• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Mbrill82

Very excited for this, Amazon says it will be here tomorrow. I've had the Special Edition pre-ordered since mid-June and I'm usually never a pre-order (or Special Edition for that matter) kinda guy.

Does anyone know if the New 3DS XL that just came out in some parts of the world will for into the case that comes with this? Is the new XL bigger than the original one in any significant way?

Also, WOW Erin Fitzgerald is super-cute

scy

I somehow didn't know anything about this game.

...guess I need to be prepared to do some math for this. oboy

Jeels

So what's the party system in this game, looks like five to a party? Will be hard to choose who I want with such a big cast. ;_;

Kyuur

GAF, I love EO and Persona 4. I haven't yet played P3. Should I play that before this? :( Non controllable characters has been keeping me away.

Ourobolus

Banned
Goddamn I totally forgot that this was coming out so soon. I'm going to have to break my deal of not buying any more games this year...urgh.

Sakura

GAF, I love EO and Persona 4. I haven't yet played P3. Should I play that before this? :( Non controllable characters has been keeping me away.
You don't really have to. Just watch the dumb movie or something so you at least kind of know who the characters are.

Rutger

Banned
I love Etrian Odyssey.

I love Persona 3 & 4.

The only thing I could be more excited for would be some kind of crazy crossover between Fire Emblem and SMT.

I can't wait to start playing this, Persona games could really benefit from EO's dungeon designs.
That Risky difficulty is calling me.

Oh man, It's actually here! I haven't played EO much, but I've heard great things from friends, and a fanservice farewell to the casts of P3 and P4 is gladly welcomed.

The decision now is between the protagonists. I like P3MC's design more, but I like the P4 battle theme better. Hmmmm.

If AI characters is such a big deal, then just play P3 PSP.

Yeah, and it has FemC route with party member links anyway.

I'm still debating between going Hard or Risky difficulty.

I didn't even know this was a thing either.

There's a lot of catching up to do, I hope you at least know about today's EO announcements, anyways it's nice to see you. (I know you're in the Manga thread at least but I never post, I just lurk it all the time haha)

scy

There's a lot of catching up to do, I hope you at least know about today's EO announcements, anyways it's nice to see you. (I know you're in the Manga thread at least but I never post, I just lurk it all the time haha)

Yup. Now I get to figure out if I want this digital (so I can play tomorrow) or get it physical and play Wednesday.

Hm.

mollipen

My review over on EGM is now in the OP, under some weird pseudonym "real name" I'm forced to write under. *heh* Thanks Volcynika!

Hugstable

Banned
I wish my backlog wasn't so huge right now, I just want to buy this game and jump right on into it, but I might have to wait until next year. I need my dungeon crawling fix

Lunar15

Not to rain on the hype parade, but despite being a huge Persona fan, I have to say that this looks a bit slow for me. I know I know, that sounds like filthy casual nonsense, but it's true in my case. These games have an audience for sure, but I just don't think I'm part of it.

Also, the whole spinoff thing kinda bothers me, a lot of the footage looks like there's some hardcore flanderization going on. I think I saw Chie only talk about meat. Kinda burnt out on P4/P3 characters right now.

PK Gaming

Alright! Now that I can actually buy this game, my hype levels are through the roof.

tumblr_negen0lNSp1rzydp1o1_500.gif

Just a few more hours...

enoki

Ooo, nice. I just searched for this thread a few hours earlier and was disappointed!

I put down some more cash on my system and CE this afternoon, and tomorrow I'll trade in the cute poptart for a beautiful Grimoire.

Bardiche

Currently on the second dungeon after fighting some
F.O.Es

Post teams everyone!

Front: Yu, Kanji, Koromaru
Back: Zen & Rei, Yukiko

I'm enjoying the game so far, I just wish this wasn't released along with Alpha Sapphire since I'm tempted to start Alpha Sapphire.

mollipen

Not to rain on the hype parade, but despite being a huge Persona fan, I have to say that this looks a bit slow for me. I know I know, that sounds like filthy casual nonsense, but it's true in my case. These games have an audience for sure, but I just don't think I'm part of it.

So, I addressed this in my review, but I almost feel like this seems more old-school Persona than some of the latest games—and I think that could, indeed, be a sore spot for some. If the dungeon mapping doesn't click with you, then this game is going to be slow, and if you also don't appreciate the more wackiness of the cutscenes on display here, then it's be reeeeally sloooooow.

In terms of your Chie complaint, I can see that, but I also found the more fanservice-y nature of the game kind of fun (where I was worried about it before). Chie's comments on meat in this game are so ridiculous at times that I can't help but love them.

Also, the whole spinoff thing kinda bothers me, a lot of the footage looks like there's some hardcore flanderization going on. I think I saw Chie only talk about meat. Kinda burnt out on P4/P3 characters right now.

Some characters suffer more from flanderization than others. Akihiko in particular is incredibly one note now. Overall I don't think it's too bad though, it's certainly better than Ultimax.

Seda

In general, the game does have a tendency to double down on individual character quirks. It's not too unexpected though, considering the large cast and the tendency to throw references at the player. Akihiko and Chie are some of the worst of it.

Saying that the characters are slightly watered down is valid, I think. It does get a little better nearing the end-game.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm going to have to co-op one of my kids ds for this. I have over 100 hours in both P3fes and P4golden.

Top Bottom