• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Honestly, I don't understand women. I always just assumed that they are just like dudes but in female form. Now, I'm starting to think that women live in a completely different culture than men because the way our society has been and in many ways still is. And hell, I can't even begin to imagine the Japanese take on all of this, so I dunno what Hashino & Co. will throw our way.

But yeah, a tough girl and a girl with a severe cognitive disorder would be cool. As for guys, I want a character that is Johnny from Catherine. Speaking of which...

Trigger your avatar reminds me of a convo I had about Catherine 2: the premise is that Johnny is forever alone, but wakes up one day as a woman. Puzzles and nightmares are involved.

armada have you been living under a rock rofl. Men and women are usually so different it's insane and in some fundamental ways thanks to society it's making sure it stays that way. esp japan augh.
*sobs* I just want to be a girl that can date guys and maybe girls.

armada have you been living under a rock rofl. Men and women are usually so different it's insane and in some fundamental ways thanks to society it's making sure it stays that way. esp japan augh.
*sobs* I just want to be a girl that can date guys and maybe girls.

No, I just don't usually think about these things. I only recently, like 5 years or so, only started to slow down and introspect. Persona 4 was a huge part of it, I know that sounds cheesy, but that game was everything to me during a very hard time in my life.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
No, I just don't usually think about these things. I only recently, like 5 years or so, only started to slow down and introspect. Persona 4 was a huge part of it, I know that sounds cheesy, but that game was everything to me during a very hard time in my life.

I see. I am always thinking about stuff like this sob.
:c I understand. Persona 3 came to me during a very tough time in my last relationship which happened last winter and I played Persona 4 a bit more after my relationship ended up burning to the ground this new years rofl. So I know how that is. I've actually been depending on games a lot for feeling okay whoops.

Squire

Banned

I can certainly understand that. I reflected on my high school years a lot my first time through. Mostly on things I regret, but that's okay.

^ You guys, dammit, you guys...

VH34C.gif

Squire

Banned

Jintor

Mine was good too, but it was a boy's only school so that kinda fucked me over for a while, considering I'm not naturally sociable as-is. Still working it out.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
High school sucked.

College kinda sucks too.

GAF is all I have :(

High school = a joke for me as in it was so bad I just laugh at it.
College = better and okay but not as great as I thought it would be in regards to my social, and romantic life and grades. I am a college student right now -u- Just started last fall actually.

D: *hugs you* You're in the workforce now Smedwicks?

High school sucked.
College kinda sucks too.
GAF is all I have :(

Mine too. Outside of a few exceptional teachers, my entire school life was crappy.

High school was probably the worst years of my life.

I can certainly understand that. I reflected on my high school years a lot my first time through. Mostly on things I regret, but that's okay.

I see. I am always thinking about stuff like this sob.:c I understand. Persona 3 came to me during a very tough time in my last relationship which happened last winter and I played Persona 4 a bit more after my relationship ended up burning to the ground this new years rofl. So I know how that is. I've actually been depending on games a lot for feeling okay whoops.

I'll be your soundboard, guys:) Here, or PM, or twitter, or w/e. Over the years, my cynicism and arrogance is fading away and has left me without a reason to not accept anything from anyone.

High school = a joke for me as in it was so bad I just laugh at it.
College = better and okay but not as great as I thought it would be in regards to my social, and romantic life and grades. I am a college student right now -u- Just started last fall actually.

D: *hugs you* You're in the workforce now Smedwicks?

I'll be your soundboard, guys:) Here, or PM, or twitter, or w/e. Over the years, my cynicism and arrogance is fading away and has left me without a reason to not accept anything from anyone.

Yup I'm in the workforce now, but still in college too. I'm a busboy, and that kinda sucks! Although tips are nice, lol.

Also, thanks guys, GAF is definitely one of the-- if not the best community I've come across on the internet, and Persona-GAF is awesome too! You all rock! <3

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Thanks armada!

I play Persona so that I don't have to think about this stuff! Worst subject of discussion ever.

LMAO I was just thinking how this all of a sudden made my mood and probably other's drop. I feel partially responsible so i'm sorry gaf.

Someone change the topic please? But just as a side note if anyone ever needs to talk I'm here for you. I've gone through a lot of things and are very understanding and won't ever tell you to "suck it up" or anything of the sort.

Mine was good too, but it was a boy's only school so that kinda fucked me over for a while, considering I'm not naturally sociable as-is. Still working it out.

Damn, I bet you have some good stories though :)

Oh, I hope Persona 5, if high school, is in a prep-school! The dorms, drama, and rivalries.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I was in a boys only school and it was absolute hell.

Yep. And I know it's like that for a lot of people, but I still wonder how much was on me and how much was just how the dice happened to roll. In truth I was very anxious for most of my first run.

I honestly don't blame myself, I can't. Certain things you can't control, like say... your height. Just imagine being the shortest person in the entire school, everyone else growing, hitting puberty. And then there's me, basically looking like a fucking 13 year old until my senior year.

I don't know how I'm still alive...

Ugh.. this is depressing me now.

johnsmith

remember me
Let's talk about figures instead.
The new Megahouse Rise just went up for preorder. Unfortunately she's super expensive because she's a bandai and megahouse online shop exclusive.
http://p-bandai.jp/megatreshop/item-1000079657/?TOP_A
So you have to use a reseller like http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6771-persona-4-high-priestess-kujikawa-rise.html or a proxy service.

I probably shouldn't buy it, or hope she pops up cheaper on mandarake or amiami, since she's not that great, and I already have Wave's, but I'm going to do it anyway.
ibjlN5qkDY3j75.jpg

You said you were working in Nagoya for a bit Amada, what do you do?

I did cultural acclimation and some translation. Work was hell, like soul crushing boredom and the protocol was ridiculous to me :/ But after work, it was like I was living on some alien planet, everything was so foreign to me and I met so many people. The best time that I had was doing a short homestay in a backwoods town full of Japanese rednecks. This is one reason why I had such a strong connection to Persona 4.

Jintor

Okay guys since we're all being depressed I'm going to go see if I can stream me drawing for a bit and we can hang out in chat or whatever

Sophia

Okay guys since we're all being depressed I'm going to go see if I can stream me drawing for a bit and we can hang out in chat or whatever

I'm not being depressed, I'm being angry at this raid boss we can't down which is taking up my time that could be used playing Persona!

Squire

Banned
Let's talk about figures instead.
The new Megahouse Rise just went up for preorder. Unfortunately she's super expensive because she's a bandai and megahouse online shop exclusive.
http://p-bandai.jp/megatreshop/item-1000079657/?TOP_A
So you have to use a reseller like http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6771-persona-4-high-priestess-kujikawa-rise.html or a proxy service.

I probably shouldn't buy it, or hope she pops up cheaper on mandarake or amiami, since she's not that great, and I already have Wave's, but I'm going to do it anyway.
ibjlN5qkDY3j75.jpg

Ah, she's beautiful. So is the Chie by the same company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom