• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

What system do you guys hope P5 is for?

PS3 is the only one I care about, but a PC, Wii U, 3DS and Vita release would be nice.
I would buy it on all those platforms, but I'm at least hoping for a region free version.

No 360 though, so I couldn't give a monkeys if that platform gets it or not.

iavi

As with nearly every game to see release, I would love a PC port. PC ports are rad because the games only look better over time!

Atlus is never going to give us this, but if hell does freeze over; I'll be there day one, and gift too, like I was with Falcom/Steam.

It being a Wii U title would be kinda cool, but it's almost definitely a 360/ps3 title.

Dantis

PS3 and PS Vita. Just to spite Dantis. :p

That wouldn't really spite me. I love my Vita. :p

If they manage to port it whilst simultaneously developing the HD one, I'll be proven wrong, but not sad about it. I'd probably buy both, even!

But it's irrelevant, because it's not feasible.

FluxWaveZ

Only PS3, and I can't pinpoint why other than some misguided sense of tradition. Revelations: Persona and Persona 2 were released for the PS1. Persona 3 and Persona 4 were released for the PS2. I wouldn't get upset if it was released for the Xbox 360/Wii U, but I feel like PS3 exclusive is how it should be.

Not 3DS. Only Vita if it would be pretty much equal to its console counterpart.

bonercop

I wonder what the backlash would be like if its a 3DS exclusive? man, that would be amazing to watch. BayonettaUgate would look like a calm disagreement by comparison.

Dantis

I wonder what the backlash would be like if its a 3DS exclusive? man, that would be amazing to watch. BayonettaUgate would look like a calm disagreement by comparison.

Hahaaaaaaaa.

My rage would be unending. I'd probably get banned from GAF for spouting inane, curse-filled gibberish.

I will laugh so hard if it was Wii U exclusive. But you know, playing it on the tablet controller and having some kind of Miiverse integration could be neat. Well, maybe not the latter.

Dantis

I will laugh so hard if it was Wii U exclusive. But you know, playing it on the tablet controller and having some kind of Miiverse integration could be neat. Well, maybe not the latter.

I wouldn't be too sad, seeing as I bought one.

It would stop me feeling like I grossly wasted my money.

Omikaru

I wouldn't be too sad, seeing as I bought one.

It would stop me feeling like I grossly wasted my money.

I'd be fuming if it was Wii U exclusive, just because I'd have to wait for some incompetent EU distributor to release it a year after the US release.

I wouldn't be quite as mad if I hadn't already bought a Wii U, but I couldn't resist.

And if it's 3DS exclusive, I'll just have to import a US model, or hope a region free hack is available.

Hahaaaaaaaa.

My rage would be unending. I'd probably get banned from GAF for spouting inane, curse-filled gibberish.

Not only will it be 3DS exclusive, the battles will be in first person.

(Of course, given that there's only like six enemy types in the whole game + bosses, they'd probably be able to do fully animated enemies like in EO4)

Squire

Banned
Different engine, brah. Catherine used Gamebryo, this uses one developed by the Persona Team.

It doesn't really matter. Different engine, but they made Catherine so they could adjust to the PS3 and 360 architectures. Index licensed the PhyreEngine, so I'm guessing the new engine is derived from that.

Omikaru

Would be a good game for Atlus to break into the PC market, if you ask me.

If they make P5 for 360, with the obvious intent of doing it for the Western audience more than the Japanese audience, then I'd like to see them go the extra mile and work on a PC port too. Basically, the more options I have to play a region free version of this, the better.

Alas, common sense tells me this is just PS3 and 360 at this point. Any other system is a happy bonus.

Dantis

How many people would flip their shit if Persona 5 was a
~Vita~
exclusive?

I don't think anyone would be bothered by this at all. Everyone loved P4G being Vita exclusive. My only complaint is that I don't get as immersed in handheld games.

Tamanon

Banned
I want PS3, if only to keep the string of mainline Persona games on Sony consoles alive.

Also, because I don't want to hook back up my 360.

PS3/Vita with cross-saves and 360 just to 1000 it after the plat.
Then again, with a region lock on 360 and not on PS3, a 360 version would allow me to replay the game a year later. With a region lock on PS3 as well, I'd probably mail Anthrax to Atlus or something. Missing on a fighting spin off is one thing but I'd hate to miss on a mainline entry. Which is also why making the game Nintendo platform exclusive would be terrible for me.

Atlus is very very happy with P4G sales on Vita. Enough to warrant consideration for P5. With that said I can't really see P5 coming out to 360 at all, the port effort just to appease EU/NA.

Atlus is very happy with an uprezzed PS2 game. I can assure you, they would not be happy with spending 2-3 years on a brand new Persona game for the Vita. It will come to PS3/360 since Catherine was their test game and it was their biggest western success. The effort to port it to 360 will pay off quite well even if Japan doesn't care.

Salaadin

Have their been any rumors about when theyll be talking about the next Persona game? I know Famitsu is teasing something right now but, if thats not P5, when can we expect P5 news?

I really hope theres a Vita version. It doesnt even have to be YOPO. I just want it portable.

Tamanon

Banned
Have their been any rumors about when theyll be talking about the next Persona game? I know Famitsu is teasing something right now but, if thats not P5, when can we expect P5 news?

I really hope theres a Vita version. It doesnt even have to be YOPO. I just want it portable.

Last thing was a year or so ago where they confirmed they were working on it.

A lot of people are desperately hoping that the big news Famitsu is teasing this week will be P5. We'll know in a few hours.

Sophia

I suspect if the Famitsu announcement isn't Persona 5, we'll hear about it either in March, or after the release of SMT IV.

As much as I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT IT TO BE PERSONA 5 in Famitsu today, I don't expect it because the last time they had an SMT game and a Persona game at the same time, it cannibalized the former's sales.

Anyone know how distribution of Arena and Catherine went in North America? How were the sales between PS3 and 360. I know Arena flopped in the west.

WalkMan

Banned
Atlus is very happy with an uprezzed PS2 game. I can assure you, they would not be happy with spending 2-3 years on a brand new Persona game for the Vita. It will come to PS3/360 since Catherine was their test game and it was their biggest western success. The effort to port it to 360 will pay off quite well even if Japan doesn't care.
Using P4G as a test game for Vita, it seems it passed its test a lot better than 360 did with Catherine given the respective install bases. Also where are you estimating your figure of 2-3 to bring a game to Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom