• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Yeah, they figure all of us in Atlantic Canada will just go to Halifax to see them.
I've been to St John's... Took like 8 hours or more to get there by boat!

I took that boat ride many years ago. It was with my Aunt and Uncle. They had a TV in the van(this was a rare thing back then) and I played Megaman X4 in the van the whole way there.

PK Gaming

Power of friendship; no friends, no power

I disagree, there were a ton of powerful persona users that didn't have any friends.

Adachi and Joker, to name a few

Only wildcard users get stronger in direct proportion to their bonds.

8cg29Tm.jpg

the power of friendship will save everyone

oh wait they all die and then sailor jesus brings them back to life

there are plenty of Persona users who dont have many, if any friends, but of course, most of them are in the p1/2 games, and the rules of how the whole thing works changed since then, so who knows.

i mean maki didn't really have friends and she was the most powerful of all

well i mean i guess she had miss harem queen and mark, but miss harem queen was an awful backstabber and mark just wanted to go to bone town with her so

Sophia

there are plenty of Persona users who dont have many, if any friends, but of course, most of them are in the p1/2 games, and the rules of how the whole thing works changed since then, so who knows.

I think that's something that was only really applied to Fool users, to be honest. Mitsuru is canonically regarded as very powerful, as was Aigis before the Wild Card.

The primary arcana for the user seems to be a big factor in "How does one become powerful?"

i know everyone hates persona 1 but maki's fractured personality is super neat and keeps the story grounded in a way none of the other games really are (although i guess the point of IS was to get hella crazy and p4 at least made an attempt at being grounded).

e:
i meant for this to be a double post sophia

Squire

Banned
i think the indie games during sony's presentation was more a reaction to the xbone's general indie unfriendliness than, like, really wanting those games to shine.

Ell, Sony's been good about indies for a year or more. That was of course part of it, but they also pursuing smaller studios because it's just easy to do. There are already small Japanese teams onboard with the platform.

i know everyone hates persona 1 but maki's fractured personality is super neat and keeps the story grounded in a way none of the other games really are (although i guess the point of IS was to get hella crazy and p4 at least made an attempt at being grounded).

e:
i meant for this to be a double post sophia

Frit-Kun, I always get flak because I defend P1 on here.

your entire personality

Oh, well, I beat Revelations Persona on SEBEC and Beat SMT Persona on SEBEC and Snow Queen. I am going through the game on Hard mode with Reiji now. Gozu Tennoh and Phaleg are so broken. Also fusion tricks to get Maziodyne and Megidoalon at level 18 are pretty easy.

Oh, well, I beat Revelations Persona on SEBEC and Beat SMT Persona on SEBEC and Snow Queen. I am going through the game on Hard mode with Reiji now. Gozu Tennoh and Phaleg are so broken.

the personas in p1 are v. broken in general
my fave is probably pallas athena, who is weak to all magic despite being one of the highest level personas in the game

Sophia

neither of you are japanese and so your use of honorifics is a form of cultural appropriation.

はじめまして!お元気ですかカブ君?

I know some basic Japanese, and "君" / "-kun" is a rather cute honorific to refer to someone, even if it's not appropriate. :p

Marche90

I leave for two days and we almost reach page 400. Wow

Are you guys ready for switching threads?

Also, 18 hours in three days. Man, that game is good. I was hyped for X before but now that I'm playing Xenoblade, the hype for the successor to that game is getting to a ridiculous degree

I leave for two days and we almost reach page 400. Wow

Are you guys ready for switching threads?

Also, 18 hours in three days. Man, that game is good. I was hyped for X before but now that I'm playing Xenoblade, the hype for the successor to that game is getting to a ridiculous degree

it gets worse.
i mean, it keeps getting better and better then dive bombs into awful.

Marche90

I don't like tumblr all that much. Data hog

it gets worse.
i mean, it keeps getting better and better then dive bombs into awful.

Last hours are awful. I'm fully prepared for that. Still, while it lasts, the game is awesome. Hopefully Monolith can keep ut the good parts during the whole game next time.

Meia

I feel bad about Xenoblade. I got fairly far in I think, but had to stop cause of the MMO quest system. Years of playing WoW ruined me.

Game was GORGEOUS on Dolphin though.

And I need to get that wallpaper for my Vita so I can have a persona screen.

Last hours are awful. I'm fully prepared for that. Still, while it lasts, the game is awesome. Hopefully Monolith can keep ut the good parts during the whole game next time.

really, the biggest problem is that the rest of the game is So Good it makes the bad parts look especially awful, even though it's not... incredibly different from the usual sort of JRPG nonsense.

tumblr_mnr3nfmyuo1qis82bo1_1280.png

"Hey guys I returned from abroad, to Lunarville, America. Lets go to the hamburger joint next to the local typical American tree shrine."

"Yo, Ellen, my American homie, what is up, my main woman. Shall we be off to the burger establishment, yo?"

Mozendo

Hello lovelies, long time stalker here.
So I've been working on my social links on P3:FES and now I think I'm dating Chihiro and Yuko (<3)

As long as I hang out with one of them while the other is busy I should be good right?

Also is there an expire date one some of the social links?

Oh, and last question, I missed 2-3 Elizabeth requests. Does that now disqualify me from gaining some special item?

Trigger

Hello lovelies, long time stalker here.
So I've been working on my social links on P3:FES and now I think I'm dating Chihiro and Yuko (<3)

As long as I hang out with one of them while the other is busy I should be good right?

Also is there an expire date one some of the social links?

None other than the natural length of the game. Alternating between social links is a good strategy; just try not to make girls jealous. :3

EDIT- Actually I think Temperance can be missed if you don't start before a certain date.

Oh, and last question, I missed 2-3 Elizabeth requests. Does that now disqualify me from gaining some special item?

Some, yes. A few quests are connected, but not many are completely missable.

Necrovex

8cg29Tm.jpg

the power of friendship will save everyone

oh wait they all die and then sailor jesus brings them back to life

If you're going to mention a "magical girl anime", choose the cream of the crop:

Utena-1-_(2).jpg

<3 Utena (and I just wanted to find a blatant way of bring Utena into this thread!)

Sophia

None other than the natural length of the game. Alternating between social links is a good strategy; just try not to make girls jealous. :3

EDIT- Actually I think Temperance can be missed if you don't start before a certain date.

Temperance can't be missed. Bebe will appear in every event leading up to the end of the game if you haven't finished his social link.

There are no social links that have specific time requirements in Persona 3 FES (or in the male route for P3P, for that matter....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom