• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Lots of 501 in the added scenario.

S: This is JOKER, the Persona born from your sin! What do you think, it looks just like you! Hyahahahahahahahha!
>T: Dare to lay one finger on Maya and I'll certainly find you and kill you. No matter what, no matter what world you're in!
>S: Whose fault is it that that woman died, haah? Whose fault is it that the Other Side got blown off huh!
>T: Shut up!
>S: You killed everyone. Poor thing, just like me. Look at it, look at my Persona's happy face! Loser! Murderer!!
>T: Sudouuu!
>S: Good, be angry! Get even more angry and get drowned in the voices too! Voices, voices! Vooooiceeeesss!!

Just finished the Marie dungeon in P4 Golden and what a shitty rule of draining your sp every battle.......

Besides that, I liked how it ended.

Lots of 501 in the added scenario.

Damn I want that so bad! And who is the cat dude? I'm buying it right now since it's 50% off at Amazon. Hngggg

Just finished the Marie dungeon in P4 Golden and what a shitty rule of draining your sp every battle.......

Besides that, I liked how it ended.

Yeah, I wish that it was never interjected in the story. I would have liked it to be this badass end-game dungeon that you can visit any time after the ski trip, where even trash mob fights are like Elizabeth.

Jayhawk

I'm liking all the additional details of the Persona world from this thread. I finished P4G, P4A and I am about halfway through P3P. I don't think I'll ever play the P2 duology or P1 though.

cj_iwakura

Damn I want that so bad! And who is the cat dude? I'm buying it right now since it's 50% off at Amazon. Hngggg

Not sure yet, I'm reading the pastebin translation as I play the scenario. Part 1 was unlocked, but the rest isn't yet. The part I just did was about Shiori(the businesswoman), who was awesome.

Jayhawk: You should. It's one heck of a story, P3 and P4 don't come close.

Was playing the miracle quiz trivia and 1 question made me lol.

What is behind Chie Jacket?

The answer that she said was 29 the number of the meat! The Yukiko, said: Wait what?
The Chie says: 2 in japanese is ni and 9 is ku, that is niku that is meat.

Wish I could took a screenshot :(

The answer that she said was 29 the number of the meat! The Yukiko, said: Wait what?

I like to pretend that's the reason she bought the jacket in the first place.

Whoa, I always thought that the back of the jacket just had a ying yang or some image.

cj_iwakura

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/11/is-atlus-p-studio-connected-to-persona/

pstudio1_thumb.jpg

Pretty awesome if true.
(Bring back R&D1. :( )

So after reading the pastebin for EPP's new scenario, I found the part where they were trying to artificially give people personas to be pretty interesting. It sort of fits with the Kirijo group's experiments talked about in 3, but with demons instead of shadows. And since shadows and personas are the same entities...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I'm throwing my money at my laptop, but nothing is happening!

Whoa, I always thought that the back of the jacket just had a ying yang or some image.

Yeah, I looked at all three of her jackets and can't see any characters anywhere.

Unless it is somewhere on her winter jacket, the one with the rainbow on it.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if they'll go back to allowing all party members to use different personas, just setting up syncing instead.

On one hand, it makes party members more defined to have specific persona types, on the other I'd like more customization there.

CSX

I wonder if they'll go back to allowing all party members to use different personas, just setting up syncing instead.

On one hand, it makes party members more defined to have specific persona types, on the other I'd like more customization there.

I was thinking they might do the female or male MC thing again except they are both characters in the story instead of a swap. You choose who you want to play as (becomes silent protagonist) and the other will be voiced with fixed personality. This brings different and altered Social Links depending on who you play as.

Story event will happen where the character you are playing as will be the leader. Both will be able to have multiple personas. And if they bring out the special team attacks from Golden, then the male and female MC can have multiple team attacks depending on the personas they currently have.

I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I love that system; however, I think the customization would be great for min/max, especially if the game is more difficult, but I think that something may be diminished in the process.

Hey man, I love FFX!

But I also love that gif. Oh man.

:p

Sophia

Personally, I like the compromise of: Protagonist has a limited set amount of abilities (6?) but can switch Personae once per turn. Party members can't switch, but have no limit to their abilities and get a few special/unique abilities to balance it out.

I think it'd be ok if they let the non-main characters have access to everything in their arcana to switch between. That way they'd have flexibility while still sort of fitting in their own role. To keep it from being absolutely broken, I suppose they'd have to be limited to the stock versions of those Personas rather than the MEGIDOLAON/VICTORY CRY/MEDIARAHAN/DIE FOR ME/REPEL PHYS monstrosities people create now. :D

What's actually gonna happen: The system will be almost completely indistinguishable from P4G.

I think it'd be ok if they let the non-main characters have access to everything in their arcana to switch between. That way they'd have flexibility while still sort of fitting in their own role. To keep it from being absolutely broken, I suppose they'd have to be limited to the stock versions of those Personas rather than the MEGIDOLAON/VICTORY CRY/MEDIARAHAN/DIE FOR ME/REPEL PHYS monstrosities people create now. :D

What's actually gonna happen: The system will be almost completely indistinguishable from P4G.
That's actually a really cool idea, I think. As long as they don't take away direct commands, I'm not too concerned with the changes they make, though. lol

Squire

Banned
I don't think it'll be a copy/paste, but largely indistinguishable sounds about right. And that's fine. The key difference would be the game being balanced around everything, whereas P4G's gameplay has been improved, but also broken the balance. So P5 will probably be pretty tough again for the people who want that.

paolo11

Let me ask you this. For Persona 4 Golden ending, how long does that event take place after the last battle with the final boss?? Was it after a year?

And PersonaxDetective Naoto is not canon, is it?

Sophia

Let me ask you this. For Persona 4 Golden ending, how long does that event take place after the last battle with the final boss?? Was it after a year?

And PersonaxDetective Naoto is not canon, is it?

The true epilogue is a few months after Persona 4 Arena, which itself is in Golden Week, which is the start of May.

and no, PersonaxDetective Naoto isn't canon, and thank god.

Sophia

I think it's kinda interesting, btw, that apparently the P-Studio logo isn't on the back of the Japanese Persona 4 The Golden box. It's only on the US one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom