• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen anyone argue that Yukiko was uncaring and mean spirited before. I have seen this argument much more for Chie and Yosuke.

Daimaou

I think it's pretty cool that we can have different interpretations to be honest. In most games, you don't get to see what a character is like in their day to day life, but in Persona you do. It means that you can interpret it in different ways.

Either way, that one thing isn't enough for me to agree that Yukiko is a caring person. Everyone else has something significant that they do for someone else(Often more than one), but with Yukiko, it's stretching it to find anything.

I guess I feel like a lot of her love comes from the fact that she's the game's 'attractive' (To the extent that this applies to an anime picture) character, in the same way that people love Mitsuru, when, as a character, she was actually rather bland and uninteresting.

I wouldn't say I'm stretching to find evidence, it's just that most of the evidence is more subtle and can't really be pointed to directly in the same way? *shrug* We both could probably find more for each of our cases if we combed through the game.

And you're probably right for some of her fans. Some people are drawn to aesthetic designs, some to character arcs, etc.

Well that doesn't excuse the tires

That, uh... That keeps the tire companies in business! Which also stimulates the economy! Yeah!

But those riders need jobs so they can buy tires! She's thinking long term!

Even if they have tires it's not exactly cheap, and besides, if she's thinking of revitalizing business, shouldn't her wish have been for everyone to stay at the inn more often?

This is just downright fiendery.

Daimaou

Even if they have tires it's not exactly cheap, and besides, if she's thinking of revitalizing business, shouldn't her wish have been for everyone to stay at the inn more often?

This is just downright fiendery.

She pops the tires when they're in front of the inn, two birds one stone.

Persona-GAF what's up! I was busy teaching a pal fighting games yesterday so I'm sure I missed out on tons of conversation.

Yukiko talk?

And that Yukiko P4Golden pic? It almost makes me want to get a PS Vita, lol.

I don't think she's boring, but I probably have a bias for her as well. I sort of see her as similar to a number of kids I went to school with, in that they were a lot more sheltered and weren't able to do that much outside of school, until she was finally able to break free of that a bit, which probably came
after her dungeon

Probably just my crazy thoughts though, lol.

cj_iwakura

Finally reached February in P4G. GAF wouldn't load so I'm just gonna go over everything.

Snowflakes is fantastic. I'm so glad I never heard it before I got to it in-game.

Every single group event between beating Ameno-sagiri and the ski trip was great. I had some Yukiko-level snrks coming out of me at quite a few moments in them.

Speaking of Yukiko:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

She just a girl who know what she wants out of life.

Persona-GAF what's up! I was busy teaching a pal fighting games yesterday so I'm sure I missed out on tons of conversation.

Yukiko talk?

And that Yukiko P4Golden pic? It almost makes me want to get a PS Vita, lol.

I don't think she's boring, but I probably have a bias for her as well. I sort of see her as similar to a number of kids I went to school with, in that they were a lot more sheltered and weren't able to do that much outside of school, until she was finally able to break free of that a bit, which probably came
after her dungeon

Probably just my crazy thoughts though, lol.

I wish my pals could learn fighting games. I've tried teaching most of them a bunch of games just on a beginner level so they could try to get into it, but even some of the beginner stuff seems hard to them. Hell, some of them can't even learn P4U. Only two friends I have are good at them, the rest can't even throw a fireball :\

And yes, Yukiko talk and how she is a fiend by wanting to raise taxes :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I wish my pals could learn fighting games. I've tried teaching most of them a bunch of games just on a beginner level so they could try to get into it, but even some of the beginner stuff seems hard to them. Hell, some of them can't even learn P4U. Only two friends I have are good at them, the rest can't even throw a fireball :\

And yes, Yukiko talk and how she is a fiend by wanting to raise taxes :p

I think my problem with fighting games is you need to be a bit "twitchy" and I just don't have the ability to do that. Then again, it could just be the people you face. Sometimes I get bodied, sometimes I'd just narrowly win/lose. Though I always used to beat the shit out the kids from my old neighborhood. (Of course that was with every game)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo10_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo4_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo5_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo6_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo7_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo8_500.jpg

tumblr_mh6l3tla041rtmydoo9_500.jpg

FluxWaveZ

I really do too. Honestly, it was kinda dumb to remove it.

It's interesting watching videos of the "outtake scenes" in P4 and seeing how they clearly implemented Reverse/Broken S. Links but then removed it for the final game. Valentine's Day in P4G was a step in the right direction, but I agree that P5 needs to take it further.

Dantis

I just realised something I want to see in P5:

Non-gimped non-party member relationships.

In my first run through of P4, I went with Yumi. As I recall, the only thing you miss is Christmas Eve, right? But in P4G, you miss loads, to the extent that you're pretty much forced to pick a party member unless you love dropping content. You're essentially penalised for your choice.

In my first run through of P4, I went with Yumi. As I recall, the only thing you miss is Christmas Eve, right? But in P4G, you miss loads, to the extent that you're pretty much forced to pick a party member unless you love dropping content. You're essentially penalised for your choice.

They should introduce TIME TRAVEL so you can spend EVERY EVENT with EVERYONE!

FluxWaveZ

But in P4G, you miss loads, to the extent that you're pretty much forced to pick a party member unless you love dropping content. You're essentially penalised for your choice.

I was surprised how this was even the case with Marie. I went with her as my only romance in my first playthrough, thinking that it would be worth it to experience new content, but I was surprised to learn that she doesn't even affect jealousy on Valentine's Day and that, like the non-party members, you miss a lot if you go with her.

I was surprised how this was even the case with Marie. I went with her as my only romance in my first playthrough, thinking that it would be worth it to experience new content, but I was surprised to learn that she doesn't even affect jealousy on Valentine's Day and that, like the non-party members, you miss a lot if you go with her.

Yeah, I ended up having 3 romances in Golden (yeah, valentines day got kinda awkward when choosing just one) not counting Marie, so the fact her event happened regardless of any prior relationships felt kinda weird imo

Trigger

something something Chie for lyfe something something

The social stuff as a whole got a lot simpler in P4. If the combat isn't going to be too complex than it wouldn't hurt for the social side to have more depth.

I'm guessing that'd be the PS1 version then. Well then it looks like my plan to go full steam ahead on P1 and P2 will go on then (lack of EPP or a decent priced PS1 disc was holding me back, so this is good enough for me)

Make sure to read up on the changed stuff from P1P/ISP to EP PS1, such as P1 character names and such.

Curufinwe

Picking Yumi over anyone but Chiaotzu is unfathomable.

It is gonna be funny when the good ol' Crawing Chaos no longer sounds like he did in P2ISP
and P4A

Also, who the fuck are ellen, brad, chris, nate, and mary?

Dantis

Picking Yumi over anyone but Chiaotzu is unfathomable.

In my original run, I finished Yukiko's, Chie's and Yumi's S Links. Chie was great, but she was a bro and Yukiko is the only character that I actually dislike. And so, Yumi. I liked her S Link a lot too. Much more than Chie's and Yukiko's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom