• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Damnit I forgot about FemC

Shove Chie out and shuffle everybody down a rank, FemC is at the top of the list

Most of my liking for her comes from fanart though. And her baller-ass choices to say things.

Dantis

So for a while now, I've been saying that I think Persona 5 might go for an electronic rock soundtrack. Listening to the Metal Gear Rising OST, this is kind of what I had in mind. Except slower, I guess.

EDIT: FeMC shouldn't win as a character, only as a design. Best female design, but she has no way near enough personality to top pretty much anyone.

Ken and Ayase are the only two playable characters I really hate. And mostly just Ayase. I think it's a testament to the fact that she sucks as a character seeing how she doesn't show up in Persona 2. >_>;

I seem to think CJ loves her, which I always found odd. I really don't like her design either.

Sophia

Ken and Ayase are the only two playable characters I really hate. And mostly just Ayase. I think it's a testament to the fact that she sucks as a character seeing how she doesn't show up in Persona 2. >_>;

Two things, 1, she gets better in the Snow Queen quest, and 2, Mark also didn't show up and he was awesome :(

I don't even hate Ken THAT much, he is just simply the least likable one.

So for a while now, I've been saying that I think Persona 5 might go for an electronic rock soundtrack. Listening to the Metal Gear Rising OST, this is kind of what I had in mind. Except slower, I guess.

I dig this, I don't even mind if its this fast, if this is what the boss or battle theme sounds like, but with less lyrics. In MGR, the lyrics don't kick in until the final phase of that boss. Maybe the music could be dynamic.

Soma

PersonaGAF, please help me! I'm working on a drawing and I need to know who are your top five female, playable characters in Persona? Out of P1,P2IS/EP,P3/p3p/FES, and P4/P4G. No Arena, for this drawing.

1. Elizabeth
1. Mitsuru
2. Naoto
3. Yukari
4. Chie
5. Yukiko i guess

Maya and Yukino are slowly making their way up the rankings though but I'm still plowing through Innocent Sin (around 20 hours in and I just beat
Belphegor and Ixquic
)

Sophia

Two things, 1, she gets better in the Snow Queen quest, and 2, Mark also didn't show up and he was awesome :(

In regards to your first point, One multiplied by zero is still zero.

In regards to the second, Mark should totally show up in Persona 5!

I don't even hate Ken THAT much, he is just simply the least likable one.

I'd probably hate Ken a lot less if he didn't
get the best male character killed
and stopped trying to act like an adult all the time.

Dantis

I dig this, I don't even mind if its this fast, if this is what the boss or battle theme sounds like, but with less lyrics. In MGR, the lyrics don't kick in until the final phase of that boss. Maybe the music could be dynamic.

Yup. The full six minute one is excellent, but I figured people would probably only listen to the beginning, and I wanted them to hear the vocals.

Nothing like that garbage in Rising needs to be in P5, thanks.

I think it's absolutely terrific. I can totally see something in that vein in Persona.

Pfft. It's just personal rankings. Nothing to "win" anyway. lol.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm not trying to make out that you were wrong or anything. I'm just, you know, discussing. :p

Jintor

A lil late

tumblr_mia2v2WYLL1ruhjpfo1_500.jpg

Noi

Ack, I keep going into Magatsu
Inaba
with the intent of fighting the boss, but I inevitably either level up, run into gold hands or something else happens and feel the need to go back and save. I'm never gonna beat it at this rate!

Sophia

Not Persona related exactly, but the Devil Survivor 2 anime has a pretty all-star cast:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-15/devil-survivor-2-anime-previewed-in-tv-ad

Hiroshi Kamiya as Hibiki Kuze
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Daichi Shijima
Aya Uchida as Io Nitta
Junichi Suwabe as Yamato Hotsuin
Takahiro Sakurai as Anguished One
Miyuki Sawashiro as Makoto Sako
Fuko Saito as Keita Wakui
Rikako Yamaguchi as Fumi Kanno
Mitsuaki Madono as Yuzuru Akie
Ami Koshimizu as Hinako Kujō
Yuka Iguchi as Otome Yanigaya
Kana Asumi as Airi Ban
Daisuke Namikawa as Jungo Torii
Rikiya Koyama as Ronaldo Kuriki

Granted, guess they were all in the game too.... also a new (very short) TV commercial.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Really? Huh, guess someone added them to TVTropes just recently then. But that's a pretty damn nice cast for an adoption of a spinoff game.

Almost everyone on that list is a big name seiyuu in some way or another.

That's more than likely what happened.

The only Devil Survivor game to have voice was Overclocked.

Noi

lol, went from having to use an entire SP bar to beat Magatsu's third boss to just destroying him in like 6 rounds. Amazing what 10 levels, Debilitate and multiple fusions can do.

Noi

yay, Ameno-sagiri was cake this time. I had a full HP/MP Naoto by the end of the fight, haha.

Voting for Yukiko again!

NichM

Banned
PersonaGAF, please help me! I'm working on a drawing and I need to know who are your top five female, playable characters in Persona? Out of P1,P2IS/EP,P3/p3p/FES, and P4/P4G. No Arena, for this drawing.

1. Ulala Serizawa
2. Mitsuru Kirijo
3. Elly Kirishima
4. FeMC
5. Yukino Mayuzumi

Heropon

Heh, trying to save Maya I forgot about the rest of the list:

1. Maya Amano
2. Mitsuru Kirijo
3. Yukari Takeba
4. Chie Satonaka
5. Lisa Silverman

Honorable Mention: Yukiko Amagi. :)

read the previous posts (guess I'm not lazy after all), looking for top 5 female characters huh. Well I can do that

1. Mitsuru
2. Chie
3. Naoto
4. Rise
5. Aigis

FluxWaveZ

Reading the latest 999 LTTP thread has reminded me how I really, really loved Persona 2: IS' ending.

Regardless of all of the effort the characters go through... No matter how hard they fought and tried to save the world, it's all for naught. You beat the final boss, but that doesn't matter AT ALL because he's not something that can be defeated. Maya dies and the world gets destroyed anyways and I love it.

My favorite endings in the series, in order goes:
  1. Persona 3 FES
  2. Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  3. Persona 4
  4. Persona 4 Arena
  5. Persona 1

Are yours similar?

Top 5 playable females for me, btw, are:

1. Maya
  2. Yukino
  3. Metis

Status