• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I still want Pursuing My True Sequel. It's way better.

Yeah, I'm salty.

It was the better choice.

i-know-that-feel.jpg

cjkeats

I forgot what I voted for but I'm pretty sure I was the only one who voted for it anyways. Either way all of them were better than Burn my Thread.

People say I'm this for liking Gurren Lagann.

I say so be it.

For Gurren Lagann? Come on son, that's widley accepted even by anti-anime nutcases. My favorite show is OreImo. Try living with that for a bit.

Meia

BTW, traded in my 3ds today to the digital version of AC to get $100 for it, so also picked up luigi's mansion and Devil Survivor Overclocked. Add one more SMT game to the backlog!

For Gurren Lagann? Come on son, that's widley accepted even by anti-anime nutcases. My favorite show is OreImo. Try living with that for a bit.

One of the people at my work has called it "retarded," "childish," "idiotic" and "godforsaken."

Even some of the people at my uni's anime club have an irrational hatred for it, and they watch HOTD non-ironically!

Levito

Banned
One of the people at my work has called it "retarded," "childish," "idiotic" and "godforsaken."

Even some of the people at my uni's anime club have an irrational hatred for it, and they watch HOTD non-ironically!

There's the problem right there.

Still haven't watched Gurren Lagann, been meanign to since like 2008.

Something Persona something.

Persona Community Thread OT2 | The Citizen Kane of Community Threads

"CINEMATIC posting. EMOTIONAL conversations. HUMAN hot spring debates." - Metacritic

Sophia

Wait really....psp version? no way

Wow. I figured it be Golden given the popularity (and Vita drought).

Erm, are you sure about that?

Famitsu reports 122k for the PSP remake of Persona 1 after it's first month. http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/monthly/1224710_1818.html?ref=rss (Copy paste the url)

Compared to Persona 3 Portable's 158 in the first month.

Unless P1's original release sold bucketloads, I'm having a hard time believing that it outsold P3.
500k on PS1 irc. I could be wrong but I swear I remembered seeing a comparison in one of the media create threads. I'll see if I can find it.

Sophia

500k on PS1 irc. I could be wrong but I swear I remembered seeing a comparison in one of the media create threads. I'll see if I can find it.

Hmm. Persona 3 (vanilla) sold almost 300k. I don't have numbers for FES. They'd be pretty similar at any rate once you account for everything.

cjkeats

Skipping SMT IV for now. Don't sound like a game I'll enjoy playing and money is too tight to buy something that I'm not 100% sure I'll like.

Levito

Banned
Did you guys hear that Persona 5 will no longer require a persistent internet connection and you can trade it to your friends?

Meia

Ah lol, so is Persona GAF getting SMTIV? I hate you US GAFfers getting it in July XD, well at least EU has an announced release...

Have Nocturne, never beat it. Have DDS, never played them. Have Strange Journey, never beat it. Now have Devil Survivor, haven't played it yet.

I AM buying SMT4 day one next month, and plan to play it, but we'll see how far that goes. :p

Persona Community Thread 2: The Citizen Kane of GAF Community Threads

They're right; that's what makes it AWESOME.

Have Nocturne, never beat it. Have DDS, never played them. Have Strange Journey, never beat it. Now have Devil Survivor, haven't played it yet.

I AM buying SMT4 day one next month, and plan to play it, but we'll see how far that goes. :p

Fix this, especially the first two before/after 4. I'd argue they're the three best RPGs of last generation.

Soriku

I was going to buy another 3ds for it but I'm not sure anymore. I just can't get over the new art direction and the mediocre OST(judging from what I have heard on YouTube).

Nocturne has better battle themes but the area themes in IV are way above Nocturne. SMT IV's soundtrack will probably edge out Nocturne's for me because of that.

Meia

I can't get through Nocturne for the same reason I can't get through something like Etrian Odyssey: Too much dungeon grind for too little story. Games that do that just don't mix with me, can't hold my interest really. I get to some point in the game, don't really struggle, but then just stop playing one day and never go back to it. Also iffy about playing anything like a SMT game when I want to give 4 a serious chance next month.

ATM, just playing through Donkey Kong Country Returns for the 3DS as I hadn't played the Wii one, probably 999 before the end of the month, and the phoenix wright games. When AC isn't stealing my soul anyway.

Astra

I can't get through Nocturne for the same reason I can't get through something like Etrian Odyssey: Too much dungeon grind for too little story. Games that do that just don't mix with me, can't hold my interest really. I get to some point in the game, don't really struggle, but then just stop playing one day and never go back to it. Also iffy about playing anything like a SMT game when I want to give 4 a serious chance next month.

ATM, just playing through Donkey Kong Country Returns for the 3DS as I hadn't played the Wii one, probably 999 before the end of the month, and the phoenix wright games. When AC isn't stealing my soul anyway.

I hear ya. I can't stand grinding in RPGs anymore. As we get older, we have a lot less time for gaming, and I don't want to spend the time I have grinding in a dungeon for several hours.

This is why I love Persona 4, there was simply no need to grind at all, even if it made the bosses a bit difficult. They could be pretty easily beat using proper strategy.
With Nocturne, you have to grind, and still the bosses are pretty damn hard. If you're underleveled, you're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom