• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Oh wait, he meant in the past. I'm pretty sure Hashino was art director on Nocturne, if not having a big role in it.

Soejima's first game with Atlus was Persona 2, and he worked on Soul Hackers too.

His first game was actually Atlus Print Club.

I think he was referring to them working as a team though.

Dantis

Fucking release in this goddamn territory already

I actually really don't want to play it (But have to because it's Persona!). Even with my expectations so low, I cannot come away not disappointed.

Fortunately, Atlus has me covered, ho hum.

Jintor

I have to admit the main thing that got me interested in Catherine was the NorCal competitive catherine tournies

MONEY MATCHIN' EVERY DAY

cj_iwakura

I have to admit the main thing that got me interested in Catherine was the NorCal competitive catherine tournies

MONEY MATCHIN' EVERY DAY

It's a damn shame that didn't catch on. I've gotten friends who have no idea what Catherine is into it, and we've had some hype matches with very minimal introduction needed.

Jintor

Maybe I don't even know what Persona is! Maybe this whole thing has been a big lie! Maybe I've never played a single one of the games!

Maybe this act I've been putting on has just been....

A persona!

827971-alloutattack_super.jpg

I've gotten into January of Persona 4 Golden, and my interest in the story has pretty much disintegrated now that it's gotten all weird with god-killing a stuff.

I feel like I'm everything the old-school Persona community hates. ;)

I think my real beef with it though is that it's adding what are the deep staple elements of the Persona series' plots into a story that is completely different from the past ones. I enjoyed my detective-scooby doo story, damnit!

I suppose I'm at odds with those who want something more similar to the old games, eh? I just want another dose of Persona 4-like goodness, although I don't know if it's possible for Atlas to create another cast of characters that I'll like as much as these ones.

I have been trying to blitz through Innocent sin. How far am I from beating the game? I know shadow Maya is probably the next boss. I should also mention that I'm playing on easy.

Young Magus

I have been trying to blitz through Innocent sin. How far am I from beating the game? I know shadow Maya is probably the next boss. I should also mention that I'm playing on easy.
Since your at Shadow Maya, I would say your about 65% in the game. Also,
did you collect all the 4 masks?

Since your at Shadow Maya, I would say your about 65% in the game. Also,
did you collect all the 4 masks?
Masks? That's how you get the ultimate personas right? Do you get those through side quest? I have been totally rushing through the game (I'm only playing it for the story). I haven't even touched side quest). I remember seeing something about masks on the guide I'm following. I just beat
king leo
and saved the museum so I'm not sure I encountered the masks yet.

Dantis

Masks? That's how you get the ultimate personas right? Do you get those through side quest? I have been totally rushing through the game (I'm only playing it for the story). I haven't even touched side quest). I remember seeing something about masks on the guide I'm following. I just beat
king leo

You've missed them then, I think.

You get them in Mt. Whateveritscalled before you fight Shadow Maya.

CSX

Don't know if anyone has said this already but I think there's a chance Igor won't be in Persona 5 due to his VA's death. They have gone to great lengths to prevent getting a new VA, reusing same voice clips from the game onto Arena and the anime and then having him practically ignore Marie's existence in Golden.

If Atlus decides to ditch Igor, i'm gonna miss dat nose.

Young Magus

king leo

You've missed them then, I think.

You get them in Mt. Whateveritscalled before you fight Shadow Maya.

IIRC this is right before that, and it not to much of a side-quest just that in the mountain there are a few hidden masks. Get them and it'll make the rest of the game easier.

Trigger

Don't know if anyone has said this already but I think there's a chance Igor won't be in Persona 5 due to his VA's death. They have gone to great lengths to prevent getting a new VA, reusing same voice clips from the game onto Arena and the anime and then having him practically ignore Marie's existence in Golden.

If Atlus decides to ditch Igor, i'm gonna miss dat nose.

I have a feeling that in Persona 5 they'll just replace the VA.

I think they'll just have him be mostly silent while they introduce a different character to sit around and talk about how unique and special and wonderful the protagonist is.

Squire

Banned
I think Philemon's coming back.

This.

And I said this in the P4G OT (and I'm not the first to say it), but I think the symbolic equipment the team carries (P3: Evokers, P4: Glasses) will be touch-screen smart phones. They'll correlate with a sort of Mifnight Hotline (if you will) and I think that's how the party could meet each other; calling said hotline and being connected to each other (though I expect it to be like P4 where two-three characters already know each other.)

And just placing an emphasis on cell phones opens the doors to introduce some cool stuff!

Sophia

The only reason I don't think phones for P5 was because of the whole dialing the Joker part in P2. Then again, they've reused plot ideas before so...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, what is Velvet Room anyways? And what is Igor and all of his beautiful assistants? A fragment of any MC's psyche? But that can't be since the residents of that room are shown to have their own physical body, intelligence, and even will (Elizabeth trying to free P3 MC for example.) What are they?

cj_iwakura

So, what is Velvet Room anyways? And what is Igor and all of his beautiful assistants? A fragment of any MC's psyche? But that can't be since the residents of that room are shown to have their own physical body, intelligence, and even will (Elizabeth trying to free P3 MC for example.) What are they?

Persona 2 explains it in a lot more detail. Then after Philemon got owned by Nyarlathotep and lost his body, Igor took over and decided 'screw these musicians and that damn beatnik, I'm getting me a harem'.

In a nutshell. they're servants of Philemon who are there to help Persona users awaken to their potential.

As opposed to Nyarlathotep who wants humanity to remain useless and have no ability to change their fates.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Persona 2 explains it in a lot more detail. Then after Philemon got owned by Nyarlathotep and lost his body, Igor took over and decided 'screw these musicians and that damn beatnik, I'm getting me a harem'.

I don't think I am gonna play Persona 2 anytime soon, if ever actually. Can you explain?

Sophia

So, what is Velvet Room anyways? And what is Igor and all of his beautiful assistant? A fragment of any MC's psyche? But that can't be since the residents of that room are shown to have their own physical body, intelligence, and even will (Elizabeth trying to free P3 MC for example.) What are they?

The Velvet Room just seems to be the place that exists between a person's consciousnesses, their personal unconsciousness, and the collected unconsciousness. Igor himself is just a doll given life by Philemon. He remarks he's very similar to Aigis in this respect. I've always worked under the assumption that the "residents" are Shadows or other similar beings that have gained an ego of their own. There's some evidence to support this: Marie and Metis were both from the "other side", and Tedide (a shadow) eventually found his way there after forming an ego. Elizabeth, Margaret, and Theodore all have the same kind of eyes that are present for Shadow Selves too.

cj_iwakura

I don't think I am gonna play Persona 2 anytime soon, if ever actually. Can you explain?

I explained a bit more in the edit above, but basically

-Philemon sets off the spark(see: Izanami in P4), and Igor & co. do the fine-tuning.

Philemon's all but dead by the time of P4, but he still lingers in spirit(the butterfly save points), and Igor still helps where he can.

What his assistants are, I have no clue, but Elizabeth's wildly different from Nanashi(the pianist) and Belladonna(the singer). They're just kind of there.

Elizabeth gets involved.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're demons of some kind. I always suspected Belladonna and Nanashi were.

Sophia

Philemon's not really dead, he's just not at the forefront of things right now. Hashino confirmed that the butterfly in P3/P4 is him.

And yeah it's very likely that Nameless and Belladonna are demons, or something similar.

Sophia

More like ultimate law and chaos. You could make an argument that Philemon is just as bad as Nyarlathotep for letting Maya die.

Yeah this is more like it, but I wouldn't say Philemon is "just as bad", he doesn't intentionally cause evil acts, he's just bound by some rules that for whatever reason don't apply to good old Nyarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom