• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Hooray, so that's how you make Steam make a noise if someone speaks in PersonaGAF chat. Now I'll stay in there all the time!

Levito

Banned
1359866772531.png

H.R. Giger presents his rendition of Nanako.

Levito

Banned
It's impossible to make "big bro" not sound cute, Nanako could be vomiting up split pea soup and that would still be adorable.

Also Ron got THIS stuck in my head on twitter. (Don't click it if you wish to remain sane)

Squire

Banned
Man, that song is the truth. You should thank me, Levito! You know it!

X-2 is great. For almost none of the reasons X is great, but I genuinely quite like that game on it's own.

What do you guys think of the games NISA just announced? Time & Eternity looks like a flash game during gameplay. I mean, wow.

Dantis

Surprised there isn't more Yosuke/Labrys fanart.

Hmm? Why?

I feel like I'm missing something.

It's impossible to make "big bro" not sound cute, Nanako could be vomiting up split pea soup and that would still be adorable.

Also Ron got THIS stuck in my head on twitter. (Don't click it if you wish to remain sane)

Don't get me started on X-2. Eurgh.

What do you guys think of the games NISA just announced? Time & Eternity looks like a flash game during gameplay. I mean, wow.
They all look pretty weird, which sounds about right for NISA. I have Disgaea 3 for the Vita, but I've barely touched it. I find the art very off-putting.

Squire

Banned
I'm think I'm more "meh" on the art in NISA's games, but I understand the sentiment since it's the same issue I've have with the Tales games. Ugh. Can't deal with the whole "moe" style.

Dantis

Haha, I just watched the trailer for Time and Eternity.

What. The. Frack.

Travis Willingham's Patrick Seitz's? VO in the trailer was creepy as hell too, haha.

Omikaru

I remember the Japanese Time & Eternity trailer, and I think the Western one lived up to it in all its terribleness. I'm not sure if I want it, but then I've had stranger things I've felt compelled to buy lately. I'll see how the gameplay looks.

As for Disgaea... eh. I tried one of them on PSP and I couldn't get into it. Never bothered with the series since.

Daimaou

I loved the first Disgaea. The sequels weren't as good though, with the caveat I didn't play 4.

Time and Eternity is supposedly awful.

Sophia

Time and Eternity looked like it had potential at first, but then they started showing all those perverted images and stuff.... :\

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hmm? Why?

I feel like I'm missing something.

I think in his route he mentions that she was cute and he wouldn't miss a girl looking like that running through the school.
Pre Labrys' reveal

Time and Eternity is supposedly awful.

This is what I heard as well.

Kinda want Disgaea D2. I love me some SRPG and it's fun to play for just the main story, you don't have to super grind, unless you want to hit the upper echelons of the game. Which is just ridiculous.

Sophia

Aw, man! :(
It sounds so good, great Anime graphics, Groundhog Day story (I usually love time travel settings) etc. How could they've messed it up?

By playing every single trope in the book so straight to the point of cliche and disgust. The characters are flat, the story has nothing to it, the male cast are stupid, and the female cast end up in perverse situations for no reason.

And someone should probably clue Imageepoch's character designer in that pink doesn't look good on a red-head. :p

Marche90

Honestly, I'm not really interested in Toki Towa. It never clicked with me to begin with. Have you seen the world travel? Ugh...

Still, the other two games, they do seem like pretty good and I'm very intrigued about the concept of Paradox.

Also: missed all the conversations yesterday. Dear god that song. Creepy, but still can't help but to listen to it. It commands me to! .__.

Lusankya

By playing every single trope in the book so straight to the point of cliche and disgust. The characters are flat, the story has nothing to it, the male cast are stupid, and the female cast end up in perverse situations for no reason.

And someone should probably clue Imageepoch's character designer in that pink doesn't look good on a red-head. :p

Damn it. I mean, I actually like fanservice to a certain degree and I don't even dislike this picture. But I guess for such a game a more serious approach would have been necessary.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm a blonde, so no. :p

Pink is widely regarded as the one color a red-head shouldn't usually wear. Greens/Blues/Whites look much better and don't clash with your hair!

Oh.

I don't really pay much attention to that kinda thing. >_>

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Who's voice is that anyway? It sounds familiar, probably because he's done so much voice work. But for the life of me can't remember who it is.

lol Nyarl, gotta love them rumors

And yeah the game suddenly looks less interesting than the first screenshot that was posted earlier (not the tentacle one)

One of the best things about P4 (and P3) really, is a little touch, a nice one. You follow the lives of all these unimportant NPC's for a whole year and its really interesting and nice. Spacey Girl and Rumor Loving Boy for example.

Sophia

Neither do I, typically, but now that she mentions it, it does make perfect sense.

Well, the outfit's not as offensive as it could be. Or at least, it wouldn't be if not for the blonde-haired transformation split personality thing where it looks out of place for different reasons. >.<;

Some Japanese designers are really really bad about fashion. :S

Daimaou

Well, the outfit's not as offensive as it could be. Or at least, it wouldn't be if not for the blonde-haired transformation split personality thing where it looks out of place for different reasons. >.<;

Needs more belts and zippers.

Dantis

Kaneko.

As an aside, Soejima's fashion sense is mostly excellent. There are few duds, but generally, it's above most game art.

Genuinely, when you say things like this, it makes me wonder how you dress in real life, haha. :p

I picture you wearing Kaneko style matching outfits.

I dress like a normal person. I don't dress like characters I like man! I don't think Kaneko is "fasionable", I think his stuff is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom