• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm finally in the
Hollow Forest.
I see what they were going for, and the dungeon itself is beautifully designed, but this is sort of odd...

Daimaou

Well I'm finally in the
Hollow Forest.
I see what they were going for, and the dungeon itself is beautifully designed, but this is sort of odd...

I kind of ruined that dungeon for myself.
I did the Kaiwan Fusion Forecast trick early on, so all my good Persona had Victory Cry.

Taruranto

Do
not
play EP before IS.

Also, demon contracting is very fun and those who dislike it clearly don't get it.

3ZGfgjX.png

Do
not
play EP before IS.

Also, demon contracting is very fun and those who dislike it clearly don't get it.

3ZGfgjX.png

I also recommend looking up the original P1 translated character names after you finish Innocent Sin before you go into Eternal Punishment so you wont be surprised or confused when they suddenly start referring to Kei as Nate or Reiji as Chris, etc, etc.

cjkeats

Do
not
play EP before IS.

3ZGfgjX.png

I don't get it, and that's exactly why I hate it. It's barely explained and it's seemingly random. How am I supposed to know that Ukobach wants to discuss manliness?

Also, Fuck Kyubey.

Dantis

I don't get it, and that's exactly why I hate it. It's barely explained and it's seemingly random. How am I supposed to know that Ukobach wants to discuss manliness?

Also, Fuck Kyubey.

In the PSP version of P2, at the very least, it wasn't random. I used a guide for it because I couldn't be bothered to deal with it 'properly', haha.

I agree that it's badly designed though. I see what they were going for, and when replaying the old games it doesn't bother me too much. Carrying over to P5 would absolutely be a mistake though. If the choice was between S Links and demon negotiation, then there really isn't a choice at all.

cjkeats

In the PSP version of P2, at the very least, it wasn't random. I used a guide for it because I couldn't be bothered to deal with it 'properly', haha.

I agree that it's badly designed though. I see what they were going for, and when replaying the old games it doesn't bother me too much. Carrying over to P5 would absolutely be a mistake though. If the choice was between S Links and demon negotiation, then there really isn't a choice at all.

Yeah, like I said it was "seemingly" random. I guess it was more random in the sense of I was picking random options when I talked to them because I had no idea what to be doing. I'm gonna use a guide when I try to play through them this time.

S-links are my favorite, I just rather relationship building over anything else. Just look at the new Fire Emblem. I spent hours grinding relationships instead of stats. I don't think Demon Negotiation will ever come back to Persona, it'll stay with the mainline SMT games though (and they can stay there), because I can only imagine the meltdowns some people would have if they got rid of them. lol.

Soma

I'm actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying the Contact mechanic in Persona 2. It's like one of the few games where I'm trying to stop myself from grinding so much. It'd be awesome to bring it back in some shape or form in P5. Even better would be bringing back Demons as enemies instead of Shadows because fighting the same 7-8 enemies with a different color pallete kiiiiiinda gets boring after a while.

To be fair though, the further I get into IS, the more I notice a few pallete swaps of demons/personas but it's not as blatent though.

Taruranto

Also, Fuck Kyubey.

Demon design/Their Arcana/Personality traits.

There are some obscure demons, but most of the time i never had problems guessing the right combination.

lilty

First time posting here, so sorry if this question has been asked many times.

Is Atlus working on p5? If they are, do we know anything about like what systems it will be on and any other details? In the last year and a half I played through both P3 and P4G and loved both of them and now I'm itching for some more Persona in my life.

FluxWaveZ

First time posting here, so sorry if this question has been asked many times.

Is Atlus working on p5? If they are, do we know anything about like what systems it will be on and any other details? In the last year and a half I played through both P3 and P4G and loved both of them and now I'm itching for some more Persona in my life.

Persona 5 section of this post is all we know, so we know practically nothing.

Levito

Banned
Pretty sure I already know the "big" spoiler.

Someone once described the show to me as "Anime's equivalent of The Wire", quite a statement. It's on Crunchy Roll so it's on the list.

Sophia

Oh pish-posh. You guys already said it wasn't that big a deal!

Honestly, I could probably just wait if IS is really required playing. Gonna get Tomb Raider next week already.

If you already know the end plot twist, I guess you could start with EP. It's better to start with IS tho.

Levito

Banned
Yeah apparently Tomb Raider is awesome, and everyone is shocked for some reason. Aside from the whole sexism controversy last fall I thought everyone thought the game looked awesome, guess not though?

It looks fantastic. Kind of baffled as to why people were expecting the worst, so much cynicism in amongst gamers these days.

Squire

Banned
Yeah apparently Tomb Raider is awesome, and everyone is shocked for some reason. Aside from the whole sexism controversy last fall I thought everyone thought the game looked awesome, guess not though?

It looks fantastic.

Good lord, that was fucking infuriating. It was fair game to start. Someone made some questionable commentary and people did that just that - question it. After that though people asked for context, got it, and then proceeded to ignore it.

As an aside, I'm so excited for Tomb Raider.

Me too, me too. Was excited from day one, but I've been a bit worried since E3. Great to hear Pratchett apparently delivered on the plot and the combat is well-made.

Dantis

Good lord, that was fucking infuriating. It was fair game to start. Someone made some questionable commentary and people did that just that - question it. After that though people asked for context, got it, and then proceeded to ignore it.

Yep. Another case of the Internet jumping on a non-issue.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

It looks fantastic. Kind of baffled as to why people were expecting the worst, so much cynicism in amongst gamers these days.

Apparently because it is DARK AND GRIM OMG NOT LIEK ORIGINAL TOOMB RAYDER.

Levito

Banned

Gamers: "We want characters with more depth, not just badasses, how about a character arc here or there!?"

*Tomb Raider does just that*

Gamers: "WTF Sexist bullshit Lara Croft was a badass and we didn't need to know why she was a badass RRAAAAAAAAAA!!"

No one cared to wait and actually play the god damn game before claiming it was actually sexist or not.

That all said I'm really sympathetic towards how unfairly women are getting treated in the industry, and how poorly women are portrayed in a lot of videogames.

Squire

Banned
Even knowing the ending twist and the major twists doesn't replace actually playing and experting it, how the characters grow and all the world-building.

I agree completely. It's not my intent to never play IS, but it's $30 on PSN. It's a little steap.

I'll probably wait.

Levito

Banned
It's not just P2 that's a tad overpriced, a lot of PSP games are way too much on PSN still. Sony needs to lower the prices on PSP games considering the back catalogue is one of the biggest draws to the Vita.

FluxWaveZ

I do hope Atlus have an increased presence in the console domain in the next generation than they did in the current one. They only released 1.5 console games this generation in the 7-8 years it lasted.

Handhelds are great and all, but the games for those are naturally smaller in scale. With an internal engine that they developed for the next Persona game hopefully being made primarily for console development, I hope we see some more ambitious titles from them.

Guess I should put this here:

Neat, thanks.

cjkeats

I'll post what I said about the "Unusal circumstances" from the other thread.
I mean, that's not even an explanation, that's dancing around the issue. Nich pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom