• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

2CaztIu.png

How is it possible that the more she says, the more awesome she becomes? You'd think it'd plateau after awhile. :p

Should let my niece know about this, who's wanting to get into the cosplay scene.

Astra

How is it possible that the more she says, the more awesome she becomes? You'd think it'd plateau after awhile. :p

Should let my niece know about this, who's wanting to get into the cosplay scene.

She's a Fitzbadass! That never plateaus.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Now she just needs to dye her hair a light brown and it'll be all set.

Levito

Banned
Ummm Dantis, icon?

I got to winter in TLOU as well last night, game definitely gets better as you go along, still not in love with it though.

Dantis

Ummm Dantis, icon?

I got to winter in TLOU as well last night, game definitely gets better as you go along, still not in love with it though.

It was preventing me posting on GAF. It was only a bit of fun anyway.

If it actually bothers you, all I can say is sorry. But not enough to change my icon back.

The winter section is the best part of the game in my opinion. Loved it.

Yeah that's pretty fucking lame to go back on a bet Dantis, especially when I was willing to front up actual money.

*shrug*

I don't play Steam games so I wouldn't have expected you to pay up. Though I guess it's easy to say that now, haha.

If it actually bothers you, all I can say is sorry. But not enough to change my icon back.

The winter section is the best part of the game in my opinion. Loved it.

Not only did you make a fools bet, but you are also a sore loser, remind me to never go to Las Vegas with you lol

And Dantis' avatar was nowhere near ad bad as Omi's either.

Btw I'm sticking with this until I'm done with P2EP. Then I might go back to s
Spooky Ghost or go something SMT4. I will def go back to Spooky Ghost some day though.

Levito

Banned

If it actually bothers you, all I can say is sorry. But not enough to change my icon back

Nothing was preventing you from posting on GAF but yourself.

*shrug*

I don't play Steam games so I wouldn't have expected you to pay up. Though I guess it's easy to say that now, haha.

No I would've paid up, cause I value the weight of my word.

If you're not willing to live up to your end of a bet, especially if you lose, you probably shouldn't take it in the first place. Otherwise you look like a child, and a really sore loser. Especially in this case when all you had to do was change your avatar on an internet forum for a month and a half.

Dantis

His avatar was preventing him from posting. That sounds pretty serious to me.

I suppose I should have said "It was making me not want to post".

I was talking to Omi about it, and he was saying that he hasn't been posting because of his avatar (Which is admittedly a lot worse than mine), and I just thought "Bah, this is silly" and switched it back.

As it is Levito, it cost you nothing, so I wouldn't be too upset by it. I am sorry though, and I realise how bad this makes me look.

Levito

Banned
Sure, it was just a silly icon bet, but it's still going back on a bet. It shows that your word shouldn't be trusted in other arenas all the same too.

Maaaaan, if Persona 5 did get announced I would've shelled out cash for someone not willing to live up to their end of the bet, that's an unfortunate thought.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I was talking to Omi about it, and he was saying that he hasn't been posting because of his avatar (Which is admittedly a lot worse than mine), and I just thought "Bah, this is silly" and switched it back.

As it is Levito, it cost you nothing, so I wouldn't be too upset by it. I am sorry though, and I realise how bad this makes me look.

Then you shouldn't have made the bet if you weren't going to live up to your end of the bargain.

you could add this to all of your posts

Slow burn.

Levito

Banned
I offer you this Dantis, change you icon to the following till August 1st and you will be redeemed:

jmgxU9k.jpg

Why does it brother you what strangers on the internet think of your avatar...legit question BTW, I'm actually curious to know.

He was probably worried that posters in The Last Of Us OT wouldn't take him seriously when he confirmed that it is indeed Citizen Kane ported to the PSTriple.

Not that it would matter the icon, TLOU aside from the script and the art direction it's a pretty underwhelming experience.

Kazzy

Why does it brother you what strangers on the internet think of your avatar...legit question BTW, I'm actually curious to know.

It's all relative, some just put much more stock in that sort of thing (on both sides), as baffling as that may seem.

That's bordering on childish, though, especially as you were the ones who instigated this whole thing to begin with. As dumb as a silly internet wager is, that's precisely why it looks more foolish, because you react in such a way.

Your word is your bond.

Sophia

For what it's worth, I totally expected Dantis to not even honor the bet. So I'm kinda surprised he went this long past E3.

Squire

Banned
For what it's worth, I totally expected Dantis to not even honor the bet. So I'm kinda surprised he went this long past E3.

That's not good though.

There's merit to keeping your word, Dantis.

That's why I don't make bets I'm not 100% confident in.

PK Gaming

1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif

Duuuude what are you doing!

Tbh, I'm not in favor of forcing someone to use an avatar they don't want to, or aren't comfortable doing... But i'm not above ribbing you for backing out on a bet :p

Sophia

That's not good though.

There's merit to keeping your word, Dantis.

That's why I don't make bets I'm not 100% confident in.

I only make bets with silly people who don't think through their bets and allow me to abuse tons of loopholes. Like Juniors who don't specify a timeframe. ;p

Levito

Banned
I already said if the icon made him uncomfortable that I'd be willing to find something else. Those of you taking pity on Dantis - remember HE took this bet, it's all on him.

Now he has a choice to change to the Dafoe icon, balls in his court.

If Persona 5 was announced and I wanted my money back on the $5 Steam game I offered, would Dantis oblige? No he wouldn't, and he shouldn't either.

Watanabe nailed it with that last post by the way.

Lunar15

Guys, it's all just part of his heel role in the persona community. We just need the face to show up and set things straight. #wrestling

Next time, just specify agreements before taking the bet like, "nothing that is vaguely sexual." But ultimately, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qak-fmYlBRc

Also, I swear, if we don't get P5 news soon, this entire community is going to have cabin fever, if it doesn't have it already.

Tamanon

Banned
Thank you Persona 4.

Because of you, I already knew the tale of Izanagi and Izanami in my World Religion class today, since we started studying Shinto.

Also, was the only one who felt comfortable pronouncing Amaterasu and Susano-o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom