• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Random positive/negatives are the worst possible thing. It's like deathblow in FFVII. The probability plus/minuses just don't stack up.

Sophia

Random positive/negatives are the worst possible thing. It's like deathblow in FFVII. The probability plus/minuses just don't stack up.

Everyone on your party now has 1 HP.

Suddenly, Megidola~!

Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey...

Jintor

It's got to do with price. A turn is an inherently valuable commodity, and wasting it on a random outcome that can dramatically fuck you over is a absolute nothing over a certain outcome in regards to damage, etc.

Sophia

It's got to do with price. A turn is an inherently valuable commodity, and wasting it on a random outcome that can dramatically fuck you over is a absolute nothing over a certain outcome in regards to damage, etc.

Should be a free action that can only activate when the Protagonist has their turn. That way it can never truly screw you over completely like Oracle's 1HP thing. >_>;

Squire

Banned
Those PS1/PS2 classics usually show up shortly after the ESRB register. I remember GTA 3's being like ... a week before it came out.

The landing dates seem to be really hit and miss, actually. GTA 3 was quick, but Vice City and San Andreas were unaccounted for for months. Haunting Ground is MIA.

But Nich said his PS blog post goes up in a few weeks, so EP should be posted shortly before Soul Hackers is out.

Who Reaps the Reaper.

20130215015511.jpg

In other news:

20130216184733.jpg

So, what's all this Persona 2 EP talk about?

Also, I finished this thing I was working on. Thanks to everybody that listed their top fives!

I think next I'll draw the top five guys. Have them doing something with FeMC in it :)

They are bringing the PS1 version over to PSN for PS1 classics, no?

Hah, that burger shirt

Sophia

... okay maybe I'm just being stupid, but who is the girl with the Wild-duck burger shirt? I don't recognize them at all.

Noi

I likely won't get Hardcore Rissette fan on this run cause that'd involve using party members that I haven't touched since I got 'em.

...Hello level 14 Yosuke.

FluxWaveZ

... okay maybe I'm just being stupid, but who is the girl with the Wild-duck burger shirt? I don't recognize them at all.

Pretty sure it's Mitsuru, but I can really only say that 'cause of the hair. Without the fashionable clothes and piercing eyes, guess it's hard to say, heh.

Question time, PersonaGAF, which one of the 3 double team attacks did you guys like the best?

Yukiko and Chie- Two Dragons

20121205185921.jpg

Yosuke and Teddie- Junes Bomber

20130216173918.jpg

Kanji and Naoto- Beauty and the Beast

20130216215546.jpg

I like Beauty and the Beast. Their poses are awesome and the attack itself, with the skeleton is really cool looking.

Sophia

Junes Bomber > Beauty and the Beast > Twin Dragons.

This list may be slightly biased because Twin Dragons trigger virtually every time I needed it where as I hardly saw the other two. >_>;

^According to your list, Junes Bomber is top and Twin Dragons is bottom.

If this was P4 and they had those attacks in there, I would have only seen Twin Dragons too, but now I use everyone, and my best team now is Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, so that's another plus for Beauty and the Beast

That picture is great. I'm assuming it's Mitsuru in the Duck Burger shirt due to the social link "how does I eat burger".

And yeah, I've only seen Twin Dragons, since I've always had Yukiko and Chie on my team since I first got them.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I started PS3 FES on hard for the first time and the mini boss in level 14 of Tartarus is raping me. The worst thing is that I get miserable amounts of exp. for grinding.

I hope Akihiko stops teasing and joins the party already.

Trigger

I started PS3 FES on hard for the first time and the mini boss in level 14 of Tartarus is raping me. The worst thing is that I get miserable amounts of exp. for grinding.

Once Akihiko joins things become more manageable for sure.

Sophia

This is the first boss that basically requires the use of buffs and debuffs. Get a Persona with Sukukaja and/or Sukunda and have your protagonist use it, and try to get a Tarukaja on your main attacker if you can too.

Your goal is basically to get the boss to miss Yukari as much as possible, and Junpei's damage is going to be lackluster without a Tarukaja buff thanks to the way resists work.

Once Akihiko joins things become more manageable for sure.

If you wait for Akihiko, you miss out on the old document. The beginning of Tartarus is designed so that the new party member (Akihiko/Mitusuru/Aigis) can basically help a player who's failed to catch up.

This post highlighting thing is making it very difficult to read post and is hurting my eyes, any way to turn it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom