• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

If it's not even in cert yet, I bet P4 Golden arrives here before P4 Arena. I mean, P4G for EU must be in cert now if NIS America wants to hit that February 22nd date they mooted, right?

Just thinking about Arena again is making me mad. Eurgh.

Dantis

No she's not, I honestly can't think of any part of the game she's anything I would call mean. She slaps people a few times, but it's in response to what she perceives as off-color remarks, which is understandable considering her environment at work.

First of all, it is never suggested anywhere that that's the reason why she's so prone to hitting people. Considering how she seems out of it in half the conversations ("Oh, I didn't hear you" "Do I need to get some tofu?..." etc. etc.), it's much more likely just because she's dense.

I see people defend her all the time, but never any justification behind it. Aside from her design, why is she a good character? And try to refrain from saying something like "BECAUSE SHE'S SO CUTE WHEN HAS A LAUGHING FIT! :3".

First of all, it is never suggested anywhere that that's the reason why she's so prone to hitting people. Considering how she seems out of it in half the conversations ("Oh, I didn't hear you" "Do I need to get some tofu?..." etc. etc.), it's much more likely just because she's dense.

I see people defend her all the time, but never any justification behind it. Aside from her design, why is she a good character? And try to refrain from saying something like "BECAUSE SHE'S SO CUTE WHEN HAS A LAUGHING FIT! :3".

This reminds me of how Chie is an absolute jerk as well, Yosuke is a supreme dick, Kanji is mentally retarded, Naoto is at once supremely stoic and "mature" and completely childish, and Teddie is a walking Deus Ex Machina. Yu? Swag Swag Swag #Swag #Demons

Dantis

This reminds me of how Chie is an absolute jerk as well, Yosuke is a supreme dick, Kanji is mentally retarded, Naoto is at once supremely stoic and "mature" and completely childish, and Teddie is a walking Deus Ex Machina. Yu? Swag Swag Swag #Swag #Demons

>: (

Nope.

Daimaou

Uh, she outright says that's the reason after hitting Yosuke and apologizes? It's not just suggested, it's blatantly stated. And yes, she is a bit of a ditz.

I wasn't saying she was some sort of paragon of character development or anything, just that she's nowhere near anything what I would call mean.

Dantis

I Don't think so, Tim.

20100908111322_1531_DontThinksoTim.jpg

Uh, she outright says that's the reason after hitting Yosuke and apologizes? It's not just suggested, it's blatantly stated. And yes, she is a bit of a ditz.

I wasn't saying she was some sort of paragon of character development or anything, just that she's nowhere near anything what I would call mean.

Also Chie is FAR meaner that Yukiko, by design.

I fucking despise chie. She has to be in the top 10 most overrated characters ever. She also has the worst romantic social link in the entire game. The way you reject her on Valentine's day was amazing.

Daimaou

I fucking despise chie. She has to be in the top 10 most overrated characters ever. She also has the worst romantic social link in the entire game. The way you reject her on Valentine's day was amazing.

I still like Chie as a character, but I don't quite understand the devout legion of fans she's acquired either.

Yeah, pretty much how I feel. They probably wouldn't mind so much if it was Atlus, since P4A seems to be a one-off at this point, but Zen are the exclusive publisher of ASW games in Europe. Gotta keep that relationship rock solid.

Fucking ASW. So obviously those guys not giving two fucks about Europe. Bet they had one guy working on the EU version.

Zen United is comprised of 6 employees =S:
Geraint Evans: There are six employees. There is me, the CEO of Zen United and we have a designer and a technology guy and more people.
http://jpgames.de/2012/07/our-interview-with-ceo-of-zen-united-geraint-evans/

Oh and no idea if it's true but...
Zen United To Offer "A Kind of Reward" To Patient Persona 4 Fans
From a October 16th 2012 article...
http://addictoffiction.com/zen-united-to-offer-a-kind-reward-to-patient-persona-4-fans (Reward is a special editon apparently)
Basically, we'll have a CE for you if you give us even more money and you'll get a CE with possibly cheap stuff from Japan =/

Question:

I own Persona 4 for PS2. The last time I played it I got about 15 hours into it then stopped for some reason. Now I want to play it again fully and I have it set up and looking pretty awesome in PCSX2.

I also have a Vita though and was wondering whether I should just play the PS2 version or wait for Golden to come out in Europe and play that instead? Or even play both (although I understand it is about 60+ hours long so that puts me off somewhat)?

Question:

I own Persona 4 for PS2. The last time I played it I got about 15 hours into it then stopped for some reason. Now I want to play it again fully and I have it set up and looking pretty awesome in PCSX2.

I also have a Vita though and was wondering whether I should just play the PS2 version or wait for Golden to come out in Europe and play that instead? Or even play both (although I understand it is about 60+ hours long so that puts me off somewhat)?

Play Golden, it's the enhanced edition, graphics are cleaned up, and portable, i.e. play it anywhere.

Affirmative action for tomboys?

Listen to the P4 The Animation commentary track if you have the Blu-ray set/download lol, according to them (Director and voice actors) it's cause she seems like the most down to earth and Yukiko feels like the "unobtainable" girl in highschool XD

Daimaou

Question:

It depends on how impatient you are. Even if the additions are a bit iffy in spots, Golden is probably the definitive edition and likely worth waiting for if you already have a Vita.

The original is still an amazing game, though, and will hold up regardless if you absolutely must play it now.

kewlmyc

I still like Chie as a character, but I don't quite understand the devout legion of fans she's acquired either.

Me too. She's my favorite P4 female (becaue I find her the least annoying out of all the girls, despite her stupidity), but the mass love for her always seemed odd to me.

Also, the P4 fanbase has single handedly made me hate the word "swag". I blame the P4 anime for this.

Sophia

Me too. She's my favorite P4 female (because the other's annoy me to some degree), but the mass love for her always seemed odd to me.

Also, the P4 fanbase has single handedly made me hate the word "swag". I blame the P4 anime for this.

Rightfully so to blame the anime, given the first ending called the protagonist a swagger. :p

Dantis

Me too. She's my favorite P4 female (becaue I find her the least annoying out of all the girls, despite her stupidity), but the mass love for her always seemed odd to me.

We should be friends.

daveo42

Banned
Listen to the P4 The Animation commentary track if you have the Blu-ray set/download lol, according to them (Director and voice actors) it's cause she seems like the most down to earth and Yukiko feels like the "unobtainable" girl in highschool XD

First girl I went after because of this and the fact she's refined but has a really weird side (all that never-ending laughing).

Moonlight

Banned
I'd imagine the problem might be the hardware. I think it's likely that the 3DS could conceivably have 3D exploration and 3D battles but you'd have to make big compromises on performance and battery life.

It's a shame, too. I'd have loved it if the transition between exploration and battles were less jarring.

Vita up-port, please.

I'd imagine the problem might be the hardware. I think it's likely that the 3DS could conceivably have 3D exploration and 3D battles but you'd have to make big compromises on performance and battery life.

It's a shame, too. I'd have loved it if the transition between exploration and battles were less jarring.

Vita up-port, please.

Doubt it, things at least PSP level.

Dantis

Vita up-port, please.

Nah, it could almost definitely do it. In theory, the 3DS is above-PS2 quality. SMT4 wouldn't even need to look as good as DDS for people to be happy with it (Heck, the 3D sections DON'T look as good as DDS).

Squire

Banned
I think it's half this, half lack of faith in the SMT name. It won't sell nearly as well as anything Persona branded. I guarantee P4G will outsell it, both in the East and the West.

That's gonna be a real thorn in those "Persona on 3DS" arguments.

DAMNIT, I didn't want to read anything about PS4G but now I screwed up and saved at the end where it says this is your last chance to save before major decisions are made...but the major decisions occur just before that! Now I can't go back and get a true ending! 70 hours down the drain :(

DAMNIT, I didn't want to read anything about PS4G but now I screwed up and saved at the end where it says this is your last chance to save before major decisions are made...but the major decisions occur just before that! Now I can't go back and get a true ending! 70 hours down the drain :(
Though maybe tiring, just press on and then do new game plus.

Daimaou

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's an opportunity to save after that if you don't qualify for the true ending.

Is your save before or after you confront Namatame in his hospital room?

Fake Edit: I guess I didn't need to spoiler that since this is the spoiler thread, but whatever.

Sophia

It is not possible to screw up your save in this way. You are given the option to save right before the bad ending choices, and anything that doesn't continue onward ends the game right there.

Though maybe tiring, just press on and then do new game plus.

There's no need, unless he foolishly overwrote his save with a Game Cleared save, which in the original you didn't even get for getting the bad ending.

It is not possible to screw up your save in this way. You are given the option to save right before the bad ending choices, and anything that doesn't continue onward ends the game right there.

There's no need, unless he foolishly overwrote his save with a Game Cleared save, which in the original you didn't even get for getting the bad ending.

I didn't override with the game cleared but I dont see how I can do after the last save point they give you just before going to the hospital...am I dumb? lol

Sophia

I didn't override with the game cleared but I dont see how I can do after the last save point they give you just before going to the hospital...am I dumb? lol

You're offered to save right before Nanako dies. After that save point, you do not get a chance to save again unless you made the right choices to go on. Go back, load your save game, pick the right choices.

For the record, the choices that determine if you go on or not occur in the room with Yosuke on December 3rd. They are, in order:

"Wait a second here.."
"We're missing something."
"Namatame's true feelings."
"Something's been bothering me."
"We're missing something..."
"Calm the hell down!"

That will let you continue playing, at which point you'll have to guess the murderer on December 5th. Correctly identify the murderer, and you'll be on the Good & True ending route.

You're offered to save right before Nanako dies. After that save point, you do not get a chance to save again unless you made the right choices to go on. Go back, load your save game, pick the right choices.

For the record, the choices that determine if you go on or not occur in the room with Yosuke on December 3rd. They are, in order:

"Wait a second here.."
"We're missing something."
"Namatame's true feelings."
"Something's been bothering me."
"We're missing something..."
"Calm the hell down!"

That will let you continue playing, at which point you'll have to guess the murderer on December 5th. Correctly identify the murderer, and you'll be on the Good & True ending route.

agh crap that worked...lol thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom