• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

anyone able to help?

There are three different modes in MyClub: One of them is just 'Vs CPU'. Wins in that mode don't seem to do much, as far as I can tell. I'm guessing that's the mode you've been playing.
Then there's MyClub Divisions, which pits you against other players. That one has a 10 game season and you need at least 3 points to advance to Division 11. MyClub Division (SIM) is similar, except you just make managerial decisions during the game, only the AI actually plays.
In both of the Divisions modes, you can hit Square from the main menu once you've earned enough points to be promoted. So if you win one game in Division 12, press Square to move straight to Division 11.

I feel your pain guys - I tried something last night that really improved PES for me. Here's my post from pesfan this morning:

Nope didn't help, sorry. I actually got demoted because I lost 3 games in a row due to mad stuttering at key moments. At this point I'm just playing with my alt EU account and adding people who have PES. I don't think this will ever be fixed.

goonergaz

There are three different modes in MyClub: One of them is just 'Vs CPU'. Wins in that mode don't seem to do much, as far as I can tell. I'm guessing that's the mode you've been playing.
Then there's MyClub Divisions, which pits you against other players. That one has a 10 game season and you need at least 3 points to advance to Division 11. MyClub Division (SIM) is similar, except you just make managerial decisions during the game, only the AI actually plays.
In both of the Divisions modes, you can hit Square from the main menu once you've earned enough points to be promoted. So if you win one game in Division 12, press Square to move straight to Division 11.

fantastic - thanks very much :)

I guess the mode I've been playing is good for getting practice in, gaining points and building/fine tuning the squad.

much appreciated for the help!

Blablurn

Starting to regret purchasing this :(

tumblr_nfguboiC531r0vvt6o5_400.gif

What's the most effective way to tackle? Applying pressure never seems to gain you any positive position in terms of winning a ball back. As for double tapping x it seems you have to have a sixth sense to accurately predict when you'll be tackling...

If anyone could help that would be most appreciated. All my players seem very ineffective at defending

dhlt25

wow, even in offline mode, if anything on my computer is using the internet I would get stutter. Awesome job Konami, making sure I won't but anything from you again.

Jingo

I cant get in a online game for about 2 days, says: failed to connect to server, im on ps4, anyone having the same issue?

Is anyone still having problems connecting with users that have bought the EU version as well? Me and a friend have been trying for ages and we just can't connect to each other :/

Maybe we should try EU-All servers?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is anyone still having problems connecting with users that have bought the EU version as well? Me and a friend have been trying for ages and we just can't connect to each other :/

Maybe we should try EU-All servers?

The issue might be your provider/router. I assume the Speedports from Telekom are making a huge issue with this game because of their integrated firewall. A friend had the same internet contract and router that I have, I bought a new router and suddenly it works, while its still borked for him.

The issue might be your provider/router. I assume the Speedports from Telekom are making a huge issue with this game because of their integrated firewall. A friend had the same internet contract and router that I have, I bought a new router and suddenly it works, while its still borked for him.
Well I'm in the UK, and the friend is in the EU but bought a UK copy from the digital store I think. I also put my PS4 in a DMZ but that hasn't helped :/

My router/provider is Virgin Media btw

Blablurn

Interesting. I was using a Speedport as well. Nothing worked.

Nyx

Another weekend of Master League and a few online matches, another weekend without stuttering...

Seriously, I have looked for it but never ever saw it.

Love this game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's just weird that the online is completely broken for two weeks now and yet no sites are trying to talk to Konami about the issues or at least write about it so Konami move and fix it.

Nyx

It's just weird that the online is completely broken for two weeks now and yet no sites are trying to talk to Konami about the issues or at least write about it so Konami move and fix it.

What is broken then? I have played 5-6 online matches without problems last weekend? (quick match, PS4 version)

ibu

This is clearly true, Konami have never released a PES with decent online. We are 7-8 years into the online gaming age and this is still an issue. Completely and utterly indefensible.

I'm not even playing online, yet establishing connection pops up and the game stutters fairly frequently.

I understand YMMV but this is no longer a defence point, I know some don't have problems, but reading through this thread and online elsewhere it's clear the game is barely a smooth experience across the board.

Nobody should have to buy a new router to make a game function as advertised. That's stupidity. I have a 60mb down 20mb up connection, yet barely get a reasonable framerate in this game due to the stutter. Have I ever had an issue with any other online game? No, heck even Battlefield 4 worked well for me at launch and that was a travesty.

No more excuses they really need to sort these issues with their game out. It's the best in years, being dragged down by consistently poor load times and framerate issues really ruins the experience.

ibu

Ah ok, this topic gave me the feeling I was the only one without stuttering or online connection problems..

I don't think you are the only one, ironically on launch day this game was great for me. It's just begun to continuously under perform. Which is a shame, best PES since the ps2 era without a doubt. If Konami acknowledge and deal with these issues the game would be infinitely better.

I do think FIFA really needs to begin looking over its shoulder, Konami are catching up with pace.

The gameplay is unrivalled.

Nyx

Well let me tell you a bit about my Master League game with FC Utrecht then.

In season 3 already (skipping matches against low-tier clubs) and as we grabbed the 2nd place in the last season I was already playing Champions League in this season, went through to the second round even in a group with Schalke 04, Inter Milan and Man City.

Arsenal coming up in the 2nd round.

It’s a bit too easy to get good players cause I have rating 80+ players for most positions already but I do have a lot of fun with this mode.

Divock Origi is a beast as a center forward, a beast I tell ya!

Kazdane

I'm not having any performance issues on my computer. Besides online being mostly broken (I have been able to play 4 online games in the past 3 days) the game is a blast. It feels like a nice change from FIFA, especially if you play possession. The field feels big and high pressure isn't nuts like there. I'm liking it so far. Especially the shooting, as it's not so binary. You can fail goals into an empty net and also score some mad screamers.

But most importantly, it feels like everything that happens in the game has an explanation in the person playing rather the AI, which makes it feel better when you lose because you don't feel like you were just exploited into a loss. At least for now :D

Zabojnik

Just had a fantastic run of online games. Punishing United fools with Tevez and Pogba, Real ones with Morata. So good. YES JUVE.

ZabojnikGAF, if anyone wants to add me.

Datschge

This is clearly true, Konami have never released a PES with decent online.
Last three entries on Wii (2011-2013) had a very smooth netcode (but online was very barebone, nothing more than simple 1vs1 matches).

The issues in this code seem to be independent of the match netcode and related to the code used to track and sync progress data online which appears to be not really handled in a true async way (i.e. completely independent from in-game computation) as it should.

Siegmeyer

Slightly off-topic but no doubt someone in here can help me.

The PES on Wii with Playmaker controls is pretty well regarded is it not? If so, which year's PES was it? It must be dirt cheap by now and hopefully it'll tide me over until PES 2015 gets a price drop, pretty skint right now.

Hasney

The PES on Wii with Playmaker controls is pretty well regarded is it not? If so, which year's PES was it? It must be dirt cheap by now and hopefully it'll tide me over until PES 2015 gets a price drop, pretty skint right now.

I'm pretty sure all of them ended up being that way. And yes, they were great!

EDIT: Looked it up and they all do. 2012 was the last real version with a reskin for 2013.

nikos

Does anyone know if there are plans for US servers to be added? Online is unplayable, even VS people I've been gaming online with for years. Even offline games stutter, rendering this game completely useless at the moment.

Siegmeyer

I'm pretty sure all of them ended up being that way. And yes, they were great!

EDIT: Looked it up and they all do. 2012 was the last real version with a reskin for 2013.

Cheers. Just had a look on Amazon, I can get PES 2011 for 6 pence! 2 pound postage but still. Is there a concensus on the best year? I kind of abandoned PES last gen. Unless there are big differences in gameplay I'll probably bite at that price.

Datschge

Cheers. Just had a look on Amazon, I can get PES 2011 for 6 pence! 2 pound postage but still. Is there a concensus on the best year? I kind of abandoned PES last gen. Unless there are big differences in gameplay I'll probably bite at that price.
If you want to play online through the unofficial Wiimmfi server I'd get 2013, nobody plays any older version unfortunately. Personally I think 2013 still got plenty positive balancing changes to make it worth getting over 2012, both definitely over 2011.

Bumhead

Banned
Think I'm done with this game as well now.

Online hasn't worked for me even once. Can't connect to anything. And I'm about done with the frustrations of playing the AI at Master League.

Shame, as I do still think this plays the best game of football in years. But it needs work. It's a rough diamond and I'll come back when it's polished.

Nyx

Think I'm done with this game as well now.

Online hasn't worked for me even once. Can't connect to anything. And I'm about done with the frustrations of playing the AI at Master League.

Shame, as I do still think this plays the best game of football in years. But it needs work. It's a rough diamond and I'll come back when it's polished.

What frustrations?

Bumhead

Banned
What frustrations?

I can't really put my finger on it.

It's probably going to sound like a case of "get gud pls" or whatever but I'm not convinced the AI plays entirely fair on the harder difficulties.

With the demo I absolutely loved playing it on Superstar difficulty. Even when I was losing games, which happened with a fair amount of regularity, I was enjoying my time with it. It felt like I was losing games fair and square, and when I lost I was coming away from matches knowing what I was doing wrong and why I lost, before going straight into the next match to try again. That was why I fell in love with the game and the mechanics this year, and that's why I bought this instead of FIFA.

I feel like something has been lost in translation between then and the full game. I've had a few matches in Master League which have felt like total bullshit. I've had a couple of those classic games where the other keeper makes 20 saves and they score to win 1-0 with their only shot of the game, but I sort of accept those because hey, shit happens and that was always an issue in classic PES too. I got brought up on that happening. What bothers me more is the games where it almost feels like the AI just decides to nerf your team. I've played matches where the AI has retained 70% posession, just cannot get the ball off them. Matches where almost every single one of my passes, however simple and however controlled, has gone straight to the other team. Matches where simple passes and through balls become totally ineffective. Everything just feels.. off. It seems to occur in bunches of 2 or 3 matches then returns to feeling normal, and it seems to happen irrespective of form, condition, stamina or quality of the opposition.

I dunno. It just feels a bit iffy and temperemental to me. It's not losing matches in Master League that bothers me, which is why I'm reluctant to notch the difficulty down, just the way some of the losses and draws have felt to actually play.

TLDR; The demo felt like playing the AI, the full game Master League feels like fighting it.

vixlar

Yes. Those games are fun. I have PES2008 and PES2010. I'm not sure if there was another one after those.

Nyx

I can't really put my finger on it.

It's probably going to sound like a case of "get gud pls" or whatever but I'm not convinced the AI plays entirely fair on the harder difficulties.

With the demo I absolutely loved playing it on Superstar difficulty. Even when I was losing games, which happened with a fair amount of regularity, I was enjoying my time with it. It felt like I was losing games fair and square, and when I lost I was coming away from matches knowing what I was doing wrong and why I lost, before going straight into the next match to try again. That was why I fell in love with the game and the mechanics this year, and that's why I bought this instead of FIFA.

I feel like something has been lost in translation between then and the full game. I've had a few matches in Master League which have felt like total bullshit. I've had a couple of those classic games where the other keeper makes 20 saves and they score to win 1-0 with their only shot of the game, but I sort of accept those because hey, shit happens and that was always an issue in classic PES too. I got brought up on that happening. What bothers me more is the games where it almost feels like the AI just decides to nerf your team. I've played matches where the AI has retained 70% posession, just cannot get the ball off them. Matches where almost every single one of my passes, however simple and however controlled, has gone straight to the other team. Matches where simple passes and through balls become totally ineffective. Everything just feels.. off. It seems to occur in bunches of 2 or 3 matches then returns to feeling normal, and it seems to happen irrespective of form, condition, stamina or quality of the opposition.

I dunno. It just feels a bit iffy and temperemental to me. It's not losing matches in Master League that bothers me, which is why I'm reluctant to notch the difficulty down, just the way some of the losses and draws have felt to actually play.

TLDR; The demo felt like playing the AI, the full game Master League feels like fighting it.

I see what you mean regarding the possession ratings, I usually win games while having 30% or less possession of the ball, this is mainly due to the AI keeping possession within their defensive line while I try to pressure them.
This is something that can be annoying indeed. But it has not bothered me so much yet that I feel like I’m done with the game.

Also, when I’m fed up with playing the AI I just play a few online games which you can’t do unfortunately, hope that your connection problems get solved before you decide to sell the game or something, I loved your earlier enthusiasm on the game.

Jack cw

Konami has always overpowered AI in PES on higher difficultiy levels. It is absolutely random though. There are matches that are incredibly hard to win and AI does things they normally doesn't. But I understand why it's there. Football isn't predictable either and I like a good fight. Nothing is worse than playing single palyer in FIFA, where you have only one way to play against the AI.

Bumhead

Banned
Heh, I've got the game digital so no trading or selling.

I've been saying to myself "I'm done" for the last 3 or 4 days before making that post last night and yet I still keep going back to it. Maybe I just need to take an extended break.

The online stuff doesn't actually bother me all that much. It'd be nice to play a couple of games online and check out MyClub in its full flow, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm here for the single player content, which is why it bothers me probably more than it should that I'm not having the best of times with Master League. I'll go back to it though because the game is glorious when it's on form.

Football isn't predictable either and I like a good fight. Nothing is worse than playing single palyer in FIFA, where you have only one way to play against the AI.

I do definitely agree with that.

I just wish I was losing games the same way I was in the demo, rather than losing (or even some of the more frustrating draws) the way some of these matches are going in the full game. I'd rather stop playing the game entirely than notch it down to a difficulty where I win every game, but I wish there was a bit more of a happy medium.

Jingo

Alright now this is getting f******* ridiculous, i cant get in a online game ever, what the hell konami? Really starting to think about delivering the game, this is simply not acceptable, i bought this game for online and nothing else, my friend are grown ups with kids so i cant play local, this reallly sucks, what a disaster..

I'm here stuck with my stuttering issues. I disconnect the PS4 from the internet and everything works flawlessly. That's not the way it is meant to work :(

Top Bottom