• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Since we're talking about strange journey in here, did anyone else stop playing it due to it dragging on too long?

I think I finished the
captain jack
boss and saw that there was a lot more of the game left.

I didn't feel like slugging though more, so I just stopped there.

Nope. I struggled i bit in the beginning (happened with a lot of DS games, too many things to play) but once i started it, i couldn't put it down. The gameplay was just too good and fun.

I really want Demonicas as a costume choice in Persona 5...

pZrPK1r.jpg

cj_iwakura

So, can I play Eternal Punishment without Innocent Sin? Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but it all makes sense, right?

Don't do this. It was fine back in the 90s when we had no alternative, but now that you can play IS first, you must. You'll enjoy EP twice as much when you see how people in IS changed wildly between the games.

Oh, and I annotated Megaten Bebop a while back to show who's who.

Hey guys, do you want more profanity in Persona 5?

I thought it sounded nice in Catherine, it gave a certain "adult gravity" to the tone. I remember a line that was something like, "How about we work together? How about fuck you, man! I'm not sticking my neck out for anybody else anymore."

I know I'm late in responding to this, but I wouldn't mind this as long as it fits. If it feels forced then I won't want it, but if it feels natural (and that would probably depend on the age range they go with for Persona 5), then I'm fine with it.

Noi

Daaaaaamn, the one time I wish shuffle time cards stacked. Got an Emperor card in a draw, picked Priestess afterward and got ANOTHER Emperor card. Double level ups would have been sweet. :(

Edit: I don't think I'll have any more problems with the rest of the game using this party.

8483035908_963737494c_b.jpg

CrazyDude

Any estimates on when Persona 5 will announced and released? I hope it's for current gen, I don't want to buy a new console so soon.

FluxWaveZ

Any estimates on when Persona 5 will announced and released? I hope it's for current gen, I don't want to buy a new console so soon.

No estimates or hints or anything.

Persona 3 and Persona 4 were both announced in March. Current generation is the most likely for release, with a practically inevitable PS3 release.

Amane is cool and all but most of the DeSu characters are on the lower pantheon of MegaTen characters really.

"I liked Mastema for a little while. "

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Noi

Done with Marie's dungeon. That boss was a lot more enjoyable than I expected, since it's really unlike all the others in the game. Still a cinch with my OP party though!

...This is when the awful scene starts, isn't it?

Dantis

Done with Marie's dungeon. That boss was a lot more enjoyable than I expected, since it's really unlike all the others in the game. Still a cinch with my OP party though!

...This is when the awful scene starts, isn't it?

Yes.

I hated that boss because I don't read Japanese so I had no idea how to fight it. It was a 'Vita is going out the window in a second' moment.

Noi

...Ok, I'm all for the occasional fanservice, but that was really dumb. Where is there even a hot spring in that place? Yeesh.

I'd even be slightly ok with it if it had a proper build-up, but it's literally out of nowhere.

I hated that boss because I don't read Japanese so I had no idea how to fight it. It was a 'Vita is going out the window in a second' moment.

See, that's your own fault. :p

I liked it. Megaten meets Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Well you get to spend more time with them so it's easier to understand their motives a little better.

See, I liked that about 1. The pace and tone was always desperate and rough. It's the exact opposite of 2. In 1, those guys are struggling to even stay alive for a few more hours. In 2, you and your crew are part of this elite crew that has a secret base under the ground or something? What?

Sophia

Devil Survivor has Atsuro, who's awesome. At the same time tho it has Yuzu.... who's not awesome.

One of these days I'll play Devil Survivor 2.... maybe when the inevitable overclocked version comes out.

Squire

Banned
That Valentine's Day scene with Yukiko actually makes more sense if you're going out with her. She adds a "That means you." at the end of it, then this happens.

That makes sense. I don't remember the first my time, but for my second run I only dated her and she said that. I guess I figured everyone gets the exact same scene.

Devil Survivor has Atsuro, who's awesome. At the same time tho it has Yuzu.... who's not awesome.

One of these days I'll play Devil Survivor 2.... maybe when the inevitable overclocked version comes out.

DeSu 2 has Io, who aside from her hilariously sized tits, is the anti Yuzu in characterization, but it also has Daichi, a male Yuzu.

Dantis

That Valentine's Day scene with Yukiko actually makes more sense if you're going out with her. She adds a "That means you." at the end of it, then this happens.

Edit:
NO YUKIKO NO

That's pretty interesting actually.

Also, I love that outfit. Really excellent design.

Weiss

Banned
I hold DS1's story as one of the stronger ones in the series
at least until Overclocked screwed it up
, and it's why I like it more than 2.

DS1 had a small cast of core characters you used for most of the game, a catchy urban techno/rock soundtrack, and a simple yet effective story that had an absolutely fantastic atmosphere that smothered you with dread every minute of gameplay. DS2 improved on the gameplay in every way to the point where the original is almost unplayable, but it's burdened by a significantly weaker story with a bloated cast.

I hold DS1's story as one of the stronger ones in the series
at least until Overclocked screwed it up
, and it's why I like it more than 2.

DS1 had a small cast of core characters you used for most of the game, a catchy urban techno/rock soundtrack, and a simple yet effective story that had an absolutely fantastic atmosphere that smothered you with dread every minute of gameplay. DS2 improved on the gameplay in every way to the point where the original is almost unplayable, but it's burdened by a significantly weaker story with a bloated cast.

It was a fantastic tribute to SMT 1 plot wise at least. BTW, what did Overclocked ruin? Never played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom