• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean... it's a Shin Megami Tensei game. I do hope it's more inline with SMT2 rather than SMT1/3/SJ though and there's more interesting things going on than just "Oh yeah, Walter is Chaos Hero and Jonny is Law Hero" which is what it looks like right now.

They also revealed like three new characters in Famitsu this week, so maybe one of them will strike your fancy.
Everything I've seen about it looks completely different from the typical SMT stuff, and that's actually got me kind of interested. Gameplay and presentation-wise, I mean. I'm not expecting that much from characters, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

Nocturne's the sole reason I keep Matador in my P4 party
daSU1.png

Oh god, my experience was so much more work than that.

It is possible to survive those final labyrinthine parts of Amala without a walkthrough, but there are specific skills you HAVE to get and be sure to never "forget", along with a very specific demon you need to keep around to increase your chances against that final secret boss.

And then regardless of that ending, there's that one boss that involves shadows and the lunar cycles that must have been mind-boggling to try and figure out without a faq or a copy of EGM or whatever.

I like that I'm vague for spoilers of that 10 year old game in this thread.

It's not that byzantine. They allude to it heavily before.

I always thought that was just bizarre, I don't see how making an impression of a jet taking off is a viable negotiation tactic. :p

Motorcycle! It was a motorcycle! :p

Everything I've seen about it looks completely different from the typical SMT stuff, and that's actually got me kind of interested. Gameplay and presentation-wise, I mean. I'm not expecting that much from characters, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

Nocturne's the sole reason I keep Matador in my P4 party
daSU1.png

YES.

I remember that SMT 1 for iOS was just a shitty port of the GBA version, itself a downgraded version of the PS1 version. Same case for SMT2? :S

Yeah. It's a shame too. The PSX versions are... well, they don't look good, exactly, but they certainly look better than the GBA versions.

Ginko/Lisa Silverman has a pretty crazy characterization. She's a caucasian girl raised by Japanophile parents thus making her speak Japanese only but she learns Cantonese due to her interest in martial arts and she takes drugs and sleeps with old men for money. First time I've seen like that in a JRPG. :p

Well, compared to Silent Hill it's definitely child's play.
This is exactly why p2 is one of the best jrpgs. I literally pray to YHVH that atlus takes this approach for p5.

So I want to do a max SL run of P3 soon since I've never done it and I want to fight liz with orpheus telos.

The only thing that's stopping is the fact that I don't want to slog through the first 10 hours or so.

I wish i could just start from the second full moon boss.

cj_iwakura

So I want to do a max SL run of P3 soon since I've never done it and I want to fight liz with orpheus telos.

The only thing that's stopping is the fact that I don't want to slog through the first 10 hours or so.

I wish i could just start from the second full moon boss.

I can see Orpheus Telos making this crap a hell of a lot easier(I'm fighting her in vanilla, so I had to custom design my Persona), but it'd still be easy to die to fluke crits, not to mention you have a time limit working against you.

jae

I just finished P3P for the first time. (It came down to January 30th, but I managed max SL!). I really didn't like any of the cast, particularly the social links.

I hear the FeMC is well written. If I am only lukewarm towards the game is her side still worth powering through in a lvl 99 100% compendium NG+ speed run? I didn't fight either of the blue ladies so I would have that to do at the end as well.

Finalow

I look forward to this being replaced by Erika when Soul Hackers comes out.

She was the Matador equivalent. My god.
so she's that boss, saying "yo, game ain't easy and you gotta grind if you wanna win".
Matador is pretty easy once you get some levels/decent demons.

I just finished P3P for the first time. (It came down to January 30th, but I managed max SL!). I really didn't like any of the cast, particularly the social links.
don't play P4 then.

Dantis

I hear the FeMC is well written. If I am only lukewarm towards the game is her side still worth powering through in a lvl 99 100% compendium NG+ speed run? I didn't fight either of the blue ladies so I would have that to do at the end as well.

FeMC has some really great S Links. Saori's and Shinjiro's are particularly fantastic.

Dantis

why would they make the encounter rate faster

Are there repel like items in p2

It's bonkers. Sometimes you'll take literally two steps and be thrown into another fight.

I'd never heard they raised it though. I thought it was left the same.

on hardest difficulty its still quite a bit easier than the PS1 version.

Probably to alleviate how much of a chore the actual gameplay is.

M I RITE?

Sallokin

Innocent Sin has some flaws, but it's not bad. Lots of loading issues and some gameplay balancing issues with the new optional content. The Eternal Punishment remake is apparently great, but it's not in English...

Every time I see this pop up in threads my heart hurts a little.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should make Demi Fiend the new Grim Reaper for Persona 5, and he has 3 other Persona with him.

Or just make Nocturne 2. That'd be fine.
tumblr_mchi09LsP41rt04mko1_1280.png

cj_iwakura

What about Theodore and Margaret in Persona 3 Portable? :p

Consider I did that in VANILLA. I think that achievement exempts me from that.

How bad could they possibly be?

And Margaret in P4 is a joke.
My next target is already decided.

Lucifer in Raidou 2.

Consider I did that in VANILLA. I think that achievement exempts me from that.

How bad could they possibly be?

What's the difference between her in vanilla and FES? I did beat her in FES, but I don't what would have been different.

And Margaret in P4 is a joke.
My next target is already decided.

Lucifer in Raidou 2.

He's tough, but not nearly on the level of Betty or Demi. (Lucifer in Devil Survivor 1, on the other hand...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom