• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part was they didn't even justify it. One second everyone is having a snowball fight and then BAM! Bathhouse scene. Would it have been that much work for someone to say "hey lets go to the hot spring," and have a sensible transition?

Bathhouse scenes are NEVER good...well, there was one, and it was flipping the script, no surprise.

I loved Persona 4 Golden... then, I started to play Persona 3, on my Vita too... and even when graphics are not that better, I love the game too (I'm on december right now).

My question is... and please don't spoil the game (I read here the P3 final some weeks ago)... should I like "Persona 2: Innocent" Sin for Vita? And what about "Persona 1"?

Are those much different from 3 and 4?

Very. The combat is gen 4/5 era Atlus (DQ-esque). You negotiate with demons like in mainline Megatens, there's no Slinkin', music's different but just as great, characters are similar but just as great, and most importantly and best of all: fucked upon FUCKED story that never relents, only getting crazier and better as it goes on.

Speaking of P4 Anime, is this scene for real?

persona_4_quality_animation_holy_crap_two_chies.jpg

Because it's like they just don't give a damn holy shit.
More Chie is never a bad thing.

Trigger

Persona 5 Hype 2: Hype Harder

It's not a matter of it being easy or hard. It's a matter of it being an unbelievably stupid system that has no place in any RPG ever. It's time consuming for no reason, and doesn't add anything to the game.

It deserves it's fiery grave.

But tell us how you really feel.

If that's the kind of care they are giving to the anime then I am not sure I am willing to look for it anymore, meh.

I've only seen two parts of the cartoon: A .gif of Chie and Ai slapping the crap out of each other and a clip of a fight between Yu and
Margie
. On the former, I thought "This seems really out of character for Chie" and on the latter "Man, this must be totally incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't played the game."

Moonlight

Banned
It's actually pretty good. Just, uh, the production quality is not consistent at all. And it's pretty reliant on what you already know about the story.

The animation gets a lot more solid during fight scenes, although it's never spectacular. I'd definitely give it a shot, at least. I think it handled stuff like Shadows really well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm okay with Demon Conversations, but fuck Tarot cards.

I think it would be hilarious if in P5 you walk up to the save butterflies, only to end up having to successfully negotiate with Philemon before you're allowed to.

I've only seen two parts of the cartoon: A .gif of Chie and Ai slapping the crap out of each other and a clip of a fight between Yu and
Margie
. On the former, I thought "This seems really out of character for Chie" and on the latter "Man, this must be totally incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't played the game."

Not even the Kings Game scene? I thought that would be the one everyone has watched.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Margie

Chie and Ai in a catfight? o_O

It's actually pretty good. Just, uh, the production quality is not consistent at all. And it's pretty reliant on what you already know about the story.

The animation gets a lot more solid during fight scenes, although it's never spectacular. I'd definitely give it a shot, at least. I think it handled stuff like Shadows really well.

Hmmmh. It's pretty expensive to acquire it here so if the animation is not up to par then I would really, really regret it if I purchase it.

I think it would be hilarious if in P5 you walk up to the save butterflies, only to end up having to successfully negotiate with Philemon before you're allowed to.

I kind of hope they find a way to incorporate the negotiation system like in Nocturne in Persona games. I don't know how, I just want them to do it, hahaha. I think it's a much interesting method of acquiring more pokemons for your party instead of the same old same old fusing stuff.

The plot of both games from what I've read aren't long enough to justify it. I wouldn't mind the games using a similar battle system though.
I'd be okay with that. You take like 3 steps before you get into a battle in IS(it's super annoying). I should really beat IS though. I have some evil looking Maya that joined my party randomly lol. I'm guessing that means shadow Maya is next?

I'd be okay with that. You take like 3 steps before you get into a battle in IS(it's super annoying). I should really beat IS though. I have some evil looking Maya that joined my party randomly lol. I'm guessing that means shadow Maya is next?

Estoma bro, seek a Persona with it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That's fake. I just saw that scene an hour ago and actually paused to check.

Do you have the original broadcast? They may have fixed it on home release. Never looked into it for P4 specifically, but its not uncommon to see a bunch of fixes done after initial airing.

maltrain

Thanks for your answers... I don't mind to play a game different if story is that good.

In your opinion, how are Persona 1 and 2? What is your favorite of those two?

I don't know if I play both of them or only 2...

Marche90

It's true. They fixed it for the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

And also... well, here we go again

Choo, choo!

EDIT: Beaten like 5 times lol

Thanks for your answers... I don't mind to play a game different if story is that good.

Persona 1 is definitely the weakest in terms of gameplay and plot. The character interaction that's there is good, but there's not much of it at all. The plot isn't bad, but not too memorable or deep. I'd personally watch a play through on YouTube or something

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
And to think it was all because Ai likes Kou but Kou likes Chie.

Too bad for Kou because Chie's first love is meat.

So the fight is because of Kou...? Huuhhhh.

And the game clearly stated that Ai's 'feelings'--if you can even call it that--towards Kou/Daisuke is just a fleeting thing anyways.

Looks like the animators are trying to milk all the things that can be milked from the game, hahaha.

Persona 2 is better but it's full of Persona 1 references and on PSP/vita we only have the first part of Persona 2. Funnily enough, on PS1, we only got the second half of persona 2

The Persona 4 anime was pretty crap. I hope they can do justice to the P3 movie. Hopefully with the shorter run-time, they can focus on important stuff and not Nanako playing dressup zzzz.

Nexas

So the fight is because of Kou...? Huuhhhh.

And the game clearly stated that Ai's 'feelings'--if you can even call it that--towards Kou/Daisuke is just a fleeting thing anyways.

Looks like the animators are trying to milk all the things that can be milked from the game, hahaha.

Its more than just that. That episode goes down "fake boyfriend" route of Ai's social link. I may not be remembering correctly, but I think Ai gets pissed because she thinks Chie is stealing both Kou and Yu from her.

Nexas

How is that??? The PSP/Vita Persona 2 is not complete? :O

Persona 2 was released as two game: Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

The PSP port of Eternal Punishment has been not been brought over from Japan, and we've received no word from Atlus if it ever will be.

It's actually kind of funny. On the PSX Innocent Sin was never localized, but Eternal Punishment was. Now it seems like the opposite might happen.

Edit:Also a PSX copy of EP will cost you somewhere in the range of $70, and is even more dated than the PSP games.

I am PersonaGAF's shadow. Deep down, you guys dreaded seeing the little ! over Nanako's head and came home every night hoping ~Dojima~ was there instead. Admit it, and let me be free.

Persona 2 was released as two game: Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

The PSP port of Eternal Punishment has been not been brought over from Japan, and we've received no word from Atlus if it ever will be.

It's actually kind of funny. On the PSX Innocent Sin was never localized, but Eternal Punishment was. Now it seems like the opposite might happen.

Edit:Also a PSX copy of EP will cost you somewhere in the range of $70, and is even more dated than the PSP games.

Actually feel the PS1 Innocent Sin was better balanced than the PSP one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom