• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

It's a great (largely non-sexytime) fanservice anime. It's a pretty crappy original thing but the new music and Narukami funtimes is worth seeing.

That and
Yukiko
hugging her Shadow. That was awesome.

Oh, and the
Mitsuo
Shadow episode where
the Investigation Team separates and their friendship ends
. And
Yu's Shadow as well as his confrontation with Margaret

And:
2063596-episode_7.jpg

And...
tumblr_lu3xjtlRVy1qfgbebo1_500.gif

I think I've said this before, but I liked it a lot.

I consider the anime to be a good supplement to the game, but not much other than that. I had fun watching it, but chances are if I hadn't played 4 beforehand, it probably wouldn't have been as enjoyable.

FluxWaveZ

Is Imagine really that bad?

I played it for a bit a few years back. I don't have much experience with MMOs, but I thought it was okay. I liked how demon fusing was an element to the game, but I wouldn't say there was much that stood out from the experience.

Still no fullscreen at any reasonable resolution, lel. Its not terrible, its just not stand out, but it does have demons, fusion, negotiations (done TERRIBLY), the megaten halmarks are still there.

The guy who said that we are in a game or persona hackers is to blame for this, but I really would play this again if you guys were to play it, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Still no fullscreen at any reasonable resolution, lel. Its not terrible, its just not stand out, but it does have demons, fusion, negotiations (done TERRIBLY), the megaten halmarks are still there.

The guy who said that we are in a game or persona hackers is to blame for this, but I really would play this again if you guys were to play it, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

To be fair, I didn't say we are in a game. I said we SHOULD make a Persona-GAF game.

I know the popular thing to say is a Persona MMO, but imagine how awesome a Digital Devil Saga MMO could have been, where you join the factions in The Junkyard, except I bet most people would just join The Embryon.

Sophia

I never played Guild Wars but I'd try this out.

The skill system of the original Guild Wars (picking eight skills) is basically no different than a Persona having eight skills, and the classes/sub classes could be handled by letting every player have two Personae on them at the same time, and swap between them in battle. (Naturally if you'd want to fuse or swap other Personae, you'd have to go back to the Velvet Room and pay a fee...)

cj_iwakura

I played it for a bit a few years back. I don't have much experience with MMOs, but I thought it was okay. I liked how demon fusing was an element to the game, but I wouldn't say there was much that stood out from the experience.

It does have really good music, and some nice environments(aesthetic wise), like Shinjuku Babel, Nakano, and Arcadia.

Alright, I want to know what you guys think about DLC. But not just any DLC, I'm talking about what could occur in Persona 5. In the neoteric gaming landscape, mostly for fiscal reasons, we get DLC in games. JRPGs are not spared.

Let's imagine that somebody put a gun to your head and said, "If Persona 5 absolutely must have DLC in it, what would you prefer this DLC to be?"

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, I want to know what you guys think about DLC. But not just any DLC, I'm talking about what could occur in Persona 5. In the neoteric gaming landscape, mostly for fiscal reasons, we get DLC in games. JRPGs are not spared.

Let's imagine that somebody put a gun to your head and said, "If Persona 5 absolutely must have DLC in it, what would you prefer this DLC to be?"

Costumes. That's the one that makes the most sense and wouldn't adjust the game at all.

I think side story fun stuff would be ok if it was either non-canon or adapted to your save, and if it was nice and meaty.

And costumes too yeah.

Sophia

The Answer. :p

Squire

Banned
The Answer. :p

Didn't really work out, right?

No story stuff. I feel like Marie is an example of what we'd get with stuff like that. I'd prefer they just put their all into the stuff everyone's gonna see as opposed to half-baked side stuff. Costumes would be great. That's about it.

Sophia

Didn't really work out, right?

No story stuff. I feel like Marie is an example of what we'd get with stuff like that. I'd prefer they just put their all into the stuff everyone's gonna see as opposed to half-baked side stuff. Costumes would be great. That's about it.

It didn't really work out because they hid part of the story behind some obnoxiously difficulty enemies. :p

a POS circa 2007 Compaq, never had ANY new parts added to it since it was purchased.

That's my rig.

It can run it, I guarantee you. Imagine is older than WoW.

Before I even start going in on this, how many people even play this game anyway? If the online community is near dead, I probably won't jump in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom