• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Speaking of saving, doesn't P3 FES on the PSN have saving issues of some kind?

Yes.

Sometimes it won't let you save or it wipes it.

Someone said this was apparently inherent in the disk version of the game, but I have never come across such an issue.

Venfayth

I always have several saves when I'm playing through an RPG. Every time I save I rotate down. This means that if I make a mistake I can always go back and correct it. Has saved me a few times.

Speaking of saving, doesn't P3 FES on the PSN have saving issues of some kind?

Yes, your save data can be erased randomly any time you go to the save/load screen. If it happens when you're going to save, no biggie, just save again. If it happens when you're loading, hopefully you have multiple save files.

Astra

I always have several saves when I'm playing through an RPG. Every time I save I rotate down. This means that if I make a mistake I can always go back and correct it. Has saved me a few times.

Same. For a run of Persona 4, for example, I make a new save for every day of the week. Also have a separate save in dungeon, and the rest are reserved to save before special events and such so I can go back and choose something else.

cjkeats

I always do one save. #YOLO

Well, until a choice comes up, then I save in a different slot after it incase I made the wrong choice.

Samyy

:lol oh man I love Kanji's shadow, such a great character overall.
On hard mode do the bosses get any harder at all? I steamrolled the first two dungeons without much trouble. The normal monsters are pissing me off a bit more then the bosses so far.

Trigger

If you know what to expect than none of the bosses are tough; though one guy
(Mitsuo)
is still a bitch to take down on replays.

Marche90

I never use more than one save slot, except if I'm following a guide and it tells me to do so.

So, yeah, I'm one of those guys who overwrite their end-game save with the clear game save.

Sophia

Not counting cleared data, I always use two saves for Persona. One for towns, one for dungeons.

(Not doing so screwed me over with P4G...)

If you know what to expect than none of the bosses are tough; though one guy
(Mitsuo)
is still a bitch to take down on replays.

Seems fusing Black Frost is the key to taking that guy down. I had so much trouble against him the first time, but second playthrough I was attempting to complete the compendium, fused Black Frost and he totally kicked butt. Plus if I remember rightly they used him on the GiantBomb run too :p.

Regarding multiple saves the only reason I did so for P4 was because the PS3 internal memory card was acting up. It would say its corrupted and then load up fine, but at one point one save file disappeared completely. That woulda been a lotta lost time :p.

Jintor

I recall some of you guys were hatin' on Deep Breath Deep Breath (P3 version, not reincarnation). But it has the line 'shake your derierre' in it. It can't be bad.

I could be but I need to save the money to buy stupid PS+ to play multiplayer on my PS4

PS+ is anything but stupid. Thanks to it I've been playing lots of Vanquish, Sleepy Dogs and BlazBlue Vita lately, which I wouldn't be doing otherwise. The price of one game per year for 3+ games per month is well worth the price of admission.

Samyy

PS+ is anything but stupid. Thanks to it I've been playing lots of Vanquish, Sleepy Dogs and BlazBlue Vita lately, which I wouldn't be doing otherwise. The price of one game per year for 3+ games per month is well worth the price of admission.

80gb bandwidth cap shared amongst 6 people
Canada. (FUCK)

Meia

Love PS+, have to figure out how to put a bigger HDD in my PS3(60GB ftl). So many games.

Finally got Last of Us in the mail today........played Animal Crossing for 3 hours. I may have a problem.

Samyy

Another Canadian PersonaGAFer? :D

That cap seems ridiculously small though. Do you have a friend/relative's place you can borrow just to download enough games to last you a while?

No, I download all my steam games at university so it could be good for vita games but in that case I would have to upgrade my damn memory card and that shit is crazy expensive.

Im just hoping I can get Teksavvy when I eventually move out in 3 years

Levito

Banned
My ISP charges about $110 a month for a 150GB cap, if I go over the cap it's $5 for every subsequent GB.(Also Canadian)

PS+ more than pays for itself. Most gamers I know that complain about month fees spend far more than $5 a month on coffee. :p

Artistic merits of bath scenes, yes bath scenes are there for the PLOT.

Samyy

My ISP charges about $110 a month for a 150GB cap, if I go over the cap it's $5 for every subsequent GB.(Also Canadian)

PS+ more than pays for itself. Most gamers I know that complain about month fees spend far more than $5 a month on coffee. :p

I agree it probably pays for itself but im still a little sad about it :<
I need to upgrade the hard drive in my 40gb PS3 as well. This is pretty much why I don't have it now.

PK Gaming

Mano a Mano! Let's do this! (doing the impossible, finding P2 fanart)

tumblr_mkmkc4uY3R1rpsmato1_500.jpg

tumblr_m38b3lNex41qjxucxo1_500.png

tumblr_m3rek3eyY21qlub1uo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6n8bfvNeV1qlub1uo1_500.jpg
(yep, your characters can drink in this one... all of them except one)

tumblr_mepdtyIGME1ri5dayo1_500.jpg
(yesssss)

tumblr_m8mawmiUx01qd9o7so1_500.jpg

iksSwxQ.jpg

(Scurries off)

Astra

Damn Levito, keats and Samyy. I pay $50 a month and have no cap. Though it's only 25Mbps. For $10 more it goes to 40Mbps, but then there's a cap of 250GB.

Caps are fucking ridiculous, especially with everyone going digital.

Samyy

Damn Levito, keats and Samyy. I pay $50 a month and have no cap. Though it's only 25Mbps. For $10 more it goes to 40Mbps, but then there's a cap of 250GB.

I am very jealous. Unfortunately our government in Canada has seen fit to establish and Oligopoly here which means true competition is not possible hence shitty ass service. Also with so many ex-telecom execs on the regulating body I don't see things changing anytime soon, regardless of pressures to go digital.

It is quite pathetic really... there are some smaller companies that offer similar service but theres a lot of families like mine that are locked into fucking contracts because the companies bundle all the services they have together and give really cheap deals so our parents fall for them.

cjkeats

I live with family while going through University, and they let me live rent free so I can't really complain too much. I believe it's 25mps. It was much lower than that before and only 60GB. My little cousin burned through it one month with her iPad and they upped it.
Bell got FibreOP around here so I'm looking to get that once I move out. No caps and speeds from 50-175mps.

Marche90

Whew. I might complain about a lot of things about my ISP (3.5 mb/s, less than 250 kbps upload speed, around $35/month), but if there's one thing where I'm grateful for them is about data caps. Unlimited, as far as I know.

In other news: I've started to play Xenoblade! My god, the game is fucking awesome. Only 5 hours in just from today, and I can tell that it will become one of the best gaming experiences that I've ever had. Avatar change related.

Astra

I am very jealous. Unfortunately our government in Canada has seen fit to establish and Oligopoly here which means true competition is not possible hence shitty ass service. Also with so many ex-telecom execs on the regulating body I don't see things changing anytime soon, regardless of pressures to go digital.

It is quite pathetic really... there are some smaller companies that offer similar service but theres a lot of families like mine that are locked into fucking contracts because the companies bundle all the services they have together and give really cheap deals so our parents fall for them.

Should have mentioned I am also Canadian. My ISP is privately owned and seem to be a lot better than Bell, Telus and Rogers. They recently entered the cellphone market, so I got the fuck away from Telus and save $30 a month on an even better plan.

Yeah, unfortunately the CRTC does nothing to help the consumer out like they're supposed to.
They finally did something half decent in abolishing 3 year contracts, allowing consumers to bail after two years with no penalty.

I live with family while going through University, and they let me live rent free so I can't really complain too much. I believe it's 25mps. It was much lower than that before and only 60GB. My little cousin burned through it one month with her iPad and they upped it.
Bell got FibreOP around here so I'm looking to get that once I move out. No caps and speeds from 50-175mps.

We recently got FiberOP here, 175Mbps for $100/month. Not bad, but much more than I need. It's through Bell though, and I dislike them.

Between Steam, Netflix, Hulu and PSN, I'd probably go over the 250GB cap.

Samyy

Whew. I might complain about a lot of things about my ISP, but if there's one thing where I'm grateful for them is about bandwidth. Unlimited, as far as I know.

In other news: I've started to play Xenoblade! My god, the game is fucking awesome. Only 5 hours in just from today, and I can tell that it will become one of the best gaming experiences that I've ever had. Avatar change related.

This was me last summer, enjoy :)
Just sold my copy today because after 150 hours I don't think I could ever play it again but damn. Such an awesome ride.

Last summer was actually really awesome for me in terms of games, discovered Xenoblade and Persona!

And oh yea lol I want to hop on the smaller private ISPS so bad but dat contract...
Ohwell only 2 years till im outta here (my house that is not Canada)

cjkeats

2CaztIu.png

Should have mentioned I am also Canadian. My ISP is privately owned and seem to be a lot better than Bell, Telus and Rogers. They recently entered the cellphone market, so I got the fuck away from Telus and save $30 a month on an even better plan.

Yeah, unfortunately the CRTC does nothing to help the consumer out like they're supposed to.
They finally did something half decent in abolishing 3 year contracts, allowing consumers to bail after two years with no penalty.

We recently got FiberOP here, 175Mbps for $100/month. Not bad, but much more than I need. It's through Bell though, and I dislike them.

Between Steam, Netflix, Hulu and PSN, I'd probably go over the 250GB cap.

Eastlink?
I used to work at Bell Aliant(Downeast before Bell bought them all out!) so I'm okay with them. There isn;t much else here other than Rogers with their awful caps.
Choices are limited.

Astra

2CaztIu.png

Eastlink?
I used to work at Bell Aliant(Downeast before Bell bought them all out!) so I'm okay with them. There isn;t much else here other than Rogers with their awful caps.
Choices are limited.

haha, she loves Chie, and rightfully so!

Yep, Eastlink!
With Bell Aliant, I just had super shitty service from them, and they weren't too keen on fixing it. My internet would go out several times a day and it was extremely annoying.

Choices are insanely limited here, as well. I'm just glad Eastlink is pretty good. For cable and internet, we have two choices here, haha. Aliant and Eastlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom