• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

I've only played P3P male route and unfortunately the visual novel style didn't really work for me.

I love it, it's the reason I have replayed P3P several times, it was fresh to see P3 in another way and it pretty fast paced which is awesome for a handheld game.

On the other hand Persona 4 Golden is too similar to P4 and I haven't gone that far into that game. I should try again, but now I'm stuck playing Persona Q for a while.

How I'm going to balance playing this, Smash Wii U, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Dragon Age: Inquisition escapes me. But, fuck it, I'm in. Pre-order paid off and should arrive oh Thursday along with PKMN and Smash.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But what if I want Mintao and Seta together, OP? WHAT THEN!?

Raytow said:
Can you have both MC in a party?

That's what I want to know.

But what if I want Mintao and Seta together, OP? WHAT THEN!?

That's what I want to know.

Yes, after the first dungeon you can have both MCs in a party together.

and since I don't think it got answered earlier, you can choose which navigator you want regardless of your starting party. You can also split the roles between dungeon crawling and battles, so you can use both Fuuka and Rise at the same time if you desire.

Beckx

Yes, after the first dungeon you can have both MCs in a party together.

and since I don't think it got answered earlier, you can choose which navigator you want regardless of your starting party. You can also split the roles between dungeon crawling and battles, so you can use both Fuuka and Rise at the same time if you desire.

Oh, HELL YES.

Both MCs, Aki, Kanji, Junpei. Both navigators.

This is the best. of all time. ever.

KarmaCow

I kinda forgot this was coming today and I just got a Wii U with 6 games to play. I don't want to miss out on playing it with everyone but putting off a new condole for 40+ hours will be tough.

Gonna wait patiently for my premium wild cards edition to arrive.

Well maybe not that patiently.

Thanks for this, Atlus. I won't need to talk to my relatives at all when I visit them for Christmas now.

daveo42

Banned
Ugh...not gonna be able to play this till I get home later tonight. Maybe it's time I start thinking about who I want in my party now so I don't slave over it when I get home. At least I know I'm going P3 MC to start off with.

Persona Q certainly has a better story than any EO title, because Etrian Odyssey games usually don't have one.

Every EO game has a story, they just aren't narrative heavy ones, I'm a big fan of almost every EO storyline so far.

I haven't played it but Persona Q is going to have to be really good to top EO3 story wise for me. I don't know anything about it but I'm expecting it to be a fanservice game and maybe even pull the lol it was a dream ending, so it migt not even get close.

The game has Aigis, so I know I'll love it no matter what but probably not as much as an EO title.

GulAtiCa

Will have this by time I get home. Ordered the special edition game box set thingy and pre-orded the 3DS XL system from Gamestop.

Venfayth

Still waiting for mine to show up. Should be here around lunch.

Can you switch between Fuuka and Rise for support? Rise is obviously #1, but Fuuka was pretty awesome too.

Strategically speaking if Rise allows you to move before enemies, that's great for short encounters. However in a prolonged fight healing is probably more beneficial, unless I'm missing a point of the battle system.

Pretty nice that we get this the same week in the UK as the US do.

Still annoying that I have to wait until Friday when everyone else gets it today.

Also, I keep seeing people say that it's like 80 hours long, and I wonder how accurate that is. I'll be very surprised if it takes me 80 hours to get through it.

I can't remember which review I read - but it said to expect around 60 hours your first playthrough and if you go through again it should be significantly shorter.

Been playing for some hours. Loving it so far.

Specially the FUCKAWESOME BATTLE THEME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXl4lrqdeI

This song is bananas!

I'm in Europe so I won't have my copy until Friday-Saturday (or even later...). This is easily the game I've been looking forward most to since it was announced
pah to Persona 5 and DAN, this is what I want

I'm still undecided to what my party will be, what MC I'll use my first playthrough and how much of a big dick g am I to play in risky or not as risky.

ohlawd

lol I only have an hour at most to play this game today. fuck everything.

this must be karma for dissing Goddess Fuuka.

PK Gaming

Still waiting for mine to show up. Should be here around lunch.

Can you switch between Fuuka and Rise for support? Rise is obviously #1, but Fuuka was pretty awesome too.

Yup, you can easily switch between them. There are 2 support slots actually (1 for Combat and 1 for dungeon crawling).

Strategically speaking if Rise allows you to move before enemies, that's great for short encounters. However in a prolonged fight healing is probably more beneficial, unless I'm missing a point of the battle system.

Actually, it's the other way around. Random battles won't require Rise's Spotlight ability since most enemies are slower than the PCs, and free healing from Fuuka is rather nice. On the other hand, the ability to move before bosses is invaluable. You can do all sorts of things like set up buff spells immediately (useful against heavier bosses), Power Charge on a slow fighter and guarantee they land a hit next turn, and even emergency heal if your healer is slower than the boss. They're also pretty useful against FOEs, since if you're not strong enough to fight one you can have all 5 of your PCs attempt to run away before getting rolled.

Can't wait to get off work today.

I'm going to pick the Persona 3 Protagonist route first. Not sure who I'm going to put in my party yet.

abrack08

Will be tough to pick a party... most of my favorite characters belong in the front row (Chie, Junpei, Kanji, Akihiko). Also torn on which side to pick, I like the P3MC better but prefer the P4 side battle theme. Decisions decisions...

Anyone know if there are special party interactions? If I bring along Junpei and Yukari, or Chie and Yukiko, will I get special dialogue?

Oh well, I have a whole extra day to decide.
Stupid Best Buy shipping not being release date delivery

Yup, you can easily switch between them. There are 2 support slots actually (1 for Combat and 1 for dungeon crawling).

Actually, it's the other way around. Random battles won't require Rise's Spotlight ability since most enemies are slower than the PCs, and free healing from Fuuka is rather nice. On the other hand, the ability to move before bosses is invaluable. You can do all sorts of things like set up buff spells immediately (useful against heavier bosses), Power Charge on a slow fighter and guarantee they land a hit next turn, and even emergency heal if your healer is slower than the boss. They're also pretty useful against FOEs, since if you're not strong enough to fight one you can have all 5 of your PCs attempt to run away before getting rolled.

On the other hand, moving after enemies can have advantages too, since you won't get knocked out of boost state.

Busaiku

The Wild Cards edition was 100% worth it just for the few pieces of Koromaru art.
I'm gonna die.

Though the case looks and feels great, the 3DS XL gets too much room in there.
It moves in the case, which leads me to worry.

antibolo

Banned
Just got my LE.

Oh no, the included case is really awful. My 3DS XL is super loose inside it. A real shame, that was the thing that convinced me to go for the LE. What a waste...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Game get. Interesting to see the Club Nintendo code on a separate piece of paper when most games have been doing it on the inside cover (perhaps it's only 1st party?).

There's suppose to be free DLC coming out today, right?

Mihos

Gold Member
Collectors edition just showed up. Just in time for the football, beanbag-chair, turkey coma day.

daveo42

Banned
Though the case looks and feels great, the 3DS XL gets too much room in there.
It moves in the case, which leads me to worry.

Oh no, the included case is really awful. My 3DS XL is super loose inside it. A real shame, that was the thing that convinced me to go for the LE. What a waste...

Well that's highly disappointing. Might need to rig something to make it work, like making a foam insert for it. Right now my 3DSXL just bounces around inside my bag, so I was kind of excited to get a nice case for it.

Game get. Interesting to see the Club Nintendo code on a separate piece of paper when most games have been doing it on the inside cover (perhaps it's only 1st party?).

There's suppose to be free DLC coming out today, right?

Is there? That's awesome if so. I checked the add-on content tab and there didn't appear to be anything available just yet.

Glad to see this game starts the gameplay quicker than P3/4. I love those games but I just wanted to get right into the combat in this one and I'm already in the dungeon in less than an hour so I'm pretty happy. Never got into EO so I'm super excited to dig deeper into this.

Between this and Smash bros WiiU, retailers don't give a fuck about not breaking the street date, I was surprised to see both of them at a FNAC with Pokemon being available tomorrow.

And nice to see it at only 30€ too. I think I'm going to start with the P3 cast, I hope thz game is good, never played an EO game before.

PK Gaming

On the other hand, moving after enemies can have advantages too, since you won't get knocked out of boost state.

In cases where you can reliably boost against bosses/FOES, I still think Rise is the better choice because not everyone will be able to boost. The utility that Spotlight provides usually outweighs Fuuka's healing.

Busaiku

So it's vertical and not horizontal movement? Might be easier to fix with just a little additional padding if that's that case.

Yes, it's not as bad as that.
The shoulders are fairly safe.
There's even a little pouch in there (on the top), so you can stuff something soft in there to keep the system in place.

Actually, the top pouch can fit my phone (Galaxy Note 3).

Top Bottom