• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

You're on your own for that (and it's a dungeon or two off anyhow), I only told you the answers because this is the spoilers thread. >_>

Just wait til I'm back tomorrow making fun of P4 again!

tumblr_lq21tfYdbo1qersozo1_500.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Listen to the P4 The Animation commentary track if you have the Blu-ray set/download lol, according to them (Director and voice actors) it's cause she seems like the most down to earth and Yukiko feels like the "unobtainable" girl in highschool XD

So... even the director and voice actors consider Chie to be 2nd best at best next to Yukiko?

Seems accurate *nods*

So... even the director and voice actors consider Chie to be 2nd best at best next to Yukiko?

Seems accurate *nods*

They all said they liked Chie, and what I wrote before is why they didn't choose Yukiko XD; incidentally the Japanese VA for Adachi, Mitsuaki Madono, (who funnily enough was invited onto an episode where Adachi had no appearence) said he liked Nanako the best. So far all the female voice actors like Dojima the best, can't say I blame them:
951768-p4_ryotaro_dojima1_super.jpg

I'd really recommend listening to the commentary track, some are really funny. Like Naoto's voice actor, Romi Park, just the whole way through commenting how she wants to leave, and keeps picking on Daisuke Namikawa, Yu's va.

Why does smt4 have 2d demons but 3d environments? That has got be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Because they wanted a ton of demon variety and they wouldn't be able to do that on the 3DS with polygon models. And any day now they're gonna have a big famitsu article where they reveal like forty new demons that Kaneko drew for the game, and then they'll have another article where they're like "Haha we were just kidding around before, the main character's haircut is actually totally different from what we've been showing and it doesn't look stupid as h*ck." And then I say, "Man, it sure is weird how they've been trolling us for like nearly a year on this game" and then someone gives me a corgi to shut me up and it works because corgies are cool.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Because they wanted a ton of demon variety and they wouldn't be able to do that on the 3DS with polygon models. And any day now they're gonna have a big famitsu article where they reveal like forty new demons that Kaneko drew for the game, and then they'll have another article where they're like "Haha we were just kidding around before, the main character's haircut is actually totally different from what we've been showing and it doesn't look stupid as h*ck." And then I say, "Man, it sure is weird how they've been trolling us for like nearly a year on this game" and then someone gives me a corgi to shut me up and it works because corgies are cool.

E4fKL.jpg

Enjoy!

Well for a start, they only have one team who works on consoles, and that's the Persona Team.

Yeah, also they are not a large enough studio to take risks and big investments early on in a next-gen cycle, remember how late P4 came out in the PS2 lifecycle? They need a big userbase to maximize profits, since Persona is one of their (I assume) bigger sellers.

Catherine was basically the testproject to get a feel for THIS gen. We might not see a next gen persona on a console in a long long time. Don't get your hopes up.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, also they are not a large enough studio to take risks and big investments early on in a next-gen cycle, remember how late P4 came out in the PS2 lifecycle? They need a big userbase to maximize profits, since Persona is one of their (I assume) bigger sellers.

Catherine was basically the testproject to get a feel for THIS gen. We might not see a next gen persona on a console in a long long time. Don't get your hopes up.

Yup, P4 came out in 08, which was 2 years AFTER the launch of the PS2, in 06.

There's no way in hell that they're working on a next gen game right now.

Dantis

Why can't persona 6 be cross gen?(ps3/360/ps4/720)

Money. You'd be developing two entirely different games.

Not to mention P5 probably won't come out (At the earliest) until the end of this year. Say it takes them two to three years to make a game...

They'd be entering next gen in the same timeframe that they entered this gen.

EDIT: Whoops. Thinking wrong. For some reason, I was thinking Catherine was 08. But I was thinking it came out two years ago.

So in my head, we're still in 2010.

Even so, they wouldn't get anything out until 2015 at the earliest. And that's probably unlikely.

Soriku

Hmm, what are the odds of them working on Persona 6 on current gen consoles after P5? Would be cool if they got P5 out late this year (in Japan) or early next year and P6 in a shorter 2-year dev cycle (same length as OG P3 to P4 JP release).

FluxWaveZ

Hmm, what are the odds of them working on Persona 6 on current gen consoles after P5? Would be cool if they got P5 out late this year (in Japan) or early next year and P6 in a shorter 2-year dev cycle (same length as OG P3 to P4 JP release).

Only PS2 "SMT" games I played were Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, but between the Raidou games, the Persona games, the Digital Devil Saga games and SMT: Nocturne, it seems they tend to reuse assets, probably to save development costs/effort.

So I think Persona 5 will most likely be released for current consoles and the same goes for any sequel if it were to be released 2-3 years after P5.

Trigger

I don't see it happening personally.

Dantis

Serious question: Is anyone else sick of Shihoko Hirata? I really felt like Time To Make History was an incredibly weak track by Meguro standards (Easily the weakest Meguro battle theme in a Persona game), and Now I Know seemed like it was just completely going through the motions. There are still some newer decent original tracks with her in the anime (Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down is AMAZE), but overall I'm just tired of her voice.

New singer for P5.

Agree or disagree?

Serious question: Is anyone else sick of Shihoko Hirata? I really felt like Time To Make History was an incredibly weak track by Meguro standards (Easily the weakest Meguro battle theme in a Persona game), and Now I Know seemed like it was just completely going through the motions. There are still some newer decent original tracks with her in the anime (Ain't Nobody Can Hold Me Down is AMAZE), but overall I'm just tired of her voice.

New singer for P5.

Agree or disagree?

But I loved 'Time To Make History'. :(

Dantis hates alot of things =P; I agree on a new singer, though I think they will change to a new singer anyway.

New singer for P5.

Agree or disagree?

Sick of her? No. I think she would be appropriate if P5 continues the P3/4 trend of high-school antics, simply because, at least to me, she's the voice of "modern" Persona.

If it's a big departure from the recent teenage goofiness, I think a new singer would be nice. If only to signify a clean slate on all fronts.

Dantis

Sick of her? No. I think she would be appropriate if P5 continues the P3/4 trend of high-school antics, simply because, at least to me, she's the voice of "modern" Persona.

If it's a big departure from the recent teenage goofiness, I think a new singer would be nice. If only to signify a clean slate on all fronts.

She's not in Persona 3, you sausage.

But I loved 'Time To Make History'. :(

Don't get me wrong, I still like it. It's a Meguro track, after all, and I'd sooner listen to a weak Meguro track than pretty much any other game music.

But on the list of battle themes, it's probably absolute bottom for me.

She's not in Persona 3, you sausage.

Yeah, but she is part of that more... anime..? sound that I associate with P3 and P4. She's part of that high school bubbly-ness that winds its way into those games. The two are inseparable in my mind. D:

Edit: My posts suck (more so than usual) when I haven't slept in 24 hours. I am no sausage!

Dantis

Yeah, but she is part of that more... anime..? sound that I associate with P3 and P4. She's part of that high school bubbly-ness that winds its way into those games. The two are inseparable in my mind. D:

Edit: My posts suck (more so than usual) when I haven't slept in 24 hours. I am no sausage!

If you're associating a singer with a game she had no involvement in (Across three iterations of it), then I would say you are a sausage. :p

She's only been in P4, Golden and a single track on Arena.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Heh, all this talk reminded me of an old duckroll thread:

Would you pay $1000 for Persona 5 if Lady Gaga composed the soundtrack?

I wouldn't pay $.01 for Persona 5 if Lady Attention Whore composed the soundtrack. It could be the greatest game in the world, scoring 11/10 on various review sites, but knowing ANY of my money would be going to her would cause me to avoid at all costs.

Was ol Duckie drugged up on something when he came up with this?

Moonlight

Banned

New singer for P5.

Agree or disagree?
Disagree so hard. I'm in love with her singing, and her vocals have done an amazing job elevating what are my favourite songs (Snowflakes and Never More in particular) in the franchise (maybe ever). I would love to see her continue singing in P5, alongside Yumi Kawamura. She's just fantastic.

And Time To Make History being weak by Meguro standards (which I would also disagree with) should be, well, Meguro's responsibility, anyways. Would someone else singing it with no other changes to the composition really improve your opinion of the song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom