what kind of weapon does the female protagonist use, and what type of damage does it deal (strike slash pierce)? I remember when I started playing P3 through the digital version of Fes (before I got glitched and my save data died) that you could use whatever weapon you wanted with the exception of guns and knives, but then the male protagonist in portable can only use 1 hand swords.

The girl uses some kind of hockey stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom