• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Jack cw

Played a few hours last weekend and the game still delivers. And I absolutely hate Rafinha in this game. There is no full back in this game, that has a worse tackle timing. Had to play him and he caused more than 3 penalties, shot one owngoal and several tackles lost and was responsible for many goals I conceded. Shit player. Konami obviously watch Bayern games.

NHale

Game bombed on the UK. Behind FIFA 15 even on launch week it's a very poor performance.

Even launching in the same week as Halo and AC: Unity, I expected the game to do better considering so many people are disappointed with FIFA. Let's hope it does better on the rest of Europe because I fear the only way Konami can buy more licenses and compete vs FIFA depends on the success of this game.

Malcolm9

Game bombed on the UK. Behind FIFA 15 even on launch week it's a very poor performance.

Even launching in the same week as Halo and AC: Unity, I expected the game to do better considering so many people are disappointed with FIFA. Let's hope it does better on the rest of Europe because I fear the only way Konami can buy more licenses and compete vs FIFA depends on the success of this game.

Bombed? It is 8th in the UK chart, with a lot of big games/franchises ahead of it that were just released or recently released, it also doesn't take into account digital sales. Fifa will always outsell it, it always has done, and remember the amount of parents buying Fifa 15 for their kids for Xmas.

The amount it has sold worldwide over the next few months will be the more interesting information to see.

Let's have a little perspective here.

liger05

Bombed? It is 8th in the UK chart, with a lot of big games/franchises ahead of it that were just released or recently released, it also doesn't take into account digital sales. Fifa 15 will outsell it, it always has done, and remember the amount of parents buying Fifa 15 for their kids for Xmas.

The amount it has sold worldwide over the next few months will be the more interesting information to see.

Let's have a little perspective here.

I think it will be in the bargain bin by xmas.

Malcolm9

I think it will be in the bargain bin by xmas.

I don't think it will, maybe the casual crowd will stick to Fifa, but I'd like to think gamers who were PES fans back in the day would give it another shot now the game is decent again.

The general consensus from gamers (from various forums I've seen) is they seem to be tired of Fifa, EA have rested on their laurels due to the the lack of strong competition, PES 2015 has changed that.

Even gamers who are pro-Fifa have seen the benefits in PES 2015 regarding the on pitch gameplay, where it matters.

Jack cw

tumblr_mb6nq8wAk91ri0219o1_500.jpg

It'll do fine though. Last entries sold around 5 - 7 million LTD and this one should make either. It will never compete against FIFA and the kids bragging with Ronaldo and Messi. And forget the FIFA licence. EA has it on lock until 2022 and even if Konami wanted, the price for this licence is priceless. It has to find it's niche with the core gamers and hope to be the better alternative in gameplay.

Is it definitely confirmed you can't play online against people with different versions of the game? I'm looking to buy the Korean version tomorrow but I won't if I can't play anyone in the UK.

Malcolm9

Is it definitely confirmed you can't play online against people with different versions of the game? I'm looking to buy the Korean version tomorrow but I won't if I can't play anyone in the UK.

The whole online aspect isn't working that great at the moment for some, Konami are looking into it and I hope they can resolve it.

TOTTTIIIIII

He is absolutely killing it for me at the moment. Beat RM and Barca with wonder goals from him. Having a nice three game winning streak online feels good. It has taken me a while to get use to it, but I am starting to make some progress.

I got the EU version instead of the Korean one. It was confirmed by Konami that you can only play people with the same version.

You might as well buy the UK version on the digital store. There is only a 20,000 won difference from buying the Korean version and it is the same price as ordering and getting shipping from play-asia

for some reason every time I play myclub, the game is so sluggish, but normal divisions are ok.

it's not just because of the shitty default players anymore, I have a relatively decent team now.

Curufinwe

The last seven years have left the PES brand in tatters. They'll need more than one very solid game to get back in the good graces of average punters.

Jack cw

The last seven years have left the PES brand in tatters. They'll need more than one very solid game to get back in the good graces of average punters.

Well, they have to start somewhere and this one is pretty good. The last 4 years had only mediocre football games and I really appreciate what Konami did this time..

Geengrenzuh

Neo Member
Are the classic teams (Italy, Holland, Argentina, etc..) in this year? I always thought they were awesome to play with in the oldschool pes games. Not to mention the availability of these players as young regens in Ml.

Nyx

Are the classic teams (Italy, Holland, Argentina, etc..) in this year? I always thought they were awesome to play with in the oldschool pes games. Not to mention the availability of these players as young regens in Ml.

The last bit is confirmed, you can ''add classic players'' in ML.

Not sure about the first bit.

Aren't the Uk charts kinda skewed though as AC:U was released on Tuesday and Pes on Thursday.

I dunno what day they calculate too. Monday through Friday?

GHG

Gold Member
So I just tried to play online for the first time and it keeps on saying "unable to connect to opponent" when I go to matchmaking.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Malcolm9

So I just tried to play online for the first time and it keeps on saying "unable to connect to opponent" when I go to matchmaking.

Am I doing anything wrong?

No, a lot of others are suffering from this to. I was reading comments from Adam Bhatti who stated online is P2P rather than on servers.

They are looking into sorting it out asap hopefully.

sneaky77

TOTTTIIIIII

got the EU version instead of the Korean one. It was confirmed by Konami that you can only play people with the same version.

That's dumb.. is 2014 for fucks sake. I am interested in giving it a go, but will probably wait.. since Fifa is just 99% clubs mode for me this yr

Shawn6661

Is it possible (PS4) to play online with my local friend, i.e. 2vs1 2vs2 like in the Fifa series ? In Fifa, you have to push an invite button for the second controller and you can play whatever ranked game, its great but i would like to rejump into PES gameplay.

spwolf

No, a lot of others are suffering from this to. I was reading comments from Adam Bhatti who stated online is P2P rather than on servers.

They are looking into sorting it out asap hopefully.

well, every game is p2p these days, and sports games are always p2p.

In any case, this is a problem with matchmaking servers.

Alchemist

Has Konami said anything about the known stuttering problem? I've watched a couple of streams now and I don't think I can put up with it, not at full price anyway.

Being a PES fan during the PS2 days and completely dropping the series last gen (with the exception of PES 2013), I think I should pick this up. FIFA 15 is just...ergh.

Bajan32

Yeah I give up. Dunno how to win online. Everyone is kicking my ass. And I missed getting 2 black level players by 1 more tick. Starting to hate this shit. No matter what I do people are just taking the ball from me while I can't seem to tackle anyone. My stats are always better at end of games... Possession, pass percentage, etc. But somehow I keep losing by 2-3 goals each match.

All matches just equal me getting stripped and then easy scores against me. But when I play the computer it feels more like a real match.

Malcolm9

If the online doesn't work anytime soon I'm going to bite the bullet and get FIFA 15.

Gameplay wise PES is better, but as an overall package FIFA offers more, and works online.

PaulLFC

Really enjoying this, although I could see MyClub getting unbalanced quite quickly going on what I've experienced so far.

I've played quite a few matches, but the best players I seem to get, either from top agents or triple 3-star agent offers, are gold players rated 80 or lower. The only better player I've got so far is the one I was gifted with the UEFA team of the year agent for getting the day one edition (Alaba).

Already though I've come up against a team with Neuer, Thiago Silva, Ribery, Ronaldo, Bale and Gotze. Another team had similar players and Ibra. Is that just complete luck with the top agent picks? Or is there something else to it I've been missing?

LAM09

Really enjoying this, although I could see MyClub getting unbalanced quite quickly going on what I've experienced so far.

I've played quite a few matches, but the best players I seem to get, either from top agents or triple 3-star agent offers, are gold players rated 80 or lower. The only better player I've got so far is the one I was gifted with the UEFA team of the year agent for getting the day one edition (Alaba).

Already though I've come up against a team with Neuer, Thiago Silva, Ribery, Ronaldo, Bale and Gotze. Another team had similar players and Ibra. Is that just complete luck with the top agent picks? Or is there something else to it I've been missing?

It's just luck of the draw. I haven't got any star players from agents, but I know a few people who have got players like, Navas, Benzema, Drogba, Hazard, etc.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm really enjoying the Master League, but it has that really frustrating lack of balance throughout the league that a lot of football games have suffered with in the past, where one team is clearly a million miles ahead of everyone else and the AI doesn't accommodate for slip ups, upsets or form.

Playing in France as Marseille and PSG are just completely dominant. Like, I'm fine with them being the best team in the league, whatever, but I feel like I want to compete with them and not just watch them stroll to the title every year. They won the league last year 37W 1D 0L and are 6 wins in 6 games this season.

Unless I can reliably win every single match I play (which on Superstar difficulty I won't, which is a good thing. I'm not knocking it down just to win every match) I don't see how I can top PSG. That's going to kill ML for me really quickly.

LAM09

I'm really enjoying the Master League, but it has that really frustrating lack of balance throughout the league that a lot of football games have suffered with in the past, where one team is clearly a million miles ahead of everyone else and the AI doesn't accommodate for slip ups, upsets or form.

Playing in France as Marseille and PSG are just completely dominant. Like, I'm fine with them being the best team in the league, whatever, but I feel like I want to compete with them and not just watch them stroll to the title every year. They won the league last year 37W 1D 0L and are 6 wins in 6 games this season.

Unless I can reliably win every single match I play (which on Superstar difficulty I won't, which is a good thing. I'm not knocking it down just to win every match) I don't see how I can top PSG. That's going to kill ML for me really quickly.

I'm playing through a league campaign with St Etienne, and PSG have been dominant so far (played 10 matches so far). I'm one point behind them, but I have already beaten them. I don't think the French league is the most competitive.

derwalde

when you pressure to high and aggressive, sometimes the cpu just passes the ball in their own half and there is NO way to get the ball, except to let them cross the center line of the field. so annoying.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Online still down for everyone? Currently tells me that the service cant be reached and I cant connect to the PES servers at all.

Played EU disk with EU account - no stutter
Played EU disk with alt US account - no stutter
Played EU disk with main US account - stutters like a bitch, even in the menu.

The only difference between 2 US accounts is that one has shitload of friends and someone is always going online n off every few seconds. I'll email Konami about this n see what they say.

Nyx

when you pressure to high and aggressive, sometimes the cpu just passes the ball in their own half and there is NO way to get the ball, except to let them cross the center line of the field. so annoying.

Yep that's pretty annoying, though sometimes I can get the ball back and have an open chance right away.

Oh and EU disc and EU account, haven't seen any stuttering at all.

Jack cw

That's why you better start attacking after the opposition played the first ball over the middle line. They tend to not play the ball back from there. If you attack high, you better do it with two players because one of your players blocks one possible passing way. Chance of intercepting early is bigger that way, but more risky, because it lefts space open in your midfield. Just like real football.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Why?
Apparently the problem isn't on Konamis side, so it's legit to tweet Sony about it, if they provide the servers.

Not sure what contacting Sony does though, they probably cant fix that individually anyway.

Jack cw

Not sure what contacting Sony does though, they probably cant fix that individually anyway.

We had that with Unity, Destiny, Driveclub and Diablo 3 already and I still think that it has to do with a mix of server request in the background and slow response times from PSN/Game server. It was mostly fixed with those famous "stability updates".
EDIT: And there was a PSN maintenance this morning, so there might be some issues.

Toma

We had that with Unity, Destiny, Driveclub and Diablo 3 already and I still think that it has to do with a mix of server request in the background and slow response times from PSN/Game server. It was mostly fixed with those famous "stability updates".

Yeah, I know, but its still weird to officially say "contact Sony" if contacting Sony doesnt do a damn thing. They are already aware of their server issues anyway, and they wont magically fix it if you call them. Just weird.

T-Rex.

Banned
I was referring to the tweet you posted. It says PS3 and PS4.
Yeah I know, and that's what I'm on about. People have been tweeting them about the online not working and not being able to find a match and that's all they've said. So what I'm saying is how is it a Sony issue when people that have the XBone version are having the same problem?

Top Bottom