• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

I almost one-shot the first boss of the final dungeon on V. Hard with one casting of Hassou Tobi + Power Charge + Dragon Hustle. I'm laughing my ass off right now.

Welp guys, which one do I choose

KrY1wir.png
eUpRW7N.png

I'm aware of the blue lines in the top corner of the first one, and I could throw a background to the second one as well. So yeah, what pick, persona-gaf

Young Magus

Second one looks cooler in my opinion.
About the Persona-GAF game: How the hell would it play?? And what the hell type of character would I be??

Regarding Imagine......you are all actually doing this huh?

Second it is then. Now should I leave it as is? Add a color background? What next guys

actually, nevermind the background idea for now. I should leave it be

"As of roughly 20 minutes after this was posted" edit - Also, holy crap Imagine's taking a long time for me to install. At this rate I'll have to let it install in my sleep. It's already 30 minutes before I'd go to sleep for the day so I won't even get to play until tomorrow

Second one looks cooler in my opinion.
About the Persona-GAF game: How the hell would it play?? And what the hell type of character would I be??

Regarding Imagine......you are all actually doing this huh?

I'll figure it out. I won't let you all down.
Hopefully not.

Also, thanks to a great idea from Armada, I made my profile in Euro Truck Simulator 2 Persona 4 themed! Teddie is driving for Tanaka's Commodities! (He's not that great a driver)

FINALLY, it finished installing

but I'm only gonna be awake for 15 more minutes :\ got school tomorrow, so I shouldn't stray too far past my 1 am usual sleep time. I'll get started after my classes tomorrow.

Noi

Tried to see if I could migrate my old account, but that would involve remembering the password I used as I was a kid so NOPE.

None of my normal MMO names was available, so I went with Arahabaki. Surprised it wasn't taken!

cj_iwakura

I got a new quest from the crazy brother guy. Yay? I'll have more time to dabble in it tomorrow evening. Refreshing to see almost nothing's changed.

Sophia

Gosh, you guys weren't kidding when you said it was basic lol.

WE WARNED YOU.

Truth be told I'd still play Imagine if it was actually updated to be more modern. It's just so far out of date now compared to other MMORPGs. Heck it was out of date compared to WoW back when it was released. :\

Trigger

The combat music is awful too. I got jumped by three ghouls and ganged up in a corner in the first mission. lol, I think my curiosity has been thoroughly sated.

Noi

yay I got a pixie.

...Alright, I'm done with that for tonight. Time to steamroll P4G's final boss.

Edit: This is the first time in P3/4 that I've gotten to a level high enough to fuse Satan. I'm gonna go up to 77 so I can fuse
Magatsu Izanagi
before I beat the game.

yay I got a pixie.

...Alright, I'm done with that for tonight. Time to steamroll P4G's final boss.

Edit: This is the first time in P3/4 that I've gotten to a level high enough to fuse Satan. I'm gonna go up to 77 so I can fuse
Magatsu Izanagi
before I beat the game.

I have Level 99 Helel and im before Hollow Forest

When I was playing Golden, I was grinding to level 90
to fight Izanami
, and then when I was done getting at that level, I thought "Maybe I should fight the reaper for the hell of it.

I stomped him pretty damn easily.

Omikaru

the Opening is very cool

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAzOTUxOTI4.html

don't worry, it's perfectly SFW, you can watch it with mum in the room

LOL.

For Kanji and Teddie they just got two random dudes. So bad.

tumblr_mgfcmeZDnR1r7cqrlo1_500.png

When I was playing Golden, I was grinding to level 90
to fight Izanami
, and then when I was done getting at that level, I thought "Maybe I should fight the reaper for the hell of it.

I stomped him pretty damn easily.

Generally, the Reaper fight is for lv70-ish, I think.

I'm pretty pumped that I'm going to be able to get my hands on Eternal Punishment soon, but one thing I'm unclear about is if it's just a PS1 port, or it's the enhanced PSP edition of it. Was anything solidly said on that and I just missed it?

Noi

Went back to my old save and did a few fights with Kanji, Teddie and Yosuke in the final dungeon, mostly getting their asses kicked. Hardcore Rissette fan popped up in minutes. I can now NG+ with More EXP in peace.

Think you got your money's worth? :p

Best Vita game.

Dantis

Went back to my old save and did a few fights with Kanji, Teddie and Yosuke in the final dungeon, mostly getting their asses kicked. Hardcore Rissette fan popped up in minutes. I can now NG+ with More EXP in peace.

Best Vita game.

Agreed.

What were your thoughts on the new content? As in, all of it, not just the obvious stuff?

To summarize what I've said before, I feel a lot of it is pointless, if inoffensive, with things like Scooter attacks and dual attacks being a complete waste of time. Same goes for things like bug catching and the like. Ski trip is excellent, and adding voices to previously unvoiced scenes is excellent. New dungeon is shit, so is Marie's S Link (Haven't done the other new one still). The only addition I really appreciate is the new costumes. Everything else is take-it-or-leave-it for me.

Noi

Agreed.

What were your thoughts on the new content? As in, all of it, not just the obvious stuff?

To summarize what I've said before, I feel a lot of it is pointless, if inoffensive, with things like Scooter attacks and dual attacks being a complete waste of time. Same goes for things like bug catching and the like. Ski trip is excellent, and adding voices to previously unvoiced scenes is excellent. New dungeon is shit, so is Marie's S Link (Haven't done the other new one still). The only addition I really appreciate is the new costumes. Everything else is take-it-or-leave-it for me.

I really don't see it that way. I feel like everything that was added had a purpose, as small as it was.

We already talked about how some of the bonding scenes in vanilla P4 are ultimately pointless, but they're there to make you, the player, get to see this cast of characters bond and further their relationship together. The scooters are a further extension of this, with them leading to the characters getting their license together, to the beach trip, to giving the player an additional combat advantage so he doesn't feel like those scenes were a waste of time when he could have been social linking instead. I really can't complain about the dual attacks either, cause they incredibly often saved me from having enemies or even Golden hands running away from me after an AoA failed to take 'em out.

Bug catching was implemented well, I thought. It had a dual use (fishing and getting additional stones from Shiroku), took no time from the player to do, and it was a little extra tidbit that got you to know more about Inaba itself and it's local fauna.

The new dungeon was weird, but I wouldn't call it bad. It was a neat gimmick after how OP my party was at that point, with the only change I'd do would be to allow actually getting money from it. Even the boss fight was fun because the dungeon naturally gave me a ton of Break items, so I had no problem with it.

You should do the new ending, I took a moment to see if on the way to True End and it is wonderful. Actually made me curious to see a spin-off that followed the events of that ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom