• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Rest in Piece, my Superhero Samurai Abraham Lincoln toon....

Oh, you played too?

I had so many damn toons, a bunch of 50s too. My favorite was my rad/rad defender and an Ice/Energy Blaster than I specced for melee. SOOOOO much damage haha. It was awesome.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Only mmo's I really played? Shit like Silkroad, some private Ragnarok server...PSU. yep.

PSU has a massive disappointment, for me anyway, I loved PSO and that was great. PSU was way too much of a drag and there was like, no content in the beginning. Same five missions that led no where and it just felt like a huge grind.

It was such a feat for Atlus to essentially reboot the Persona franchise as a convergence of many genres and pull it off with Western appeal is pretty damn incredible. Then, they followed it up with Persona 4.

I have this feeling that Atlus is going to blow up, globally, and on a foundation of their traditional gameplay methodologies no less. Some people will feel sad about it, but I like the prospect.

It'd be nice. It really would be.

Rest in Piece, my Superhero Samurai Abraham Lincoln toon....

There we go!

PSU has a massive disappointment, for me anyway, I loved PSO and that was great. PSU was way too much of a drag and there was like, no content in the beginning. Same five missions that led no where and it just felt like a huge grind.

I actually played it when it was ok, at the end of the AotI cycle and everything was there, it was pretty good then. Still no PSO. I played PSO2 btw, that seemed fun.

I also forgot the PSP games. Specifically PSPO2
and PSPO2 Infinity
are way better than PSU were.

Persona accessories are either total garbage or ultraboost. They should balance them all out and let you equip 3 of them. Like Radiant Historia, the non-Persona Atlus JRPG.

I want some sort of limited Persona switching for party members, PLEASE. OH AND, not game over if the leader falls.

Oh, hell yes!

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Vita PSO better come out. One of my friends is telling me not to sweat it and that it will for sure or something. It better cuz we want to play together.

Also, I want to get P4A bad now so I can play with y'all :"(

Squire

Banned
Random. Like a real man. The characters that I like the most aren't portrayed in a manner that I appreciate.

Play Mitsuru. She's fabulous!

tumblr_m7qrqgjBZD1rzik5eo1_400.gif

C'est magnifique!

Sophia

No party leader death equals game over, and simply have party members have a wider variety of abilities/more unique abilities to offset the fact that they can't switch Personas.

I really liked the customization P4G added, but it was put in a rather roundabout way...

Noi

I don't actually mind Leader Death = Game Over as long as there's actually ways to prevent it from happening. P3FES made Homunculus for Hama/Mudo skills easier to get, P4 added Mortal blows being blocked by party members.. Though P4G kinda goes too far sometimes now that even Rise can take lethal blows for the MC, haha.

Mal!

"Wrong" in French

Also in spanish!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I can only do pretty good against the CPU. :p

I didn't play too much, but I think I managed to beat like two people. :|

Jintor

No party leader death equals game over, and simply have party members have a wider variety of abilities/more unique abilities to offset the fact that they can't switch Personas.

I really liked the customization P4G added, but it was put in a rather roundabout way...

Hey you wanna go catch a movie? WOAH LEVEL UP! Hey you wanna go soak in the hotsprings? WOAH NEW ABILITIES! Why didn't this happen last time we went to a hot springs? Don't ask stupid questions

Hey you wanna go catch a movie? WOAH LEVEL UP! Hey you wanna go soak in the hotsprings? WOAH NEW ABILITIES! Why didn't this happen last time we went to a hot springs? Don't ask stupid questions

Haha, that stuff was great, albeit stupid. Even stupid things can be wonderful.

Exhibit A:

c2IEV.gif

Oh and, I would like the 3 Phys types and 2 missing Element types to come back. Strike, Slash, Pierce, Magna (Earth) and Aqua (Water). Also, unique elemental skills that are NOT the ultimates (Ragnarok, Thunder Reign) should come back too. Where was Conflagrant Wrath, Diamond Dust, Thunder Inferno and Thunder Baptism in P3 and P4?

Sophia

Oh and, I would like the 3 Phys types and 2 missing Element types to come back. Strike, Slash, Pierce, Magna (Earth) and Aqua (Water). Also, unique elemental skills that are NOT the ultimates (Ragnarok, Thunder Reign) should come back too. Where was Conflagrant Wrath, Diamond Dust, Thunder Inferno and Thunder Baptism in P3 and P4?

Exactly the kind of abilities I was talking about. :p

Jintor

The P4A Soejima artworks are fucking amazing. I think the Aigis portraits/pics in particular are god damn excellent.

I hope they bring back multiple phys types.

Sophia

The P4A Soejima artworks are fucking amazing. I think the Aigis portraits/pics in particular are god damn excellent.

I hope they bring back multiple phys types.

I understood after Mitsuru's story mode why Aigis had such a poker face in her P4A expression, and why she got along with Narukami so well.... and yes I want multiple physical types back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom