• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 4 Golden finally came out in Australia (and Europe), so I've taken to reviewing it for TGV. So, look out for that whenever I accomplish that.

Also still hemming and hawwing about Arena if that ever decides to come out. On the one hand, Persona. On the other, it seems to play a lot like Blazblue, a fighter whose mechanics I can honestly say I do not like.

Squire

Banned
PS4 reveal was ace. Didn't know about the Stram group or I would've joined you guys! I was in a Google Hangout (which is a neat Skype alternative, it turns out.) 8GB GDDR5 RAM Holy God.

Also: Hi, Connor :)

Dantis

PS4 reveal was ace. Didn't know about the Stram group or I would've joined you guys! I was in a Google Hangout (which is a neat Skype alternative, it turns out.) 8GB GDDR5 RAM Holy God.

Also: Hi, Connor :)

Indeed. GAF has gone a bit mental though. People getting mega defensive on both sides and saying crazy things.

Also still hemming and hawwing about Arena if that ever decides to come out. On the one hand, Persona. On the other, it seems to play a lot like Blazblue, a fighter whose mechanics I can honestly say I do not like.

If it helps, Arena is definitely easier to jump in for the first time than BlazBlue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ahahahaah
tumblr_lta5leUpoe1qi2xylo1_500.gif

Squire

Banned
Indeed. GAF has gone a bit mental though. People getting mega defensive on both sides and saying crazy things.

It was certainly a divisive reveal. I think the people against are acting much more stupid than those for though. Like complaining about not getting a release date and price? When E3 is yet to come? What, is it your first day of video games? Lots of unreasonable expectations about.

I thought it was a great reveal though. If it's priced reasonably and MS has nothing better, I'll be getting the console Day 1.

Hello Ron!

^_^

Dantis

Completely OT post here, so I apologise, but man...

I just finished reading Cloud Atlas. It has blown my mind. I have no idea if you guys have read it (Or even read. Most of the people I know outside of the Internet don't.), but I would highly recommend it.

I'm seeing the film adaptation on Saturday (It comes out here tomorrow), and I am extremely dubious that it can match the novel. I've seen the trailer, and it looks... very different.

Man, I hope that at some point videogames can achieve something as profound as this.

Probably won't happen for a while though.

neoemonk

Very close to getting my first platinum trophy and I'm glad that it's going to be P4G. I only need the hunger link maxed, full compendium, defeat Margaret, and save Marie, and I'm in early February. I might get it done tonight.

btkadams

I do gotta say, they have more games than the Persona series ya know.

but haven't they already announced a bunch of different games in development for the 3ds? i thought maybe the persona series was the only series they hadn't shown stuff off for recently lol. we were told it was supposed to be for ps3, but it hasn't even been announced yet and they apparently have a ps4 game in development.

Omikaru

Does anyone have an image they think I should use for the PersonaGAF Steam group? Needs to be about 184x184 in size. Any help would be appreciated!

Completely OT post here, so I apologise, but man...

I just finished reading Cloud Atlas. It has blown my mind. I have no idea if you guys have read it (Or even read. Most of the people I know outside of the Internet don't.), but I would highly recommend it.

I'm seeing the film adaptation on Saturday (It comes out here tomorrow), and I am extremely dubious that it can match the novel. I've seen the trailer, and it looks... very different.

Man, I hope that at some point videogames can achieve something as profound as this.

Probably won't happen for a while though.
It's been on my book wish list for some time now. I've been reading a lot of Cory Doctorow stuff lately, so I haven't actually been buying books (he gives them all away for free in eBook format on his website, so I read them on my Kindle), but I might shunt it up the ladder on my wish list, all things considered.

It was certainly a divisive reveal. I think the people against are acting much more stupid than those for though. Like complaining about not getting a release date and price? When E3 is yet to come? What, is it your first day of video games? Lots of unreasonable expectations about.

I thought it was a great reveal though. If it's priced reasonably and MS has nothing better, I'll be getting the console Day 1.

Pretty much how I feel on the matter. People are overreacting. I can't even read some threads now because of the errant stupidity. I did peek into one "Could MS be totes amazing?" thread by one hopeful fanboy, however, only to see a junior on his or her way to Bansville after making a tl;dr post. That made my night.

As for the system, I'm sold on the concept and the promises they're making. The horsepower is superb too. What I want to see going into E3 is more games and a reasonable price. Xbox is out for me because I wasn't particularly happy with them in this generation and I've said I'd hold off on a next-gen Xbox until 2014 or 2015. So really, the tossup for me is PS4 or new graphics card for my PC later this year.

Persona 7 development starting in 2019.
Real talk.

Dantis

Only just saw this. I'd actually say that the critical fans have been saying more bonkers things, but I wanted to feign a balanced view. :p

I'm almost definitely getting PS4 as my primary this next generation. I just can't see how MS could top this.

Does anyone have an image they think I should use for the PersonaGAF Steam group? Needs to be about 184x184 in size. Any help would be appreciated!

Use a Persona butterfly!

It's been on my book wish list for some time now. I've been reading a lot of Cory Doctorow stuff lately, so I haven't actually been buying books (he gives them all away for free in eBook format on his website, so I read them on my Kindle), but I might shunt it up the ladder on my wish list, all things considered.

Definitely, definitely worth reading. It is excellent beyond belief. It's one of my favourite books ever. The book is a basically a series of dominoes, and then they all collapse on the final pages and your face melts when you realise how it all ties up.

Don't read anything about it, and don't watch the film. Approach it fresh, and be amazed.

Omikaru

Use a Persona butterfly!

Definitely, definitely worth reading. It is excellent beyond belief. It's one of my favourite books ever. The book is a basically a series of dominoes, and then they all collapse on the final pages and your face melts when you realise how it all ties up.

Don't read anything about it, and don't watch the film. Approach it fresh, and be amazed.

Done! Found some cover artwork from the Persona 1 CD that seems like it'll do for the time being. May find another image at some point and put PersonaGAF text in there instead. Maybe. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PersonaGAF

And yeah, after that description I'm going to read it next.

Jintor

Christ D I was going to read a pratchett book after I finish this book on international law, but Cloud Atlas has been on my shelf for half a year now

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

WHY DIDN'T WE GET TO SEE IT OMG WHY SONY U SUX.

I do have a steam account from when I had the delusional idea that TF2 might be able to run on my PC, but I forgot my log-in information. Does Steam have some sort of "can't remember password" thing?

Jintor

As someone who gets systems for the games on the systems that PS4 reveal was lacking. Whatever, first day announcements.

Thought this article was great though.

Sony’s tired thesis, the notion that more technology necessarily produces innovative artistry, was convincingly refuted by the content of its own event. It was like watching the Flat Earth Society unveil the year’s hottest new globes.

Snrk.

Squire

Banned
Only just saw this. I'd actually say that the critical fans have been saying more bonkers things, but I wanted to feign a balanced view. :p

I'm almost definitely getting PS4 as my primary this next generation. I just can't see how MS could top this.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm still very interested to hear what MS has to say, but Sony sold me on their vision. It seems like they get it.

I've been very frustrated as a PS3 owner, but very satisfied as a Vita owner, so I was already extremely hopeful for PS4 based on my experience with the latter. I can't wait for E3 to see what else they have at launch. Hoping at least one RPG is available.

Dantis

Done! Found some cover artwork from the Persona 1 CD that seems like it'll do for the time being. May find another image at some point and put PersonaGAF text in there instead. Maybe. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PersonaGAF

And yeah, after that description I'm going to read it next.

Do it!

It's really good. It's like, very poignant and understated, and at the same time, so vast. Man, what a great book. I'll resist saying any more about it in case my hyperbole accidentally spoils something, haha.

Christ D I was going to read a pratchett book after I finish this book on international law, but Cloud Atlas has been on my shelf for half a year now

Read Cloud Atlas!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm still very interested to hear what MS has to say, but Sony sold me on their vision. It seems like they get it.

I've been very frustrated as a PS3 owner, but very satisfied as a Vita owner, so I was already extremely hopeful for PS4 based on my experience with the latter. I can't wait for E3 to see what else they have at launch. Hoping at least one RPG is available.

I'm totally expecting Versus XIII to be a PS4 title. And considering how long they've been working on it, it could easily be a launch title.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I think the worst part of the event was jon blow followed by David Cage.

I could smell the douche all the way from New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom