• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Spoilers for P1:
It was always anime.
;D

Actually, all the edits to the US version made it strangely MORE anime, what with giving all the characters exotic hair colors and stuff....

I didn't realize they went that far.

It was the '90s though. Whatcha gonna do?

hqdefault.jpg

Sophia

I didn't realize they went that far.

It was the '90s though. Whatcha gonna do?

I think what they did to Maki and Elly was most hilarious. They have natural hairstyles for Japanese people. So they turned them BRIGHT RED and BRIGHT STRAWBERRY BLONDE. Two of the most quintessential anime hair colors. >_>;

Musolf815

Quick question (first time posting in this thread, I adore P4G and an working through Arena and P3P right now), have the Persona games before 3 aged a lot? I feel like I should play all the games, but I'm not sure I can handle the older games.

Squire

Banned
They were the protagonists of Namco X Capcom.

Now it all makes sense.

Quick question (first time posting in this thread, I adore P4G and an working through Arena and P3P right now), have the Persona games before 3 aged a lot? I feel like I should play all the games, but I'm not sure I can handle the older games.

They've aged pretty noticeably, but I'll save CJ the trouble of posting to tell you that they actually haven't aged that bad at all and are totally perfect!

Tamanon

Banned

It's a completely different style of RPG. Heavy amounts of dungeons(first-person dungeoning mostly in 1, and isometric dungeons in 2) and kinda bland graphics.

Sophia

Don't play the PS1 version of the original Persona. Persona 1 Portable is a bit of an acquired taste. Both halves of Persona 2 have aged a lot better, and the PSP versions are pretty fantastic.

It's a completely different style of RPG. Heavy amounts of dungeons(first-person dungeoning mostly in 1, and isometric dungeons in 2) and kinda bland graphics.

Persona 2's graphics are anything but bland. I feel that only applies to Persona 1, as it has a bit of an identity crisis as a game.

Tamanon

Banned
Don't play the PS1 version of the original Persona. Persona 1 Portable is a bit of an acquired taste. Both halves of Persona 2 have aged a lot better, and the PSP versions are pretty fantastic.

Persona 2's graphics are anything but bland. I feel that only applies to Persona 1, as it has a bit of an identity crisis as a game.

Eh, I love Persona 2 personally, but it's tough for me to go back to now. Maybe it's just the color scheme.

Meia

I actually prefer P2's character portraits over P3/P4, since their sprites were way more varied.

Um, I keep hearing this, but I don't understand it. I played IS, and there's about as much for each character in that one as there was in 3/4. Less if you count the different outfits they can also have on in 3/4. Certainly is that way looking at 4's artbook anyway. Unless you mean the different directions and poses, then I guess I can understand.

Sophia

It's about the same for all four games. They've all got a variety of expressions thanks to what I assume is Soejima's attention to detail. Only Persona 1 is lacking (and I was HOPING the remake would fix that...)

I love the expressions Eikichi and Lisa have tho. They're so great. <3

cj_iwakura

Um, I keep hearing this, but I don't understand it. I played IS, and there's about as much for each character in that one as there was in 3/4. Less if you count the different outfits they can also have on in 3/4. Certainly is that way looking at 4's artbook anyway.

Maybe he means literally the sprites? I agree the expressions are pretty similar in variance.

Though P1's have, uh, none. (Which lets you use your imagination!)

They've aged pretty noticeably, but I'll save CJ the trouble of posting to tell you that they actually haven't aged that bad at all and are totally perfect!

Appreciated!

PK Gaming

Um, I keep hearing this, but I don't understand it. I played IS, and there's about as much for each character in that one as there was in 3/4. Less if you count the different outfits they can also have on in 3/4. Certainly is that way looking at 4's artbook anyway. Unless you mean the different directions and poses, then I guess I can understand.

Yeah it's the latter. In P3/P4 there's a heavy emphasis on using the same sprite art with different facial expressions. Not that it's a bad thing, I just prefer P2s style more.

EDIT: I can't get enough of Eikichi and Lisa's sprites myself, haha.

And the shadow sprites are goddamn hilarious

akihiko's surprised face always bugged me

so does innocent sin maya's serious business face

the ep version is sort of a "bitch are you kidding me" but in is she looks like she's constipated

e:
CHq5v1b.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Best series EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlus give us PERSONA 5

We're approaching five years since Persona 4 came out. Three years since the game's development was first confirmed.

Made this site just so I have something to stare at to not go mad. The worst part is, I can almost guarantee that Atlus/Index's situation means that Persona 5 won't be announced near TGS, or even be at the show itself.

Always Q1 2014...

there was a six year gap between ep and p3 where we literally had nothing persona-related released
in the five year gap between p4 and p5 you've had every title in the series ported, cartoons, movies, magazines, etc.
quit your bellyachin' and enjoy the things they are giving to you

Meia

there was a six year gap between ep and p3 where we literally had nothing persona-related released
in the five year gap between p4 and p5 you've had every title in the series ported, cartoons, movies, magazines, etc.
quit your bellyachin' and enjoy the things they are giving to you

But I want MOAR.

I dunno if Arena continuing on 4's story and bridging the others was a good thing or a bad thing. Figured good as it meant other stuff was right around the corner. HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom