• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

You poor child. I've never beaten (or even gotten to) Margaret in Persona 3 Portable, but similar rules as P4 but different Personae. Thought apparently she's very difficult/impossible to solo?

I somehow highly doubt she's as nightmarish as Ms. "I 9999 Megidolaon you if you screw up" Elizabeth.

And in Vanilla, you don't get Orpheus Telos. You have to make custom specialized Persona.

Which was oddly fun.

Sophia

I somehow highly doubt she's as nightmarish as Ms. "I 9999 Megidolaon you if you screw up" Elizabeth.

Well, she gets two turns, and every phase of the fight (four phases total, 10 turns each phase) you must deal a specific amount of damage (7k+) or she one shots with Megidolaon.

They made her get two turns in P4G as well, although the rest of the fight is unchanged.

cj_iwakura

Well, she gets two turns, and every phase of the fight (four phases total, 10 turns each phase) you must deal a specific amount of damage (7k+) or she one shots with Megidolaon.

They made her get two turns in P4G as well, although the rest of the fight is unchanged.

Sounds fun.

cj_iwakura

Oh yes. Not as hard as Elizabeth or the Demi-fiend, but much harder than her P4 incarnation. >_>;

I was disappointed in how easy she was. I loved the look of the fight for sure though.
(I mean, she wasn't EASY, but I expected much worse.)

I didn't even use no-Okami.

Also, I'm not sure I deserve Lucy yet since I didn't kill Beelzebub in Raidou 1, but I am playing on Devil Mode so...

I always wanted to fight Tamaki Uchida for some reason, with her Guardians that may or may not be Personae, and her demon pals, etc. She seems strong.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Maybe I won't bother going back to fight Elizabeth or Margaret.

Sounds like more effort than it's worth.

It might be easier in P4G since you can set the difficulty down and you can bring your party.

That's what I plan on doing, because I'm a wuss and I just want dat trophee.

valeo

Never heard of nor played Persona before but I stumbled onto the GiantBomb Endurance run - hilarious stuff (definition of 'LTTP', I know) Do now have an interest in Persona 5; think I'll give it a go. Really enjoyed watching them play; definitely a slow burn but there aren't many games out like that anymore.

Will be following this thread over then next few months for sure!

Dantis

Never heard of nor played Persona before but I stumbled onto the GiantBomb Endurance run - hilarious stuff (definition of 'LTTP', I know) Do now have an interest in Persona 5; think I'll give it a go. Really enjoyed watching them play; definitely a slow burn but there aren't many games out like that anymore.

You'll be waiting more than a few months for P5 to be released, haha. It hasn't even been announced yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Been replaying Innnocent Sin sincei'vegivenuponeternalpunishmentlocalization, and man, Eikichi's shadow confrontation is so intense. So much better than the corny 'you aren't me' stuff in Persona 4(Which I really like, but that stuff isn't near as memorable as 'Miyabi is MY woman'

Dantis

Been replaying Innnocent Sin sincei'vegivenuponeternalpunishmentlocalization, and man, Eikichi's shadow confrontation is so intense. So much better than the corny 'you aren't me' stuff in Persona 4(Which I really like, but that stuff isn't near as memorable as 'Miyabi is MY woman'

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to agree. "I am a Shadow, the true self" was an excellent recurring line. "You're not me!" was not so much.

Dantis

Nocturne+Raidou ported to Vita would be amazing, so it could get a US release. Too brilliant a notion for this world, sadly.

This and a DDS duology would make me very happy. If they added extra content like they usually do with their re-releases, that would be even better.

I like how watchable Persona 4 is, I have a dozen friends that won't even go near a JRPG or anything resembling anime that enjoyed the GiantBomb ER. After playing The Walking Dead, I've warmed up a lot to that interactive story telling type of game and I'd like to see Atlus' take on that. Especially after how great Catherine was, I think that they could make something just as good or better than The Walking Dead.

Squire

Banned
I like how watchable Persona 4 is, I have a dozen friends that won't even go near a JRPG or anything resembling anime that enjoyed the GiantBomb ER. After playing The Walking Dead, I've warmed up a lot to that interactive story telling type of game and I'd like to see Atlus' take on that. Especially after how great Catherine was, I think that they could make something just as good or better than The Walking Dead.

I would love a game like Catherine (or even an edited version of Catherine) without the block climbing stuff.

I like that they've done been doing that with real gameplay interwoven into it.

Yesterday I finished P4G (went for the bad endibg route) And now I'm doing the true endibg route and max social link. So far I'm going fine.

Wish me luck!!!

cj_iwakura

Good luck, though I'd suggest you stay out of this topic. Mighty close to spoilers!

As an aside, you really need to give Catherine another go. It's absolutely amazing.

Yep. It gives me a lot of faith in the Persona team when they can make a completely original project that turns out so wonderful.

Dantis

Yep. It gives me a lot of faith in the Persona team when they can make a completely original project that turns out so wonderful.

It really does. It's so unique and weird, and it's such a Persona team game. I loved unlocking the Persona tracks on the jukebox and whatnot.

For me, it's as perfect as a puzzle game can get. It's incredible.

Trigger

I've said it a million times at this point, but I really think a Vita version is on the cards.

I hope so. A portable puzzle game is easy to sell to the Vita audience, and I'd like to think Catherine would scale down fine. I wish there were more levels in the original.

Dantis

I hope so. A portable puzzle game is easy to sell to the Vita audience, and I'd like to think Catherine would scale down fine. I wish there were more levels in the original.

GiantBomb complained in their awful review that it was too long, haha.

I think online multiplayer would be something they'd add. I don't know if you played the competitive multiplayer, but it was dynamite.

Has the modern Persona team worked on anything other than Catherine and P3/4?

Nope. A lot of them worked on DDS though (And maybe Nocturne? I've never looked at the credits for that, but I know Hashino, Soejima and Meguro worked on it).

GiantBomb complained in their awful review that it was too long, haha.

I think online multiplayer would be something they'd add. I don't know if you played the competitive multiplayer, but it was dynamite.

Nope. A lot of them worked on DDS though (And maybe Nocturne? I've never looked at the credits for that, but I know Hashino, Soejima and Meguro worked on it).

Its all opinions. Other members of Giant Bomb have been on record of commenting they like Catherine way more than Jeff did.

cj_iwakura

Oh wait, he meant in the past. I'm pretty sure Hashino was art director on Nocturne, if not having a big role in it.

Soejima's first game with Atlus was Persona 2, and he worked on Soul Hackers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom