• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're talking about strange journey in here, did anyone else stop playing it due to it dragging on too long?

I think I finished the
captain jack
boss and saw that there was a lot more of the game left.

I didn't feel like slugging though more, so I just stopped there.

FluxWaveZ

I believe I got to sector 3 or so (
one that looked like a shopping mall
), but then I stopped playing. Not for any particular reason, though. I enjoyed what I played of it and I'm going to go back to it eventually.

Not a big fan of first-person perspective dungeon crawling, though.

Noi

Yeah, I stopped playing it too in the fourth area. I'm surprised I lasted that long given how I normally dislike first person dungeon crawlers.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I beat it. :3

Although... I didn't have much trouble, until the final boss. I couldn't do jack shit with any of my demons. I must have died a few times. I just said fuck it, and looked for some demons online and just finished it. I got that far without using a guide and wasn't really in the mood to grind.

Daimaou

I beat it. :3

Although... I didn't have much trouble, until the final boss. I couldn't do jack shit with any of my demons. I must have died a few times. I just said fuck it, and looked for some demons online and just finished it. I got that far without using a guide and wasn't really in the mood to grind.

Had basically the same experience, that final boss is a huge difficulty spike out of nowhere.

Hey guys, do you want more profanity in Persona 5?

I thought it sounded nice in Catherine, it gave a certain "adult gravity" to the tone. I remember a line that was something like, "How about we work together? How about fuck you, man! I'm not sticking my neck out for anybody else anymore."

Sophia

The beginning of this sounds way too much like Blue Monday, especially at the 30 second mark when it uses the exact beat. Hell, I think the first 30 seconds DOES use the entire beat.

I've been trying to figure out what the name of the song is in there. I've found two songs with identical chorus lyrics, but different music + male singers.

I've been trying to figure out what the name of the song is in there. I've found two songs with identical chorus lyrics, but different music + male singers.
Isn't it the SMT2 disco theme with some beat in the backround?

Cussing can be fine if it isn't overfucking done like a bitch ass punk

Daimaou

So, can I play Eternal Punishment without Innocent Sin? Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but it all makes sense, right?

It's been quite some time since I played EP, but I remember it holding up pretty well on its own and never being too confusing.

Soma

Haha, oh man.

Just got through with Mt. Iwato in IS.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK IS GOING ON

also, I now know the meaning behind the "Innocent Sin" subtitle! (at least i'm pretty sure i do now)

also, I'm actually legit shocked at the
identity of Joker.
Pretty happy I didn't spoil that for myself before playing this.

also also, this game is good.

Okay I'm done for now.

Dantis

So, can I play Eternal Punishment without Innocent Sin? Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but it all makes sense, right?

Yep. The US one was stand alone, because IS never came out in the West, so you should be good.

Not sure why you would do though? Seeing as IS is on PSP.

EDIT: I'd like to see more cursing if it was done right.

Don't think it'll actually happen though.

Squire

Banned
IS is $30 on PSN. If like to play it, but not quite that badly. Especially given it's by all accounts inferior to the original design-wise.

Dantis

Nah pal, you're mistaken. Drastically improved menus and interface, rearranged music by Konishi and Kitajoh, animation skip to speed up battles etc.

The only thing is that they completely nerfed the difficulty, so that grinding isn't generally necessary on normal. If that really bothers you though, you can just crank it up to hard mode.

Squire

Banned
Oh, really? I see. I thought they messed with the mechanics of the battle system itself. If they just phased out grinding, I'm probably in the audience they did that for, haha. I should see if I can get that then. Hmmm.

Omikaru

I quite enjoyed Innocent Sin (PSP), but I'm glad it wasn't as long as the newer games. I don't think I could've held out for longer than 40 hours.

Taruranto

Haha, oh man.

Just got through with Mt. Iwato in IS.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK IS GOING ON

also, I now know the meaning behind the "Innocent Sin" subtitle! (at least i'm pretty sure i do now)

also, I'm actually legit shocked at the
identity of Joker.
Pretty happy I didn't spoil that for myself before playing this.

also also, this game is good.

Okay I'm done for now.

You just reached the best part of the game. It's going to be mind-blowing from now on.

Also, i hope you got the
4 masks on Mt. Iwato,
they are VERY useful later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom