• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Yup, each character has their own theme. Some were used for battle, some for story scenes.

Off the top of my head... Alone In This World for Yukiko and Time For True Revelation for Kanji.

Great tracks, but I don't consider them themes. Pretty sure most of them only play once or twice in the whole season.

Like, the melody for We Are One And All is reprised multiple times throughout the series, culminating in the vocal version in the final episode. Time For True Revelation only plays in Rise's dungeon though, right?

No, I haven't searched for many Youtube videos of that OST and they weren't included in the game like the original P2 OST was for IS.

The original game had like more than double the amount of songs the psp version does. For example, you know those wierd cutscene like battles you couldn't control and you saw the people gain their Personae? In the remake, they just played the normal battle theme. The original had its own song for those scenes.
Awakening Legend

the original battle and boss themes btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppx1keDjd68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_4kAybjHI (long intro with the actual fight starting at 60s, in the original, the intro part played until you hit battle and it goes to 60 seconds)

Actually kind of funny how P2EPP has a remix of that boss song, yet P1P does not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Le5bJDVKU

FluxWaveZ

Unfortunate how so many of the tracks were omitted; I especially like that Awakening Legend one. Though, I enjoyed P1's PSP OST, so it's not all that bad.

Unfortunate how so many of the tracks were omitted; I especially like that Awakening Legend one. Though, I enjoyed P1's PSP OST, so it's not all that bad.

The ost is not bad but I really wish there was the old OST option. Another thing I don't like is, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBfx55x97sw

Nice song no? In the PSP version this is used for the Abandoned Factory and the Police Station...wait a minute....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnUwrbtgNGQ

A pretty good remix, but why is it completely removing this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn8v6u8EnwI

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Handwriting!

e5oFbKc.jpg

Sophia

Compared to P4Golden hard, how hard is the hard in FES? I'm about to start the game, but I don't want to grind too much.

Significantly harder, but mostly because of differences in gameplay such as not being able to select which Persona abilities you inherit, not having the overpowered shuffle time bonuses, no skill cards, not having direct party control, and the difference in the One More system.

That, and if you fuck up a Persona it's considerably expensive to use the Compendium.

It's not really grindy tho. Unless... you have to use the Compendium. :p

Once this picture I sent from my phone sends to my email, you can all see my horribly scribbled Psychology notes.

Also, speaking of music, I was listening to the Persona Music Live Band and what's Breaking Through from? I honestly have no clue o_O

Noi

Currently playing around with the DW7 Edit mode demo and making Persona characters. There's no footgear for Chie though.. :(

The music to Trinity Soul is totally awesome. Not sure why average mediocre anime always seem to have great soundtracks....

Oh, I like the live band version of Breaking Through, it's just that, at least from what I've been told (and would easily believe), Trinity Soul is doo-doo. Hence the "Oh."

Dantis

It's not so much doo-doo as it is weird. x_X

Pretty much. Some aspects of it were okay. Of the primary five characters, three were actually pretty okay, and some of the friendship themed moments had a distinctly Persona feel to them. The story was gibberish though, and the action was heavily over-anime-ified.

I mean published. It would make it more likely for him to appear. That's why I said 'completely'

This is a strange thing to say.

Kurtofan

Is the Persona 4 anime good?I'm thinking of getting UK boxsets (there are 2 box sets right?)

I only played the PS2 version, I know some voices changed.

I heard it was good, but I just want to be sure.

Currently playing around with the DW7 Edit mode demo and making Persona characters. There's no footgear for Chie though.. :(

A dynasty warriors fan?

BTW, that demo only has the default unlocked gear, you will unlock more pieces in the real game.

Noi

Taking liberties to make Chinese-style characters is harder than I thought.

8472278398_1a2da697a5_z.jpg

8472280382_5313f1426c_z.jpg

8472282942_6bb02fc78d_z.jpg

No drill hair to make Mitsuru though, boooooo.

Noi

Interesting, another Musou fan. My DW7 is on 360, oh well. What characters you like?

To be honest, I've never actually owned a "Dynasty" musou until 7, partially because the huge cast of people with weird names scared me off. I've played Gundam Musou 1-3, Samurai Warriors 1 and 2, BASARA, Hokuto Musou 1 and Warriors Orochi 3, the last of which was the first time I actually got to use the chinese side of the cast, heh.

To be honest, I've never actually owned a "Dynasty" musou until 7, partially because the huge cast of people with weird names scared me off. I've played Gundam Musou 1-3, Samurai Warriors 1 and 2, BASARA, Hokuto Musou 1 and Warriors Orochi 3, the last of which was the first time I actually got to use the chinese side of the cast, heh.

Samurai Warriors was always better until DW7 and SW3. DW6 was a big change, but it represented the Dynasty side stepping up their copy/paste issues. DW7 is a legit good game. SW1 and 2 were really good, 3 was a massive letdown and is just a copy paste of SW2 but with a way worse framerate and slowed down gameplay. Worse stories too.

Just bought the Glasses pack for Arena. My reason: just because. I had some extra PSN money when I bought my PSN card in advance so I could get Darkstalkers Resurrection on day 1, so I thought "glasses time".

No drill hair to make Mitsuru though, boooooo.

Lack of (good) drill hair didn't stop me from trying to make Mitsuru in Tekken Tag 2 a couple of days after I bought the game. Since I don't have a good camera (just my Vita, and taking pictures with that off of my TV comes out like poopoo), I can't post it. Granted I did take some liberties since Tag 2's pretty limited in it's custom stuff. No rapiers to start, so I had to use a standard sword. Lili (who I made the outfit for) doesn't have any skirt/knee-high boot combination, so I took a plaid skirt/knee-high sock combination and made it all black (sadly the plaid still shows up in the skirt). I was able to color a pistol to look like the evoker with no sweat.

Granted Tekken does have drill hair, I dunno, I don't like the way it looks :\

Noi

See, all that is possible because Tekken Tag/Soul Calibur have really good character creation systems. Musou's is pretty limited, more so since I'm only using the non-unlockable parts, haha.

I tried to make Mitsuru and Akihiko, but the they both look nothing like them. ._.

Jintor

They ain't character themes in the anime, they're closer to mood themes. Although Yukiko's lonely-ass lonely song is pretty... Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom