• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

Don't know why some of you are so butthurt about this. If it's just a forum avatar which is meaningless, then him honouring any bet on a forum is just as meaningless. Mods don't enforce these for a reason.

Good on you, Dantis. I don't think any less of you for this because you're just a guy on an internet forum posting stuff. :3

For what it's worth, if I won I wouldn't have made Levito pay up either. And I'm not just saying that now; I've said it a few times on the IRC before the bet was over (or even begun, and after).

pirata

Thank you Persona 4.

Because of you, I already knew the tale of Izanagi and Izanami in my World Religion class today, since we started studying Shinto.

Also, was the only one who felt comfortable pronouncing Amaterasu and Susano-o.

I already knew some stuff in my Hindu religion and philosophy class due to Persona and Metaten, as well.

FluxWaveZ

Don't know why some of you are so butthurt about this. If it's just a forum avatar which is meaningless, then him honouring any bet on a forum is just as meaningless. Mods don't enforce these for a reason.

Good on you, Dantis. I don't think any less of you for this because you're just a guy on an internet forum posting stuff. :3

For what it's worth, if I won I wouldn't have made Levito pay up either. And I'm not just saying that now; I've said it a few times on the IRC before the bet was over (or even begun, and after).

Then why participate in a bet at all if you're not going to honor your side of the deal, presumably expecting the other side to honor theirs if you win? I'm afraid the excuse of, "but it's just an internet forum" doesn't fly here, especially when I guess one side was offering something of tangible value as a wager (money) and the other wasn't.

If you're not going to take this seriously in the end, don't act like you're taking it seriously before you lose.

Omikaru

Sorry Flux, I never took this seriously until I lost and people stopped taking me seriously. :3

I was never going to hold Levito to his end of the bet, and I took on the bet fully expecting Levito to hold me to it if I lost. In my eyes, no money was on the table. All I wanted was Persona 5 and bragging rights. If he really, truly insisted on paying up his end, I'd have just told him to change his avatar in lieu of giving me a Steam game.

Quite frankly, I don't see what the big deal is.

Sophia

If you don't want to honor the bet, then don't. You'll be looked upon poorly for it and nobody will ever take a bet with you in the future, but in the long run nobody cares. :p

That said, regardless, put more consideration into making bets. Or at least know what avatar you're gonna be using before you do. >_>;

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go speculate on over who voices Stella in the Final Fantasy XV trailer....

Astra

I guess it really isn't a big deal. We just all know Dantis is a flake now.
Like Levito said, he would have given him another option if he truly felt the avatar was too extreme. Instead he simply goes back on his word.

Aw c'mon, I have some shame. You of all people should know that >_>;

Canadians have nothing but shame and humility!

Omikaru

1) If you don't want to honor the bet, then don't. You'll be looked upon poorly for it and nobody will ever take a bet with you in the future, but in the long run nobody cares. :p

2) That said, regardless, put more consideration into making bets. Or at least know what avatar you're gonna be using before you do. >_>;

Well, yeah... of course. But:

1) I'm sure the bet reputation will only apply to GAF, which is an internet forum with public anonymity, which is why it's not in any way, shape or form serious.

2) Of course, I'm not the one who is butthurt about this. I accepted the bet and I still have the avatar, don't I? I'm no longer posting on GAF outside of this thread because there's no point while I have it. Plus with Stump putting his foot down on lewd images, I'm facing potentially losing my avatar privileges permanently if I leave this thread anyway.

Quite frankly, I still don't see why people are so upset.

Young Magus

something something SHAME something something DANTIS something something BETS
to be honest I don't care one bit, do whatever makes you happy. Still shoulda gottin Omi's avatar

Trigger

Quite frankly, I still don't see why people are so upset.

Dantis just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Persona-GAF culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Gaming Side where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Persona-GAF you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Persona-GAF public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to make bets with Dantis. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Dantis has alienated an entire market with this move.

Dantis, you can kiss your social link goodbye.

j/k

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Persona-GAF culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Gaming Side where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Persona-GAF you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Persona-GAF public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to make bets with Dantis. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Dantis has alienated an entire market with this move.

j/k

Square Enix screwed Atlus

I dont have a social link, I can negotiate. Anyone want to dance crazy, sing or imitate planes for some crappy tarot cards?

And no, I don't have anything to say to my fans.

Young Magus

j/k
X fuckin D
Trigger, you my friend are awesome!

I dont have a social link, I can negotiate. Anyone want to dance crazy, sing or imitate planes for some crappy tarot cards?

And no, I don't have anything to say to my fans.
I'll form Gas Chamber, all I need now is a guitarist and a keyboardist. Who's down?

Levito

Banned
Ok, I'll leave it to PM's.

Whatever, I'll let it go despite how fucking lame it is. Guess that's what I get for expecting a couple'a limeys to honour their word right? ;)

j/k

Laughing so hard now

Squire

Banned
On-topic, (*gasp* Inorigo is on-topic!) I think I'm going to play through P4G a third time after I finish The Last Of Us. Should bridge the gap between now and Saint 's Row IV nicely.

Yes,it will

Now that I have my band who's ready to rock!?!?!?

aml.jpg

My corporeal form is prepared!

Meia

On-topic, (*gasp* Inorigo is on-topic!) I think I'm going to play through P4G a third time after I finish The Last Of Us. Should bridge the gap between now and Saint 's Row IV nicely.

I'm still on my real time playthrough of P4G. 29 days of the month you play for 5 minutes, the other day you play for 9 hours. :p

Hrm, I still need to platinum trophy that thing. Got to the dungeon after the game one on my game + going for the risette trophy(think I'm lv30 or something), but yeesh that trophy sucks.

BTW, went to the mall with my niece earlier this morning after she found out about the jacket, they had them in store, but not the color. Tried it on, fits, so she wants it for her birthday. Niece still rules.

Levito

Banned
I just remembered: The title for OT2. Are we still going with Burn My Thread?

Persona Community Thread OT2 | Dantis shattering social links.

Persona Community Thread OT2 | Persona 3 and 4 are for dipshit asshole weaboos and P2 is for sophisticate scholars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom