• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Nonsense. They'll save it for P5:the Platinum. Or DLC, we all know how great Japan has been with that!

Japan =/= Atlus. You make it sound like the Persona re-releases are GOTY editions when they're director's cuts; the latter two being divorced from their original cuts by four years.

Anything could happen with P5, but they easily could have held back quite a few extras in P4G as DLC and didn't, so I don't think DLC is gonna be a popular concern going forward.

Trigger

I would say Persona 5 could use a little bit of that coldness for the new setting. Persona 4 has been around for a while now so it's become very comfortable, happy and chirpy to many people. If they start a new setting from that tonal standpoint, I think it could easily devolve into self-parody.

Speaking of cold, I forget where, but someone mentioned Hokkaido as a setting for P5 which I think would really work. Kawabata's Snow Country mixed with SMT perhaps.

I want to go back to the city for the next game. Persona 4 is still relatively fresh in my mind so I want a nice change up from the last game.

bonercop

What are you even saying?

My point is that P4G is a dumb example. Just because Atlus chose not to nickle-and-dime consumers with a port of a 4 year old game on a fledgling handheld through DLC -- they did that through an absurdly high price-point instead -- does not mean they won't try to do DLC with a release on a established platform where DLC has proven successful in general and virtually every single JRPG has been making good money selling maid outfits.

Seeing how Atlus wasn't above adopting Arc Sys' methods for P4A(In fact, GLASSESS has to be a new low), I think chances are pretty good P5 is going to follow the rest of the JRPG market on this.

Squire

Banned
What the hell are you talking about with "absurdly high price point"? The JP price? Because the US version is $40 retail and digital - standard pricing for Vita games.

Marche90

Well, got convinced to add that logo on my avatar. Doesn't look too bad, if we consider that I used Paint for editing purposes.

How would you guys feel if for Persona 5 they went with just a female protagonist?

I think it could be quite interesting.

If done well, it could be good. Fortunately, all of Persona's female leads so far, Maya, Aigis and P3FemC (And Tamaki if you wanna count SMT If... as Persona 0) are done well so far....Except Maya was done better as a prominent party member because that's what he was at first and going from lively and badass to silent protag is kind of sad but still, she was done well enough. The true hurdle might be the fans who are in it for the date sim waifu aspect really...

daveo42

Banned
I'm still quite new the the Persona series and just beat P4G last night. I still plan on going back and maxing out social links and getting the true ending but which game should I pick up next?

I was thinking of getting P3 but asking those with more experience with the series sounded like a good idea before diving back in.

I'm still quite new the the Persona series and just beat P4G last night. I still plan on going back and maxing out social links and getting the true ending but which game should I pick up next?

I was thinking of getting P3 but asking those with more experience with the series sounded like a good idea before diving back in.
YES, P3 was better than p4 imo. Just make sure you get the portable version though. It allows you to play as a optional female MC(with different social links) and it has p4 gameplay(full control over your party, the ability to guard ect.). Going from p4 to original fes is kinda a big step back so definitely make sure you pick up the portable version.

Trigger

Yeah, play P3P. The other game s don't have the social link dynamic and they're closer to old school RPGs. I think P3P is one of the easiest versions of that game to pick up as well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so I'm guessing they split R&D1 into two studios?

R&D1:
a) team maniax (SMT/Devil Summoner titles, currently working SMT4): Kaneko, Eiji Ishida, Ryota Kozuka, Doi etc...
b) p-studio (Persona titles, currently working Persona 5) Meguro, Hashino, Soejima etc...

Squire

Banned
It's there a reason why everyone thinks it's going to be p5?

It's been mentioned in the magazine every so often for a few years now and we're pretty well divorced from the Japanese release of P4G.

The game fits the (admittedly vague) description and the time is right.

It's been mentioned in the magazine every so often for a few years now and we're pretty well divorced from the Japanese release of P4G.

The game fits the (admittedly vague) description and the time is right.

I am doing the smart thing and keeping my expectations in check.

bonercop

Is there a reason why everyone thinks it's going to be p5?

One of the reasons, at least to me, is this Atlus portal-site they launched a month or two ago on Famitsu.com:

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/121012_atlus/

Its barely been updated and if P5 isn't getting announced soon, its existence would be bizarre. Also, Atlus likes to announce their games through Famitsu almost exclusively, and P5 fits the bill perfectly by being a long-awaited, not-yet-unveiled title.

Kalnos

Banned
I'm not falling for the hype but I'm so ready for a new Persona game after playing Golden. Finishing that game just left me wanting more.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Japan =/= Atlus. You make it sound like the Persona re-releases are GOTY editions when they're director's cuts; the latter two being divorced from their original cuts by four years.

But they might not want to risk hurting the European release of P4A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom