• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

MEATER

Also a lot of the usual mod makers (including the PESEDIT team) have abandoned PES 15, citing increasing difficulty to modify game files and Konami giving absolutely 0 fucks about their PC community. Keep in mind that these are the type of people that stuck around through the horror years.

That's sad news :( Are PC sales that low or is Konami just ignorant of the community?

I got my hand on a X1 review copy today. I don't remember that much about PES only that me and my friends had the most fun with the 2012 and the 2006 version. This seems to be somewhat inbetween those two.

I wonder if 2006 was really as great as my memories of it... Need to dig out my original Xbox and check it out around christmas!

Assault

Right, just bought this digitally on PS3 (don't have a PS4 yet). This is my first PES game in 6 years - I've enjoyed FIFA these last few years but honestly it feels like the exact same game each time now so I decided to go for PES, especially after all the positive stuff I've read about it on the interwebs.

Will report back after I've had some time with it!

Nyx

I'm not selling this anytime soon, having a blast.
Last night I had a tense online game with Utrecht vs AS Roma, it indeed isn't like FIFA where I would not stand a chance with that matchup, still lost 0-1 but it was very nice.

NHale

*Rant alert*

Got the game yesterday and I must be the person with the most stuttering in a match ever.

It lasts for 3-4 seconds each time and it happens at least 5 times in every match. It's unplayable because the game just stops-play-stops-play during that time. It must be related with the friends list because playing with an account from the same region but with 3 friends (instead of 400 in my primary account) I only had 1 instance of stuttering during a match.

Even the menus stutters! Matchmaking works perfectly for me but everytime stuttering happens online (always around the 10 minute mark) the game disconnects with the message "the connection deteriorated etc...." I simply can't play it online.

What a mess. I can't appreciate the game because the stutters breaks the flow and then I spend the next 60 seconds pissed off and then another stuttering happens.

Meanwhile it appears that Konami isn't giving any attention to this. Even EA posted a fix for this on their message boards until they patched it.

jts

...hate me...
LOL!

Why did he sell it?

Because he's a hype driven fool.

Seriously if enough people say they will buy poop he will lose his marbles about poop and even create a shitty OT about poop, and talk about poop all week until it gets released. Then he sells it a week after when the hype has died.

Fuck Bla and fuck Bayern.

Because he's a hype driven fool.

Seriously if enough people say they will buy poop he will lose his marbles about poop and even create a shitty OT about poop, and talk about poop all week until it gets released. Then he sells it a week after when the hype has died.

Fuck Bla and fuck Bayern.

Easy now.

Nestunt

We should get a metric of number of stutters/number of friends

then one could decide to play this online or only offline

I have around 80 friends -.-

We should get a metric of number of stutters/number of friends

then one could decide to play this online or only offline

I have around 80 friends -.-

I have about 500 with 70-80 online at any given moment.

Yeah I went overboard with Destiny and Diablo 3 GAF spreadsheets :p

I got into foot-to-ball during the world cup, so I'm kinda new to the sport, but I've been watching the Premiere League this season and I really enjoy the game. These games always go way over my head, though. I looked at the tutorial for a fifa game a couple years ago, and it was like looking at the tutorial for a Paradox grand strategy game. Are these games are hard to get into? What's the best way of doing that?

Ideally you need to find a mate as hopeless as you and drag them round to yours and play locally. You might not learn a great deal but it is undoubtedly the best way to play PES.

Bajan32

I'm really starting to hate this f'n game online. Sometimes it stutters while I'm inputting a move and the pass or kick doesn't happen. Everyone is just ripping the ball from me but my tackles aren't doing shit. Everything I do feels like it's a half second to a second behind. So fucking annoying. I literally can't beat anyone. I know I'm not a great player by any means but something just ain't right.

I def feel the difference when I'm playing solo. I can't fucking figure it out.

I've gone thru training like twice. But I'm just getting destroyed online. It's not fun. My guys when they do manage to tackle and get the ball they'll just stand there and let the opponent take the fucking ball back. Swear to god I'm almost over it.

What sucks the most is after each match I've got better stats, but where it matters is the goals and I'm always on the short end of the stick. And why the fuck does every other team feel like they are moving at twice my speed. Do these f'n guys not get tired?

Ideally you need to find a mate as hopeless as you and drag them round to yours and play locally. You might not learn a great deal but it is undoubtedly the best way to play PES.
Yeah, absolutley. Co-op master league is where it's at.

Also helps that the AI (both opponent and team mate) is much improved in this game. Still a bit cheaty and scripted but everything just feels smoother and more natural. Even the change man function has been improved immeasurably (which is essential for good co-op play). Really been impressed with this version so far. It just plays a really good game of football.

As a point of comparison I happened to play 2008 the other day. Dear god...it was awful. I mean comically bad. It's really hard to believe that it was running on the same hardware as 2015. Makes me appreciate how good the PS3 version is, even if it isn't quite at the same level as the PS4.

Jimrpg

Is anyone here from the Asia region?

The Steam version is STILL missing... its pretty annoying. Even though I'm going back to Australia in one month and I can probably get it there during the Christmas sales, it kind of annoys me that its not available here. I mean, its a hotspot for pirates, you would think to release that game asap before people start pirating it all over the place.

dhlt25

I'm really starting to hate this f'n game online. Sometimes it stutters while I'm inputting a move and the pass or kick doesn't happen. Everyone is just ripping the ball from me but my tackles aren't doing shit. Everything I do feels like it's a half second to a second behind. So fucking annoying. I literally can't beat anyone. I know I'm not a great player by any means but something just ain't right.

I def feel the difference when I'm playing solo. I can't fucking figure it out.

I've gone thru training like twice. But I'm just getting destroyed online. It's not fun. My guys when they do manage to tackle and get the ball they'll just stand there and let the opponent take the fucking ball back. Swear to god I'm almost over it.

What sucks the most is after each match I've got better stats, but where it matters is the goals and I'm always on the short end of the stick. And why the fuck does every other team feel like they are moving at twice my speed. Do these f'n guys not get tired?

Yeah I'm feeling kinda the same here. Mind you I've been playing pes since the ps1 incarnation so I'm no new comer to the series. The new physics just feel really strange and loose to me. Sometimes my player would trip on the opponent and lose out on the ball. Pressure and tackle feels really floaty if that's the right word for it. So far I'm not seeing the praise the game get.

Gibbo

Is anyone here from the Asia region?

The Steam version is STILL missing... its pretty annoying. Even though I'm going back to Australia in one month and I can probably get it there during the Christmas sales, it kind of annoys me that its not available here. I mean, its a hotspot for pirates, you would think to release that game asap before people start pirating it all over the place.

I am. The thing is that it was online for 2 or 3 days before being taken offline. Figured it is konami being konami though- seeing how we still do not have MGS Rising on Steam Asia

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm really starting to hate this f'n game online. Sometimes it stutters while I'm inputting a move and the pass or kick doesn't happen.

Yeah I'm feeling kinda the same here.

I feel your pain guys - I tried something last night that really improved PES for me. Here's my post from pesfan this morning:

Firstly, this won't be a fix for everyone. Network environments these days are very complex and there will never be a one size fits all type of fix. I'm sharing this as it really improved my experience with PES at first, but then I noticed improvements in friends list loading and BF4 and some other games. It might not work for you, but the more things we try, the more focus we might bring to the actual problem.

What it does not improve: This didn't seem to make a difference to PSN message slowness and/or 'could not find opponent' message. It did seem to have a positive impact on general matchmaking though. It also seemed to 'reduce' the stutter in single player though not eradicate it.

Environment: My PS4 is wired into my Virgin Superhub.

My symptoms: I seemed to be behind everyone online by a second. My players seem to react slower, and the opponent was already in the process of closing me down before my player had received the ball. It felt like I couldn't compete because my PS4 was not keeping up with what was actually happening. My record before trying this was 1W, 3D and about 7L. I made this change yesterday and went to 2W, 1D and 0L. The all round experience was night and day as well. Not only was I competing I was actually able to create chances!

Changing your MTU: So what i did was change my MTU on my PS4. Default it is set to 1500, which was the same as my router. To detect your optimal MTU, drop to a command prompt and do the following:

ping google.com -f -l xxxx

where xxxx is a number. You want the highest number that does not fragment. Might take you a little while to find the exact number. Here's an image example:

Fn0AOjO.png

NOTE: You could also look at your router's MTU size and knock 28 off it. For some reason the 28 byte header seems to be the key value here.

Next you need to go to your PS4 network settings. Select 'Set up network connection' or whatever it's called. Choose a 'Custom' setup. Accept all automatic settings until MTU. Set this manually to the value you discovered above (or your router's MTU - 28). MTU is usually an instant change but I like to reboot things anyway to reload the network stack etc.

Log into PES, get a game and see if the actual in-game experience improves (forget matchmaking for now), and report back here to say it worked or it didn't work. Give it 5 games or so to get a general 'feel' for it as well.

Why does it work? Not sure, as I said environments are quite complex. Perhaps there's something strange if PS4 MTU matches router MTU. Maybe PSN is better at dealing with non-fragmented packets. Maybe the overhead on 1500 byte packets is too much at PSN end (volume/processing ratio) or there's a config anomaly. This is all pure speculation and to be honest I don't care as long as I can play games smoothly. I suspect those buying new routers have a different MTU size on their router and it has indirectly resolved their issues.

Hope it helps some, it not all people anyway. And please remember to report back so we can gauge if it is quite a reliable change to make!

Hasney

I feel your pain guys - I tried something last night that really improved PES for me. Here's my post from pesfan this morning:

While I've not got PES yet as I'm waiting for it all to be ironed out, this has sped up friends list avatars loading and WWE 2k15 doesn't feel so horrible online. I'm same as you, Virgin Superhub (2) wired in and the optimal number from ping was 28 off the default 1500 as well.

Could be thread worthy.

goonergaz

I've not had any stuttering issues...very odd, mind you, probably only played ~20 games.

Whilst in the subject of games, how does MyClub work? I keep playing games but it still says 10 games left...am I playing friendlies or something?! It's not overly clear for a numpty like me.

cormack12

Gold Member
While I've not got PES yet as I'm waiting for it all to be ironed out, this has sped up friends list avatars loading and WWE 2k15 doesn't feel so horrible online. I'm same as you, Virgin Superhub (2) wired in and the optimal number from ping was 28 off the default 1500 as well.

Could be thread worthy.

Yeah deffo made an improvement to friends list to me as well. I've made a new thread anyway and we'll see it it improves it for a lot of people :) Nice suggestion.

@above - I think the divisions are 'online' - vs COM appears to be the middle panel but I literally only started it before. Maybe divisions are against human?

Jimrpg

I am. The thing is that it was online for 2 or 3 days before being taken offline. Figured it is konami being konami though- seeing how we still do not have MGS Rising on Steam Asia
Yep I saw it then too, but I'm new to Malaysia so I wasn't aware.

Were you able to buy it? I assume you can still play it if you bought it.

Nestunt

Its a Thomson router. I dont think I can alter it through its settings. Only by cmd.exe

Should I do it?

Regarding the VPN software. No, not at all

Assault

So, I've been playing this game non-stop for a day. I'm so glad that PES has finally come good, it's a series I've always had a soft spot for.

Glad I didn't fall for the hype

Same ol' shit with Konami

Has their netcode ever been good? Even in the PS2 days the online was shit

No online issues here playing MyClub. I maybe see 1 instance of stutter per every 3 or 4 games I play online or off. I wish it wasn't there at all, but nothing close to game breaking for me.

I've never had the stuttering, but I certainly have the 'one-second-behind' feeling in online multiplayer. I feel like i'm controlling a team of children against pros. There has actually been a couple times where I think I might have been on the other side of that equation too, where my team just pushed the opponents out of their way and ran circles around them. I felt sorry for them.
I might just try playing some offline modes for a bit. Based on the updates at startup, Konami at least seems to be working on it.

dhlt25

now I'm getting stuttering even when playing against the AI. A game looking this shitty has no right to stutter on my computer T_T

Top Bottom