• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Man. I think I might prefer the P3 (and P3P) OST over P4.

...Huh.

Untitled11.png

FluxWaveZ

Ken doesn't curse. Shinji does. Doesn't someone say "damn" when they miss attacks too? I want to say it's Junpei.

Weird thing to say, but I think the Persona games need more cursing. It's weird how the word "fuck" has never been uttered in the series, especially since there are some characters that I would kind of expect it from.

They made it sound natural in Catherine, so I wonder if it's some kind of aversion to that particular word or something for Persona.

Sophia

Ken doesn't curse. Shinji does. Doesn't someone say "damn" when they miss attacks too? I want to say it's Junpei.

Yeah, Junpei says "Damn" in four of his battle quotes: Failing to finish the enemy off, stumbling, enemy resists electricity via a gem, or getting back up after stumbling.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to hear the electricity one tho....

EDIT: Ooh, forgot about one. If Junpei uses an almighty attack via gem and it gets blocked, you'll hear "Shit, Almighty won't work?!"

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Weird thing to say, but I think the Persona games need more cursing. It's weird how the word "fuck" has never been uttered in the series, especially since there are some characters that I would kind of expect it from.

They made it sound natural in Catherine, so I wonder if it's some kind of aversion to that particular word or something for Persona.

There isn't that much cursing to begin with. A couple of shits here and there, but that's about it. And Shit has basically been toned down from a curse now. It's said a lot in some T rated games.

Trigger

I always assumed that it was a marketing thing. Wouldn't the games more adult ratings if the language got too foul? :p

Yeah, Junpei says "Damn" in four of his battle quotes: Failing to finish the enemy off, stumbling, enemy resists electricity via a gem, or getting back up after stumbling.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to hear the electricity one tho....

EDIT: Ooh, forgot about one. If Junpei uses an almighty attack via gem and it gets blocked, you'll hear "Shit, Almighty won't work?!"

Bless. I thought so. It's been a minute since I played P3P.

FluxWaveZ

There isn't that much cursing to begin with. A couple of shits here and there, but that's about it. And Shit has basically been toned down from a curse now. It's said a lot in some T rated games.

First time I heard that word in a T rated game was in Mirror's Edge. I wondered, "Can they even do that?" When Persona 4's culprit was found out, I was fully expecting him to be the type to curse a bunch.

Real talk Liam O'Brien had some great delivery of the f word in Virtue's Last Reward.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, he did do a good job of that with Dio.

I always assumed that it was a marketing thing. Wouldn't the games more adult ratings if the language got too foul? :p

Well, the ESRB rating of "Language" would be upgraded to "Strong Language", but would that really matter if it gets an M rating anyways? But yeah, maybe it's so that the game isn't perceived as too "adult."

I remember the pre release p3p rumor that the female character could save shinji (which turned out to be true), he would get out of the hospital a few weeks later with an evolved persona, hercules. I so wish that was true. :(

I read the same rumour and yes, it would have been awesome. Saving Shinji and getting his evolved persona, as well as Koromaru getting an evolved persona need to be in the next P3 re-release.

Squire

Banned

You're primarily dealing with teenagers, so probably. "Fuck" is kind of the final frontier of cursing in creative media. Adults hardly use it and much less so teenagers. I always appreciate the casual use of colorful language though, myself.

Noi

I OPENED THE BOX THEY WARNED ME ABOUT. I dunno how this'll go.

I always forget how awesome the Reaper's design is. I wish he had a cowboy hat to match the ensemble.

Edit: Yay, he's dead. I didn't think I could get the ultimate OP weapons until a play through 2, but I'll take it!

I now know how overpowered Buddha felt halfway through his V. Hard playthrough. >_>

neoemonk

Finally got a fusion accident!

I got it trying to fuse a persona I needed for a Margaret request. Simple two persona fusion.

That was incredibly frustrating.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally got a fusion accident!

I got it trying to fuse a persona I needed for a Margaret request. Simple two persona fusion.

That was incredibly frustrating.

That sucks. I was dreading that the entire time I was trying to finish up her SL.

FluxWaveZ

Karen Strassman is fantastic in VLR.

Yeah, I'd say all English voice acting in VLR was pretty awesome (except for maybe Quark). The star for me was definitely Zero III, though.

Persona itself has pretty awesome voice acting, with Fuuka as the only real blight I could point to (and maybe Ikutsuki). Playing through P3P, I almost can't bare it each time Fuuka says something...

Jintor

Weirdly though I got so used to her terrible intonation on P3
I almost didn't recognise her in P4A at all, what with the completely different voice actress

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I'd say all English voice acting in VLR was pretty awesome (except for maybe Quark). The star for me was definitely Zero III, though.

Persona itself has pretty awesome voice acting, with Fuuka as the only real blight I could point to (and maybe Ikutsuki). Playing through P3P, I almost can't bare it each time Fuuka says something...

Fuuka sounds a lot better in The Answer, for some reason she delivered her lines more calmly and less shrillly.

Ikutsuki's voice acting was great in a really cheesy way.

Sophia

Fuuka sounds a lot better in The Answer, for some reason she delivered her lines more calmly and less shrillly.

I dunno about that, her delivery is still awkward. It's just awkwardly calm and it sounds like she's struggling with her voice at times.
The new actress is by far better.

Weirdly though I got so used to her terrible intonation on P3
I almost didn't recognise her in P4A at all, what with the completely different voice actress

Yeah, her voice doesn't bother me at all now. I guess that's what five playthroughs will do to you...

Also, for those of you who have beaten VLR, you get no points for guessing my favorite character. :D Although I'm quote fond of Tenmyouji too.

Noi

I dunno about that, her delivery is still awkward. It's just awkwardly calm and it sounds like she's struggling with her voice at times.
The new actress is by far better.

Also, for those of you who have beaten VLR, you get no points for guessing my favorite character. :D Although I'm quote fond of Tenmyouji too.

Zero III, right?!

Jintor

That voice was her character ==;;

I guess long exposure over time does that to you, no matter how good or bad the delivery is :/

Noi

*frown*

No.
Luna
:p

Oh yes that person too.

I was kidding. :p Luna is the best, I agree.

Noi, it is hilarious that even you passed me, you started way later.

You went on a cruise too!

I've just been on a P4G playing roll this past week, I was idling at Secret Base for too long and just decided that I was done mopping about, haha. Ameno-sagiri kicked my ass too, but I grew 10 levels, fused Trumpeter and streamrolled his ass.

The new third tier Persona spells are TOO GOOD.

Oh yes that person too.

I was kidding. :p Luna is the best, I agree.

You went on a cruise too!

I've just been on a P4G playing roll this past week, I was idling at Secret Base for too long and just decided that I was done mopping about, haha. Ameno-sagiri kicked my ass too, but I grew 10 levels, fused Trumpeter and streamrolled his ass.

The new third tier Persona spells are TOO GOOD.

Fuck Kamui Miracle.

17-Persona3-35-031.jpg

20130216121411copy.jpg

My friend just lent me Nocturne, so I can finally start to branch out of only playing Persona stuff and get into more of SMT. I'll start it tomorrow, pretty excited.

Sophia

What did Oracle actually do again

You got full HP, Full SP, mixture of HP and SP, cured status alignments...

... or both HP and SP go to 1.

Kamui Miracle was far worse. The goddamn thing could basically inflict NIGHT QUEEN on your own party.

What did Oracle actually do again

Oracle N/A After a period of time, either fully restores HP, fully restores SP, cures status ailments, restores HP and SP, or reduces HP and SP to 1. Triggered from the Tactics Menu.

Kamui Miracle 25 SP "Anything could happen..."
Random effects:
All allies and/or all foes' HP and SP fully recovered;
All allies and/or all foes downed;
All allies and/or all foes inflicted with random status ailment;
Nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom